PDA

View Full Version : Sauerbraten / Cube 2

sonic3d
December 10th, 2006, 23:57
Sauerbraten / Cube 2 should be ported to the psp! its a quake 2 engine with full source!

http://sauerbraten.org/

:thumbup:

well just sugesting... and it seams like it could be done...
i like it because its so easy to make levels!!!

Axelius
December 11th, 2006, 12:17
I don't know what to think of this engine: In some pictures it looks like a brand new game (I like the water) and in other pictures it looks really old...
But actually I think it is not likely to be ported to psp...

Cap'n 1time
December 11th, 2006, 17:20
THIS IS NOT THE QUAKE 2 ENGINE! the only thing related to quake 2 about it is the models.

if you search the forums you can see where i suggested it before. I think it was PSmonkey that said it simply couldnt be done.

HardHat
December 12th, 2006, 15:20
I don't see why not. It is all written in OpenGL with SDL. Should be quite possible. I have four or five things that I'd like to port that are like that. But so far I haven't got any in a releasable state.

I recommend Cube 1 as a first thing to port. I've played it with my co-workers (during social time), and it's pretty good. And there are well over 50 Cube 1 levels to play.

Source for cube 1 is at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=91993

ActionCube (which is a mod of Cube 1 includes capture the flag even).

Cap'n 1time
December 12th, 2006, 19:21
I don't see why not. It is all written in OpenGL with SDL. Should be quite possible. I have four or five things that I'd like to port that are like that. But so far I haven't got any in a releasable state.

I think the reason behind it was something unique about the engine and the way it handles polygons... or something. I could be making this up but i think it was mentioned that the PSP lacked the ram to handle the cube engine.

No doubt i would love to see this. (i love playing with the editor :))

sonic3d
December 12th, 2006, 21:39
cube 1 sounds just as good i mean anything like this sounds good lol

1 question even tho it may not be quake or w/e we have a quake 1 and 2 type demo dont we? so i think that maybe it would have to be redone a little or somthing to work.... im a noob to all the specs of a psp and stuff and i can bearly come up with a decent program in visual basic... but maybe later after high school ill go to tech school and learn c++ i cant wait!!! but for now i was only sugesting this it doent not have to be in anyway made. but it was a good idea maybe

Be3f
December 13th, 2006, 14:05
Cube 1 is ported on OpenGL-ES Pocket PCs - it runs and looks awesome on my Dell x50v PPC (With OGL-ES accelerator - Intel 2700G). There are also amazing Quake 3, Quake 1 and new GL-DOOM GL-ES ports for these devices! :cool:
It may be ported on PSP, but the low RAM (24Mb kernel) might be too low to run the game :( but I'm not sure, maybe it will be enough :rolleyes:

fabianvaz
December 13th, 2006, 23:33
just asking can the ram of the psp expand well can we expand it to more????

sonic3d
December 13th, 2006, 23:57
maybe if we take it apart and desoder like a million pins then resoder a new ram chip if you find the right type thats bigger! and soder that on the psp and put it back together lol so technicly maybe but no not for regular users...