PDA

View Full Version : kareokee (if thats how u spell it)

turtleguy101
December 10th, 2006, 23:48
I think someone should make like a kareokee emulator of sorts... I dont know about you but i like singing along to my music. Someone should make an emulator that reads kareokee songs. like plays the tune and puts the words on the bottome with a neat backround or somethin lol. You dont nessesarly need microphone support or anything, it would just be cool... I guess you could use ir shell or somethin to play music while looking at a text doccument with the lyrics, but that takes a lot of work to set up, and its way over my head.

mikebeaver
December 11th, 2006, 00:07
dont the karaoke macjines use the old VCD format to produce the screen images along with the sound? I believe you could play them on the mega cd back in it's time.

turtleguy101
December 11th, 2006, 00:10
u can go to best buy and buy kareokee cd's... they look like ordinary cd's... i think ther is a diffrence but i think there are tools out there so that you can rip them to your hard drive... i have a kareokee machine, but i just think it would be cool...

mikebeaver
December 11th, 2006, 10:41
you can use alcohol 120 for ripping them and there are plugins for win amp that allow you to run them on a computer so it should be fairly straight forward, its just the size i would be concerned about, see the sound is recorded on the discs as normal music is so its gonna be fairly large fi;es, not like mp3's where you can fit lots on a MS.

turtleguy101
December 11th, 2006, 22:50
ummm ok what about just putting one cd onto the ms? Or maby you could convert kareokee songs into like avi format or something and then into mp4? that way you could play them in any firmware? does such a converter exist lol?

Stump
December 18th, 2006, 21:25
yo, it would be cool with a karaoke player on PSP :)

GuitarGod1134
January 4th, 2007, 00:09
Since there is not solid format that all kareoke players use like song.ks or something they all have thier own formats you would be better off creating a music video and putting the lyrics at the bottom with simple movie editing software.