PDA

View Full Version : 2.80-3.02 Devhook Firmware Installer 0.5b

tommydanger
December 10th, 2006, 18:26
Hi folks

I modified my 3.01 Devhook Firmware Installer so that you can install any update that is supported by the latest devhook.
In words this mean you can install
you decide it ;)

Usage is the same as ever:
Download latest devhook and install it.
Install this Installer
Download your desired update (2.80-3.02) and place it in the root of your memory stick, and name it "eboot.pbp" if it isn't already named like that.

Then in the XMB choose "Devhook Firmware Installer".
Once prompted hit [X] to install the firmware for devhook
Wait till PSP reboots and fire up devhook, choose the firmware you just installed and reboot.
Done!

Changes from the 3.01 Installer
-support for 2.80-3.02 update (not hardcoded to 3.01)
-support for 32MB memory sticks
-improved gui (nicer blue :P )
-EU/US button layout, unlike the 3.01 installer which had the JP button layout
-improved errordetection

This is based on code from PspPet, Dark_AleX and Team Noobz.
In no way does it read or write from your onboard flash!
Tested by me on 1.5 with 2.82,3.01,3.02 update and latest devhook

It may support newer updates aslong as sony doesn't change the keys (again) and of course devhook supports it

Enjoy!
Source is included

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

kalhalla
December 10th, 2006, 18:31
Great job!

But aww, I liked the JP FW dumps. X/O swapped.

Good thing I already have mine set up XD

Panini
December 10th, 2006, 18:41
Surely all you really need is 3.02 emulated as this is the newest firmware with all the latestst features etc?

siulmagic
December 10th, 2006, 18:44
yea finally what iv beenwating for thx you

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 10th, 2006, 19:02
cool for noobs.

S34MU5
December 10th, 2006, 19:04
This is a great app, cheers man. I used it for 3.01

EDIT:-

.:}<3\/!}\{:. I'm not a n00b, and i use it.
Im just lazy.

TCLCloud
December 10th, 2006, 19:04
Why are there so many dev hooks coming out but no one is making a 3.00 downgrader....

Panini
December 10th, 2006, 19:07
Why are there so many dev hooks coming out but no one is making a 3.00 downgrader....

Sell your PSP and get a cheap 1.5 on ebay. :D

I think its great that homebrew PSP's cn now emullate all firmwares. Devhook rules!

acn010
December 10th, 2006, 19:08
oh great!!!!!!!!!
now whats next?

yourpuertoricanpapi
December 10th, 2006, 19:13
ok what i really want to know is if i do this would i lose all my files on my 1.5 i have 3 4 gig mem sticks and i have alot of games i dont wont to lose i have nes snes gboy gboy color gba genesis turbo grafx 16 game gear
neogeo cdz plus neogeo plus all capcon games some please let me know thanks send me a pm or write me a fast note

tommydanger
December 10th, 2006, 19:25
no you doesn't loose anything

royvedas
December 10th, 2006, 19:26
Is there any way of getting a devhook emulating 3.0+ firmwares on a 2.71 SEC?

I prefer not going back to 1.5

VampDude
December 10th, 2006, 19:37
will try it on my next MemStick

Endless-rain
December 10th, 2006, 19:51
Is there any way of getting 3.01 working in devhook without the settings dialogue come up everytime? As if the settings had been reset?

dragonsifu
December 10th, 2006, 20:00
ok so im a noob, Im having trouble doing this. I'll give you a rundown of what I'v done and hopefully you guys can tell why im retarded.

1) I downloaded Devhook051_2
- I extract the content within the MS_Root folder onto the Root of my mem card. "PSP, FBM, DH.
*now theres a "src" folder I have no idea where to put this folder as I cannot find clear instructions about it. So I put this folder in the /PSP/Game directory and the Root of the mem hoping one of the two locations is correct.
- I get out of usb mode and try to run DevHook, it reboots but then gives me an error msg "The game could not be started. 80020128.)
?What am I doing wrong?

2) I download devhook_firmware_installer.rar
-I read the directions carefully. I proceed to locate psp/game/update/eboot.pbp.
-I copy this file and paste it into the root folder as Im instructed on the readme file.
-I extract "%__SCE__dh_fw_installer" and "__SCE__dh_fw_installer" to the /psp/game directory.
-I run the program, but get an error message "corrupt files"
*inside the .rar file is also a "src" folder which I would assume contains key files that would allow this program to operate properly but inside the read me file it is not mentioned. With the lack of information about this particular folder I extract it to the root and the /game directories hoping one of the two is correct.
*Obviously I am doing something wrong, someone please teach me.

thanks. :thumbup:

Bobtentpeg
December 10th, 2006, 20:07
I tried to install eery Firmware it worls with and none of then worked, i got the devhook can load exiting crap

lilvietquoc
December 10th, 2006, 20:39
when i try this, i always get a message saying
"failed to create report file, memstick might be full or unable to create OUT folder"
well i have 200+mb left on my memstick, so... i dont think that's a problem

MicroNut
December 10th, 2006, 21:17
ok so im a noob, Im having trouble doing this. I'll give you a rundown of what I'v done and hopefully you guys can tell why im retarded.

1) *now theres a "src" folder I have no idea where to put this folder as I cannot find clear instructions about it.

The "SRC" folder is the folder that contains the files necessary to compile the PSP PSAR program application in windows.
It is not needed.

What am I doing wrong?.
Its installed wrong, the download you have is corrupted or you are running it on a firmware other than 1.5

2) I run the program, but get an error message "corrupt files"

failed to create report file, memstick might be full or unable to create OUT folder

Use the most recent version of devhook.
The newest DevHook release is 0.510100
(Download Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45371))

Put the "Eboot.PBP" in the root of the memstick.
The Eboot.PBP file is the firmware you want to decrypt.
Sometimes the PSAR dumper uses a file from the firmware update name "data.psar" instead of "eboot.pbp"

The PSAR dumper you use must be the correct one for the firmware file you are attempting to decrypt.
The one released in this thread will decrypt 2.80 thru 3.02.

Google can help you find the firmware versions and other PSAR dumpers you might want.

Firmwares above 2.8 *should* be decrypted on the PSP they will be emulated on.
Here is a good thread on 2.82 that helped me:
Devhook .50 w/2.82FW Complete ZIP (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44566)

Veskgar
December 10th, 2006, 21:23
I used the last release to install 3.01 and it works great. Thanks for this release. I can't wait to use it.

1) I downloaded Devhook051_2
- I extract the content within the MS_Root folder onto the Root of my mem card. "PSP, FBM, DH.
*now theres a "src" folder I have no idea where to put this folder as I cannot find clear instructions about it. So I put this folder in the /PSP/Game directory and the Root of the mem hoping one of the two locations is correct.
- I get out of usb mode and try to run DevHook, it reboots but then gives me an error msg "The game could not be started. 80020128.)
?What am I doing wrong?

2) I download devhook_firmware_installer.rar
-I read the directions carefully. I proceed to locate psp/game/update/eboot.pbp.
-I copy this file and paste it into the root folder as Im instructed on the readme file.
-I extract "%__SCE__dh_fw_installer" and "__SCE__dh_fw_installer" to the /psp/game directory.
-I run the program, but get an error message "corrupt files"
*inside the .rar file is also a "src" folder which I would assume contains key files that would allow this program to operate properly but inside the read me file it is not mentioned. With the lack of information about this particular folder I extract it to the root and the /game directories hoping one of the two is correct.
*Obviously I am doing something wrong, someone please teach me.

thanks. :thumbup:

1.) You don't need to worry about the src folder. That is usually just source code.

2.) It sounds like you forgot to obtain a firmware update. Go to psp-hacks or wherever and download the firmware version you would like to emulate. Once you have the firmware update just make sure it is named EBOOT and place it in the root of your memory stick.

3.) Launch the installer and sit back and let it do its magic.

Hopefully that helps you out. All of this PSP homebrew stuff can be really overwhelming for someone new to it. Don't give up!

I don't agree with people who say that all you need is to emulate 3.02. Using DevHook 0.46 w/2.71 firmware has far greater compatibility and functionality. Especially if using a MOD like chunglams Launcher MOD.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=25654

But you can use both DevHook 0.46 & 0.510100 simultaneously so its not really an issue.

tragedie
December 10th, 2006, 22:01
I'm confirming that DH .51 runs beautifully on my TA-082 FW 2.71 PSP running Hen-D. I've been playing my copy of MGS: Ops just fine under emulated 3.01.

(So those of you with TA-082 Mobos can install this without fear.)

mr.oddball
December 10th, 2006, 22:44
hey, how do you change the X/O button layout if you used the other installer?

--------------------------------------

oh, and on another note, how are you supposed to get cheatdevice for VCS installed if everything in pspbtcnf_game.txt is in japeneese?

CHAARL
December 10th, 2006, 22:46
I' doing it right now... I'm shaking... oh no...big white text list.....very long....I can read 0 errors! Restarting !
Launching Devhook .51...Starting Devhook with firmware 3.02...restarting.....AHA ! I'm in 3.02 !

By the way: I've noticed that Flash Player or WMA Playback haven't been enabled, is it safe to do so ?

THANKS A LOT !

Edit: Internet Browser NOT working ?
Edit: Yes it is :D

darthhaze420
December 10th, 2006, 22:58
i have dev hook 0.51 installed with fw 3.01 flashed on my memory stick can i use this program with my memory as is and my psp as is

Veskgar
December 10th, 2006, 23:56
hey, how do you change the X/O button layout if you used the other installer?

Wait a second! So this installer changes the X/O to:

X = select
O = cancel

??????

If so, how could we change the buttons around in 3.01 if we used TommyDanger's last version of the installer.

tuta
December 11th, 2006, 00:35
How do I set up the japanese key sets?
X-cancel
O-Select

teh_ultimate1138
December 11th, 2006, 02:14
ok i really need help... i downloaded the 3.02 eboot from the USA SONY site, put it in my ms root, put devhook .51 in the GAME folder and put this new devhook firmware installer in the GAME folder. I ran the firmware installer with the 3.02 update. this is what is says...

Extracting PSAR....!
Done!
Failed to create report file
Stick may be full or can't create OUT folder

i know some people have had problems with this. my ms isn't full, so do i manually make an OUT folder? or do i make a folder called 302 under dh? i'm not really a n00b, all my other homebrew works fine on my 1.50. I just don't know what to do! someone please help...

teh_ultimate1138
December 11th, 2006, 02:21
ok never mind guys i created the folders that i mentioned and it worked... sorry to post so quickly before trying...thanks anyway!!!

Basil Zero
December 11th, 2006, 02:26
cool, i hope it works for me, last couple of attempts were failures.....-_-

3dron
December 11th, 2006, 08:15
I did everything through 3.02 extract, successfully. Now when I start devhook and choose 3.02 I keep getting PSP firmware multi-language screen telling me:
"-Setting information is corrupt. Press the O button to repair and restore default setting." But when I do so it just keeps coming up.

Help

kieso
December 11th, 2006, 10:51
Any chance that this devhook will work with fw 2.8 yet?

MikeDX
December 11th, 2006, 11:22
This is a great little util. I recompiled it as a standard eboot (not kxploited) and also fixed a couple of compile warnings, put the 3.02 eboot in the root, ran it, and then rebooted. Then ran devhook and bingo.

Now I'm playing loco roco christmas jap demo! Hurrah!

loglos
December 11th, 2006, 13:45
Can you play games via USB using this version? I would very much like to keep this feature before I update from 0.46 with mod 2.71-3.01.

dlharp2
December 11th, 2006, 15:05
Probably a stupid question...

I have an old version of devhook installed...I think it's .41 or .44...

Anyway, I think it wrote to the flash0. Is this true? I didn't do anything to the boot or font or anything real technical. I just wanted to play Monster hunter and run homebrew so I kept pretty safe. I was wondering if I needed to take any precaution in installing the newer verions of devhook. Could anyone help me out on this?

I plan on using the noob installer method for the Devhook...I don't even know how I managed to install Devhook by this point. HAHA

Please help. Thank you.

Stump
December 11th, 2006, 15:23
thanks buddy! ;):thumbup:

dejkirkby
December 11th, 2006, 15:39
Probably a stupid question...

I have an old version of devhook installed...I think it's .41 or .44...

Anyway, I think it wrote to the flash0. Is this true? I didn't do anything to the boot or font or anything real technical. I just wanted to play Monster hunter and run homebrew so I kept pretty safe. I was wondering if I needed to take any precaution in installing the newer verions of devhook. Could anyone help me out on this?

I plan on using the noob installer method for the Devhook...I don't even know how I managed to install Devhook by this point. HAHA

Please help. Thank you.

Up until the last couple of releases DevHook didn't write to the flash at all. It was purely MS based. The version on this thread also doesn't write to the flash apparently so just delete the DevHook files from your MS and install this. Or if you have a large MS you can run them at the same time.

dlharp2
December 11th, 2006, 15:57
Thanks Dejkirkby!

I'll just remove the files and then put the files back on...

However, what if I want to use the S.E. Firmwares or golden firmwares. Would the flashed rom do any harm to the process?

By the way, do you use PSPRhythm?

Thanks again.

NovaKane
December 11th, 2006, 22:08
I have 1.50. Can I run DevHook .46 and the latest version on the same MS?

Or is the lastest version stable to where I can delete .46 now?

Thanks.

NyghtcrawleR
December 12th, 2006, 00:16
You can run both....

I havent tried the last update, but when I tried 3.02 on devhook it crashed with some games and you had to keep resetting the bg and settings, so I dont know about the stability yet.

gunntims0103
December 12th, 2006, 01:37
iv been so upset with dev hook because i could never get it to work namly all i really want is the internet but im running off of a 1.5 when using dev hook i can emulate a higher firmware and all its features?

im quite confused with dev hook

with this installer do i need anything extra or is this all i need because another installer i tried didnt work and i thought i was doing somthing wrong.

can anyone input of this...

gotmilk0112
December 13th, 2006, 01:40
no thank you im happy with my 2.71 devhook :D

3dron
December 13th, 2006, 07:23
I did everything through 3.02 extract, successfully. Now when I start devhook and choose 3.02 I keep getting PSP firmware multi-language screen telling me:
"-Setting information is corrupt. Press the O button to repair and restore default setting." But when I do so it just keeps coming up.

Help

I now cleanly re-installed 1.5 (upgrade to 2.00, then back to 1.5) then installed DevHook. Then extracted 2.01, 2.71, 3.01, 3.02. All fail out to the 'corrupt settings' Sony screen when trying to launch. Any suggestions???

I really want this up and running.

Ron R Jr.

b8a
December 13th, 2006, 09:12
Another bang up job Tommy, thanks!

All of my issues with the last setup I was using (DH .51+FW 3.01 installed w/this tool) are now (DH .5101+FW 3.02) gone! Flash is enabled, the buttons are mapped as I would expect them to be, and Ys is working once again!! All is well with the world.

astrogrrl
December 14th, 2006, 16:16
Great work TommyDanger. I used your 301 installer and it is great.

But i would really like to know if there is a way to switch it to the Jap key style eg O=select (he he.. you can't win can you - when it was the other way ppl complained too)

Also, is it ok to use an old Flash1 file that i have from a 2.O dump as i would like it to have my proper username ect. otherwise what is the best way to get a god Flash1 dump.

By the way, there are a lot of people at other sites repacking your installer into other auto extracting kits and then taking credit for it.

SiK-BunnY
December 17th, 2006, 04:26
some one plz tell me how to do this step by step

Thanx

SiK-BunnY
December 17th, 2006, 04:33
yes i do have 2.80

3dron
December 19th, 2006, 17:49
How do I get rid of Sony start-up error screen? Everytime I hit 'O' it just restarts to same blue SOny screen.

straken
December 20th, 2006, 08:07
Hello Everyone,

If i buy a 2.8fw psp can i use devhook to emulate 1.5

dejkirkby
December 20th, 2006, 09:44
Hello Everyone,

If i buy a 2.8fw psp can i use devhook to emulate 1.5

Dude DO NOT buy a 2.8 or above PSP. 2.8 only has user mode currently and runs very limited homebrew. 2.8+ has no Homebrew at all. Try to get a 2.71 or less, non TA-082 motherboard and downgrade that sucka to 1.5 or 2.71SE. That way you can enjoy all the homebrew available and still have the features of a 3.02 PSP with DevHook.

coolsoul
December 21st, 2006, 10:39
thnaks bro

Keile
December 21st, 2006, 19:05
Now my friend just got me a used PsP for X-mas and gave it to me yesterday, and the FW on it is 3.03, now i assume that this utility is like the firmware used to flash my DS where it overwrote its FW and put its own in, thus allowing homebrew to run. My question is, as with the DS, is there a chance that this can brick the system is not done properly?

dejkirkby
December 21st, 2006, 19:51
Now my friend just got me a used PsP for X-mas and gave it to me yesterday, and the FW on it is 3.03, now i assume that this utility is like the firmware used to flash my DS where it overwrote its FW and put its own in, thus allowing homebrew to run. My question is, as with the DS, is there a chance that this can brick the system is not done properly?
I don't think that it is. Take the battery out, replace it and then take out the ms. They switch it on and go to the system settings. If it is still 3.03, then you are screwed homebrew speaking.

SteveV2
December 21st, 2006, 21:26
The "SRC" folder is the folder that contains the files necessary to compile the PSP PSAR program application in windows.
It is not needed.

Its installed wrong, the download you have is corrupted or you are running it on a firmware other than 1.5

Use the most recent version of devhook.
The newest DevHook release is 0.510100
(Download Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45371))

Put the "Eboot.PBP" in the root of the memstick.
The Eboot.PBP file is the firmware you want to decrypt.
Sometimes the PSAR dumper uses a file from the firmware update name "data.psar" instead of "eboot.pbp"

The PSAR dumper you use must be the correct one for the firmware file you are attempting to decrypt.
The one released in this thread will decrypt 2.80 thru 3.02.

Google can help you find the firmware versions and other PSAR dumpers you might want.

Firmwares above 2.8 *should* be decrypted on the PSP they will be emulated on.
Here is a good thread on 2.82 that helped me:
Devhook .50 w/2.82FW Complete ZIP (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44566)

Nicely put, sorted me out anyways :)

Keile
December 22nd, 2006, 03:26
I don't think that it is. Take the battery out, replace it and then take out the ms. They switch it on and go to the system settings. If it is still 3.03, then you are screwed homebrew speaking.

Ok I did that and it didn't work. My only hope is if people make 3.03 compatable software, it'S only a matter of time.....

ninjanaroto
July 20th, 2007, 22:34
how do you iinstall this installer? theres teo eboots,....... wtf?zx