PDA

View Full Version : DJ Shadow

Darksaviour69
December 12th, 2006, 12:02
anyone here a DJ Shadow fan, what's his best album?
i'm listening to " the private press", I like it. Got interest in him when i heard "rabbit in your head lights " and his cover of "climbing up the walls"

steve-b
December 12th, 2006, 12:39
I really like entroducing. I think that's how it's spelt. anyway it was his first one

mikebeaver
December 12th, 2006, 17:50
Yeah ill agree with that, its soooo different to anything that was around at the time, and has some realy haunting sounds on it, i think he is playing at Norwich U.E.A(near me on the 18th of December)

beetroot bertie
December 13th, 2006, 13:02
Yep, Entroducing is a top album. Really good. It still stands up well today considering it's age. I've not heard his most recent 'The Outsider' but I heard some tracks from it earlier in the month when he played in Sheffield. They were less sample oriented but to be honest I liked them the least. To be fair, I need to get the album and give it a listen as judging after 1 listen in a live environment isn't a particularly objective way to assess them.

You may also be interested in 'Psyence Fiction' by Unkle as he was heavily involved in this album and it has his stamp on it.

His 'Pre-Emptive Strike' album is also good and features re-workings of quite a few tracks from 'Endtroducing' along with some other ones. The 'organ donor' remix is particularly popular and went down well live.

He's also done quite a few mix CDs but I've not heard enough to comment.

dejkirkby
December 13th, 2006, 13:07
anyone here a DJ Shadow fan, what's his best album?
i'm listening to " the private press", I like it. Got interest in him when i heard "rabbit in your head lights " and his cover of "climbing up the walls"

Dude you gottta get hold of the Unkle album, Psyience Fiction. DJ Shadow's best work, IMO. Be There is an amazing track. BTW, Did you get Rockstar's Table Tennis?

Check out djshadow.com for all info on him.

Darksaviour69
December 13th, 2006, 13:32
yeah the rabbit in your head lights is an Unkle thing, must check it (Entroducing and Psyience Fiction) out, thanks for the info guys

I think i know someone with Table Tennis... but dead rising in high on my list..

beetroot bertie
December 13th, 2006, 13:59
Table Tennis was only £15 on Play last time I looked

Darksaviour69
December 13th, 2006, 14:16
Table Tennis was only £15 on Play last time I looked

oh! you temp me sir

beetroot bertie
December 13th, 2006, 15:48
I'm tempted myself, but I'm struggling to play the few games I have, let alone buy more.

Darksaviour69
December 14th, 2006, 16:56
i had a quick listen to Entroducing, its great, there were a few tracks I had heard before and always wanted to get, but did not know that dj shadow was behind them.

steve-b
December 14th, 2006, 17:04
when you consider when this album was made, it really was way ahead of its time. I love the crazy beats and how difficult it can be to label the styles.