PDA

View Full Version : Japan Sales: Nov 27- Dec 03, 2006

Darksaviour69
December 12th, 2006, 16:41
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/newspostimages/japansales5.jpg

The DS is finally dethroned, by big brother the Wii. Currently Nintendo are completely dominating Japan selling over 1/2 million different consoles this week, while the rest can't reach the 100,000 combined!

Speaking of the rest, they all dropped in sales this week, but still keeping in the same order (rank) with each other. Its still too early to comment about the PS3 sales as we know they have shortages.

After last weeks jump the PSP slips back again, not looking good for the hand-held.

As always, the Xbox 360 trails the next gen consoles by a huge margin, but next weeks sales figures will reflect the "Blue Dragon" effect... could it do a 360 with MS fortunes in Japan?

Source (http://m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html)

wraggster
December 12th, 2006, 16:45
are nintendo back to dominate the console scene

intersesting months ahead

JKKDARK
December 12th, 2006, 16:47
Wow the Wii really sold a lot! The first time that the DS Lite is not number one Oo
Oh and the Xbox sold 11 consoles :)

Makaveli777
December 12th, 2006, 17:26
Man I thought we would see the "blue dragon effect" this week....

Veskgar
December 12th, 2006, 17:29
Amazing! I don't care what anyone says, I think Nintendo is back on top and will be for at least another decade at this rate.

Although I don't want SONY or Microsoft to fade away and give up their platforms. Competition is good for consumers.

Darksaviour69
December 12th, 2006, 18:06
Man I thought we would see the "blue dragon effect" this week....

it was released on the 7th, those sales are up the 3rd.

i was a bit late this week with this news (should have posted on Friday)

Makaveli777
December 12th, 2006, 18:51
it was released on the 7th, those sales are up the 3rd.

i was a bit late this week with this news (should have posted on Friday)

Ok cool. I just now got excited about that game. I can of ignored it because it was on 360 so I was like it cant be a good RPG. Now that I read though its gonna be great I can tell.

JD/
December 12th, 2006, 19:17
Wow wii sold alot for one or two days sales since it came out on the 2nd in japapn I think it's gonna sell more this week.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 12th, 2006, 21:59
wow, Nintendo looks like they are pwning again. I live in Newcastle and the Wii was out on the 8th but i couldn't go and get it until the 11th and there was none left...........i was sad..........:(