PDA

View Full Version : PS3 a Better DVD Player Than Xbox 360?

wraggster
December 12th, 2006, 18:24
The folks at Ars Technica have made an interesting discovery. Apparently, Sony's PS3 does a better job of playing scratched up DVDs than the Xbox 360, which spits them out the minute it notices any imperfections. I rarely use my console as my DVD player, but I have experienced the "OMG the disc won't play" notification on my Xbox that the Ars guys are talking about. Any of you lucky PS3 owners have problems with the PS3's movie-playing capabilities?

Via gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/ps3-a-better-dvd-player-than-xbox-360-221166.php)

jonezybaby
December 12th, 2006, 19:11
ill let ya no wen i buy 1 lol. but even the PS2 did a better job then the Xbox. weird huh?

joderb
December 12th, 2006, 22:43
I haven't tried any seriously scratched DVDs yet, but I have tried my old copy of Tomb Raider 2 for PSOne. It's so scratched that it won't make it past the opening movie on PS1, PSOne, PS2, and PSTwo. Yet, when I stuck it in my PS3, the game played perfectly. Guess I'll have to try an old DVD next and let you know.

jerrt
December 13th, 2006, 04:09
the ps3 dvd player is very nice. this is good news indeed. [:

SnesR0X
December 14th, 2006, 01:02
well, i know using ps2 as a dvd player is usless. I tried to played a scratched Jackass disc on it, couldn't get past 5 min. On my panisonic dvd player it was fine