PDA

View Full Version : "Portable" wireless storage for PSP

wraggster
December 11th, 2006, 02:45
Curious News from Chunglam (http://chunglam188.blogspot.com/2006/12/portable-wireless-storage-for-psp.html):

I successfully ported the nethostfs daemon to my Asus wl-500gx WIFI router with 40G USB hard disk. Attached please find the source code with pre-compiled binary for Asus wl-500g/gx/gp WIFI router. You need custom firmware running on those routers(http://oleg.wl500g.info). They aren't quite portable because you still need AC power for those routers. The ideal portable device with WIFI is the new Microsoft Zune music player. But first we need to hack its firmware security and run Linux on it.

Download Via Comments

Avenyet
December 11th, 2006, 07:07
intresting prospect but i suppose with the current state of wireless technology and the upload speed of the average internet connection the prospect of this idea will only be for using homebrew apps anything like movies would take forever to stream or download to the psp...

ace idea though and i suppose it would work just as good with an IP external harddrive or file server.

i might even look into using this myself thx :)

LAMPRO
December 11th, 2006, 08:23
here we go.. another comment on portable HD space for storing your stuff that doesnt make it onto the ms.

A while back we had a topic here about that..

this is gonna be a nice addition to the scene- if you dont have a 4giggy.

I have had my 4gb for a couple months now and the breathing room from 2 to 4 is like asthma and marathon runner. i absolutely have everything i love on the 4gb with under 100mb free to laugh. its just the end-all to the whole thing. i dont think about or need the portable storage at all at this point. but when i had my 1g and 2g mspd cards i was really interested.

see what i mean? just bag a 4gb card and chill.

hack the zune tho, id love to see that scene evolve too, its a new device and has alot of potential..

nice werk chunglam. 1.

DKing
December 11th, 2006, 10:47
Nifty idea but omg not the Zune. People need to not buy that device so it dies quick and painlessly.

jimjamjahaa
December 11th, 2006, 11:56
Nifty idea but omg not the Zune. People need to not buy that device so it dies quick and painlessly.
*painfully

LAMPRO
December 11th, 2006, 16:18
maybe there is some alternate reason why the zune is out.. we will soon know...

zoolu
December 11th, 2006, 23:44
looks like a great idea. i have that router and was wondering how you did it? tried the link but seams to be dead. would like to know how its done so i can try it thanks