PDA

View Full Version : Metareview: Star Wars Lethal Alliance

wraggster
December 11th, 2006, 22:33
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/12/10/metareview-star-wars-lethal-alliance/)

There's something lethal about this game. How bad it is. When a publisher decides not to hype a game, and let it silently release to the masses, you know something's going on. Let's see what went wrong, according to the critics:

Gamespot (71/100) enjoyed the game quite a bit, noting good ideas marred by poor controls - "The analog stick isn't conducive to subtle movement, so most of your "mission failed" screens are the result of control struggles. The shooting portions are standard fare"

Games Radar (50/100) thought the game was a bore - "Star Wars: Lethal Alliance is the very definition of mediocre. The storyline isn't integral enough to the gameplay experience to really snag fans, and the gameplay won't do much for anyone else. It's cool to finally play a Twi'lek, but if Lethal Alliance is any indication, they should really stick to dancing."

GameDaily (50/100) notes the game's poor controls as well - "Unfortunately, the poor mission design keeps this game from being a must buy. Ubisoft relied on old game ideas, such as not being able to leave a room until all enemies have been killed, or back tracking through the same bland looking environment instead of throwing the player something new. On top of that, Rianna's targeting system sucks."

Star Wars games have been notorious for being either amazing or merely mediocre. It's unfortunate to see that we got the latter.

Deshevy
December 11th, 2006, 22:41
I bought this game and it was by far the best game I have played for the psp Buy IT!!!!!!!!! only IGN knows how to rate games I dont even look at these sites

green-machine
December 11th, 2006, 22:58
The controls are awkward and camera angles poor. It doesn't matter that you can rotate the camera angle with the shoulder buttons - in the heat of the action you go with the flow and it ends up being very frustrating when you are looking at the inside if walls! My first impression was 'rubbish'.

I did persist, however, and concluded that there is fun to be had. You have to take it for what it is... an old fashioned arcade shoot 'em up. nothing new here but can be quick fire blast!

captures the star wars universe but disappointing overall.

joshisposer
December 11th, 2006, 23:22
I really enjoyed this game and i think it deserves better than 71/100. I mean, many problems with 3rd person is the camera but i actually think this one is fine. I find this a great star wars game.

the_eternal_dark
December 11th, 2006, 23:48
This kids, would be a lesson to never judge something that is judged by someone else. For some it may suck, for others its the greatest thing that they may have seen.

BE A CRITIC FOR YOURSELF!

joshisposer
December 12th, 2006, 00:07
That's why i use gamefaqs also. that has more than just paid off corporations. GameFaqs has real people and normally around five to judge off of. I really recomend using gamefaqs if you want a review of a game *more* than like a couple weeks old. people dont normally review it until they are close or are actually done with the game.

TacticalBread
December 12th, 2006, 00:16
It was fun in the beginning, but overall like basically every PSP game I've played, it has a replay value of negative 4.

the_eternal_dark
December 12th, 2006, 00:17
That's why i use gamefaqs also. that has more than just paid off corporations. GameFaqs has real people and normally around five to judge off of. I really recomend using gamefaqs if you want a review of a game *more* than like a couple weeks old. people dont normally review it until they are close or are actually done with the game.

So true... gamefaqs is pretty good for walkthroughs and info, but outside of that, their message boards are terrible.

Lodis
December 12th, 2006, 00:38
I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, not even my worse enemy and even if someone was giving it away for free. Star Wars Lethal Boredom.

kiariki
December 12th, 2006, 01:16
I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, not even my worse enemy and even if someone was giving it away for free. Star Wars Lethal Boredom.

If you're giving it away... Ship it to me! :D I've yet to play it and I've been aching to play a Star Wars game!

Broadus
December 12th, 2006, 02:16
That game was quite interesting, but it reminded me of Star Wars Bounty Hunter. Really linear, not much plot, hardly any replayability. Still good the first time, though.
Rogue Squadron, Battlefront and Republic Commando have to be the best games of Star Wars I've ever seen.

Baboon
December 12th, 2006, 11:04
Over the years there have been some truly awful Star Wars games released, and after reading that review this looks like another one. This game looked quite nice, but I guess nice visuals dont make up for a lack of 'playability'.

I'll stick with Star Wars lego, at least this is quite an amusing game thats also faithful to the movies.

Gray Fox
December 12th, 2006, 14:54
I think this sucked as well... The camera angle was'nt bad but the auto targeting system was lame... And even worse was the fact that you acctually had to play as this stupid Ryena thing or whatever her name is, looks really stupid as well. They shouldve made it more battlefront style and online as well, the way it is now nearly everything sux...

mcvader
December 12th, 2006, 16:05
I'm getting this game anyway, I enjoyed bounty hunter so if it's anything like that then sweet. The best starwars game without a doubt is X-wing or one of the sequels, they should remake it for PSP with online multiplayer, I cannot begin to stress how awesome that would be!!!