PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an update?

scrabbus
March 24th, 2005, 12:10
just wondering will there be an update?

wraggster
March 26th, 2005, 17:43
you never know ;)

scrabbus
April 1st, 2005, 19:54
If the early versions are anything to go by, the updates will be splendiferous in the extreme, keep up the groovy work

DARKGATE
May 14th, 2005, 15:27
NEWS on this emu? : |
Chui & Run the AMIGA is my second computer, how proced the work?

A video, a screenshot :\ .

hbk2005v1
May 19th, 2005, 22:54
its taking forever i hate waiting

obelisk
May 19th, 2005, 23:07
... yeah, me too, but it takes these people lots of time and effort to do these emus, I'm not trying to step on feet or whatever, I'd really like to play the new one too, but these people, like everyone, have lives, friends, partners, families, careers and hobbies outside of / along with the Dreamcast. But, do keep your hopes up, and if you're lookig for some fun, in somewhat the same vein, i Highly recommend the Atari ST emu, DCastAway, which can be found here, also done by Chui and Ron. m The newest release they did totally rocks and its hella close to full, heck i really had a hard time telling. peace.

fox68k
May 30th, 2005, 14:46
I know there are a lot of people interested in this emu, so i will speak a little about it :)

The 68K core has been changed to FAME, and since UAE4ALL's 68k core is integrated into it, we had a LOT of work there: memory mapping, interrupts, endianness and others. But probably the work worths: there is a dramatically high difference in terms of speed. Anyway, we still have work to do, mostly due to the "required" core changing. This operation requires a lot of work, so i hope you understand.

I am really busy now, but i think Chui will get his hands dirty in this project soon...

Cheers.

obelisk
May 30th, 2005, 22:37
thanks for the data, fox68k, i don't know if this is too "off-topic", of a question, but: Will the new core benefit other emus/ stuff?

fox68k
May 31st, 2005, 15:44
Surely. In my personal tests, FAME was clearly the fastest. So there is no doubt for me.

Anyway, i think we need a faster Z80 core to complement and boost some 68k based projects, like Neo4all or Genesis Plus. I was working in a Z80, but i had to stop it for a while :( and i do not know when i will continue it.

obelisk
June 27th, 2005, 15:05
bump for DC.

DARKGATE
June 29th, 2005, 15:34
But this project is dead?
NO NEWS, NO SCREENSHOT, nears at one years from last version, =|
= |

AMIGA GO, GO, GO.

obelisk
June 29th, 2005, 20:21
Bump for dc. I know this project isn't dead, they Ron and Chui and the DC Madrid Team are working on it, i can sense it in my bones, DarkGate, please give them some time, i know it's tough but the best things come to those who wait, and i heard from someone that "the best is yet to come for Dreamcast". so, stay tuned, but relax, and if the drowning PSP posts are ticking you off, try dcemulation!

chui
July 3rd, 2005, 00:51
To adapt FAME to UAE4ALL is hard task, but it's very close to finish.
Beta1 release coming son!
Be patient.

wraggster
July 3rd, 2005, 01:42
Thanks for the news Chui :)

turnerl
July 3rd, 2005, 07:31
thanks chui you just made my day thankyou thankyou thankyou !!!

DARKGATE
July 3rd, 2005, 13:21
=D I' m patient, i have made a question, and have got a answer ^_^ thank you chui, and all the others.

OBELISK write "the best is yet to come for Dreamcast".
GREAT BEAUTIFULL SPEAK friend, =).

obelisk
July 3rd, 2005, 14:26
it shall occur, the gods have spoken. all shall occur, and we will all play with the toys of the gods.

ron
July 3rd, 2005, 19:04
Chui !!!! UP UP UP UP , you're back!!! :D

obelisk
July 3rd, 2005, 21:03
bumpity bump bump for ya.