PDA

View Full Version : EZ-FLASH V Anounnced

wraggster
December 11th, 2006, 22:11
EZ Flash (http://www.ezflash.cn/en/article.asp?id=42) have announced their Slot 1 flascart solution for the Nintendo DS, heres the features:

Players have been using GBA cards to play NDS games for a long time. From
CF card to microSD card, it seems there are plenty of choices
available. But virtually they are all based on an immature technology and they are only a compromise solution. Not only the flashing your DS to gain booting support, but also frenquent
software upgrades are needed to mend the ROM for supporting new
games. Those are nightmare to players who just want to fucus on games and
all of these inconvenience are caused by the imperfect technology.

The nightmare is becoming history now. "Flashme, Passme,
Convert" will fade away from player's life. Because a real mature
SLOT-1 solution is provide by EZTEAM. EZ-FLASH V, a product using the mature SLOT-1
technology, no need "Flashme, Passme,Convert" anymore.
You can focus on playing game without worrying anything. More than that,
EZ-FLASH V's multimedia function provides more choices for players.

EZ-FLASH V is the output of EZTEAM's expenrience from GBA era. EZTEAM never give
up to technology difficulties in the 4 years. Highly secured quality
assurance, active improvements on defects, respect to the user's
opinions-all these efforts aim one goal: to satisfied the players. Only by
doing this can the EZ brand survive.

EZ-FLASH V features
1:1 original card size,side loading.

Using MicroSD(Trans Flash) as external storage. cheap and variety usage.

Direct boot, no need another boot card or flash your DS. EZ5 also can be used as bootcard.

Moonshell integrated bootloader, direct watch DPG movie, listen MP3, read TXT book in loader.

Bootloader can be full customized. included skin and function. bootloader sourcecode almost full opened.

Dual read mode: CLEAN and HYBRID. CLEAN means just drag the rom to card and play. HYBRID means EZ5 supporting the modified rom for further function, include softreset and cheat. it also provides improved compatiblity, such as boost the readspeed. no lag can be feeled even you have a low speed microsd card.

Perfect FAT system support, automatic generate saver file. multi saver function available.

Using hardware flashchip saver. never lose your save.

Loader upgradable

Homebrew support, IO lib will release on launch.

Screens Via Comments

Eyedunno
December 12th, 2006, 02:13
yes!

rememberthe8bit
December 12th, 2006, 02:34
It seems that EZ flash is doing something right this time. But now, there's no GBA homebrew support. In my humble opinion, my reason for getting a homebrew solution for the DS/GBA is to play homebrew from both systems. I can't help but feel that this was targeted towards people looking to bootleg DS games. OK, "feel" is really a bad word, I think "know" is a batter one. ;) +5 professionality for the packaging though. The cart label could use some work but, it's a prototype (right?) anyways.

Eyedunno
December 12th, 2006, 07:53
Um, no. If you want GBA homebrew, get a GBA flashcart. I have three. The advantages of something like this are:
- no need to either screw with two carts or flash your DS(es, in the case of people who own more than one or have spouses/family members with DSes)
- More portability (both in terms of fitting it in cases and using it on a friend's DS)
- Absolute compatibility with Lite and Phat - Will fit in the Phat, won't stick out of the Lite

If this works well with homebrew and is reasonably-priced, it will blow the homebrew scene (fairly healthy as is) wide open.