PDA

View Full Version : NeoPOP formerly ngPSP by Apocalyptic980c (Neo Geo Pocket (Color) Emu)

XioN980
December 10th, 2006, 05:04
(with permission from psmonkey)

Hi, As a lot of you may know Psmonkey posted the source to his and Beekers port of NeoPop which they are discontinuing, There is no rom selector yet, just put a rom in the directory in your memory stick caller rom.ngp . I (as many have probably already done) have compiled it and are distributing it witha PD rom :D PERIOD This is not my work, i just compiled it. Details in the Readme. The rom is a PD version of Pac-Man

Enjoy

:thumbup:

-- edit --
Full source can be found at link below.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45435

Basil Zero
December 10th, 2006, 05:31
wow that was quick lol

TheEmulatorGuy
December 10th, 2006, 05:54
What is up with not having a file browser? It takes 10 minutes at most! Lazy *******s. Fortunately, I really don't care for this emulator, so I won't do it myself. :)

XioN980
December 10th, 2006, 07:00
I may implement a quick file selector for it i may not but remember, Psmonkey didn't even have to release the source code so dont flame someone and call them lazy for giving people in the PSP community the chance to play an emu he and the person he was co-coding it with weren't even supposed to make any release of.

PSmonkey
December 10th, 2006, 07:30
small topic change. This is not my release. Purely your release Apocalyptic980c. not mine. :)
It would be nice if you continue this project.

Ps, i linked to the src since it's sort of needed (due to NeoPop license rules).

TheEmulatorGuy,
this src is months old and I just finaly gave it out at like 2am on saturday. It's not like he had ages to write a gui (or steal someone else gui which i think is wrong. :|)

As for the emu, unlike previous versions of ngPsp, this was a clean rewriten port of NeoPop to the psp (you can compair the src for ngPsp 1.3 which is somewhere on my forums). The goal was to get much faster emulation out of it (which it is actualy 5-10fps faster then ngPsp 1.3 was), there is no gui since it never was release ready. As well the clean port was to fix new bugs that built up in the previous code from me screwing around to extend bios & network suport (f*ked up alot of the core doing that). The src was posted since my friend wont continue it and I would like to see someone continue it along with actualy adding a gui.

:)

dejkirkby
December 10th, 2006, 09:13
What is up with not having a file browser? It takes 10 minutes at most! Lazy *******s. Fortunately, I really don't care for this emulator, so I won't do it myself. :)

You sir, are a jackass! When you learn to code come back. Until then take your ungrateful ass and **** off.

SpacemanSpiff
December 10th, 2006, 10:25
This is for Neo-Geo Pocket Color, right? The OP needs to specify what system this is for. A lot of people might ignore this if they think it's for Neo Geo AES/MVS, thanks to NJ's perfect Neo Geo's emulator.

Veskgar
December 10th, 2006, 10:38

Yeah, that definitely wasn't very nice. Thats no way to treat a potential new homebrew project for the PSP. Its really cool that this was rewritten for faster emulation.

I will definitely be keeping a close eye on how this develops. I hope some coder(s) take up the project and continue with it.

Nocuddle
December 10th, 2006, 13:31
Dude, just this one more emulation & the whole NeoGeo thing will complete in circle. waiting patiently for this emu developed. :)

DPyro
December 10th, 2006, 14:36
Is this the same one that I have (with sound)? ;)

XioN980
December 10th, 2006, 15:02
Ive started working on a Basic Rom Selector and should be able to release it soon enough (it midnight here)

Mr.Denny
December 10th, 2006, 15:46
It won`t load for me.

My main folder is called NeoGeoPocket, inside that i have my readme and eboot and my ROM folder contianing a game renamed rom.ngp.

Also, i`m loading it on 1.5 firmware.

PSmonkey
December 10th, 2006, 18:28
Is this the same one that I have (with sound)? ;)

Yes it is.

PSmonkey
December 10th, 2006, 18:30
It won`t load for me.

My main folder is called NeoGeoPocket, inside that i have my readme and eboot and my ROM folder contianing a game renamed rom.ngp.

Also, i`m loading it on 1.5 firmware.

does the app boot on your psp and bring you to a black screen or does it instantly go back to the psp bios? If it's to the bios, makes ure the eboot is made 1.5 compatible (via pspbrew or exploit converter). Then make sure the folder names are acceptable for the psp. The Rom is loaded based on a relative location to the eboot and not a hard coded path on the memory stick.

Mr. Shizzy
December 10th, 2006, 19:01
Oh, so this is indeed a Neo Geo Pocket emu?

PSmonkey
December 10th, 2006, 19:34
Oh, so this is indeed a Neo Geo Pocket emu?

Yes, that is why the original name was ngPsp. the P being capitalized since its ngp + psp (overlaping p).

TheEmulatorGuy
December 10th, 2006, 23:59
You sir, are a jackass! When you learn to code come back. Until then take your ungrateful ass and **** off.

When I learn to code? I guess I'll stay here then, because I can code. If I couldn't code I certainly wouldn't be saying what I did, because I know from experience that file browsers aren't the hardest things to do (ESPECIALLY when you have the skill to do emulation...). I understand you probably can't code, so I won't hold that against you.

Yeah, that definitely wasn't very nice. Thats no way to treat a potential new homebrew project for the PSP. Its really cool that this was rewritten for faster emulation.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I wasn't complaining, I was just kidding around.

tuta
December 11th, 2006, 00:39
LOL So prove it you can code...

Is it full speed?
Anyway thanks PSMonkey and Apocalyptic980c lookin forward to your newer release and better gui.

TheEmulatorGuy
December 11th, 2006, 03:48
LOL So prove it you can code...

Aren't you a snide little boy....

http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=56495
http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=69179

Exophase
December 11th, 2006, 06:28
When I learn to code? I guess I'll stay here then, because I can code. If I couldn't code I certainly wouldn't be saying what I did, because I know from experience that file browsers aren't the hardest things to do (ESPECIALLY when you have the skill to do emulation...). I understand you probably can't code, so I won't hold that against you.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I wasn't complaining, I was just kidding around.

File loaders aren't the hardest thing to do but "10 minutes" is a gross exaggeration, I've never encountered anyone ever that can pull that off from scratch. I did the one for gpSP a day before releasing it, as a last minute thing, but I already had the text rendering done and I mostly took the directory loading code from another project anyway.

PSmonkey
December 11th, 2006, 06:28
can we all play nice please?

XioN980
December 11th, 2006, 08:18
Sheez, everytime i do something on these forums it turns into a massive flame fest.

Apoklepz
December 12th, 2006, 13:59
Soon enough...I remember asking for this a couple of days back when PSmonkey uploaded the source...Thanks for pulling it off, Apocalyptic980c. I'll give it a try this weekend...been busier than ever lately. Look forward to progress in this emulator...Got my fingers crossed hoping you're up to the task. Good Job, man.

XioN980
December 12th, 2006, 15:16
I havn't had much of a chance to work on the selector later, it wont be hard to implement, finding time however is another thing :D

Vangar
December 16th, 2006, 11:58
the program gives a lock-hard crash on 2.17 SE.

tuta
March 2nd, 2007, 02:03
is this dead?
When will it get updated I wanna play neogeo pocket

classicgmr
March 2nd, 2007, 21:13
is this dead?
I've been keeping an eye on this also for the last month+ and haven't seen anything. I was wondering that myself.

I would love to see this emu on my PSP but it's unwieldy with having to change rom names. :(

Here's hoping! :thumbup:

JeffMa
July 8th, 2007, 02:53
The Snk and capcom series in the games for the NGP. Is great. NeoPop is great for the Dreamcast Port.

gelon
July 8th, 2007, 13:13
Wellcome to 1983!! ^_^

Use e[mulator] or NGPSP, both are faster and better than NeoPOP

hellknigt
March 2nd, 2008, 09:14
I gather that this emu is dead because Iam still waiting for a release is it possible there may be on this year