PDA

View Full Version : CPS2PSP 1.60 - CPS2 Emulator for the PSP

wraggster
December 12th, 2006, 20:08
Nj (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/) has released a new version of his CPS2 emulator for the PSP, heres the translated whats new:

* It was the schedule which renewal of binary does not do for a while, but because romcnv_cps2.exe is renewed,
 It compiles in order to avoid confusion.

Non compressed cash data arrangement inside the file was optimized.
 Because ver.8 there is no compatibility, when the non compressed cash file is used,
 Please do again to draw up once more. Concerning the type of the non compressed cash file,
 Perhaps there is no modification above this.

* In regard to CPS1PSP and MVSPSP, with modification of specification inside as for renewal of the source as for doing
 It is, but because in the future it does not renew binary, please compile with each one.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

grit
December 12th, 2006, 20:16
Nj (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/) has released a new version of his CPS2 emulator for the PSP, heres the translated whats new:

* It was the schedule which renewal of binary does not do for a while, but because romcnv_cps2.exe is renewed,
?It compiles in order to avoid confusion.

Non compressed cash data arrangement inside the file was optimized.
?Because ver.8 there is no compatibility, when the non compressed cash file is used,
?Please do again to draw up once more. Concerning the type of the non compressed cash file,
?Perhaps there is no modification above this.

* In regard to CPS1PSP and MVSPSP, with modification of specification inside as for renewal of the source as for doing
?It is, but because in the future it does not renew binary, please compile with each one.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
NJ doesn't leave nothing unfinished! :) Thanks again!!

MikeDX, would you please compile MVS and CPS1 for us?

TIA!

Mr. Shizzy
December 12th, 2006, 20:22
NJ is an absolute perfectionist. NJ thanks for all the hard work you've done for the scene. :D

Mikedx- could you plz PM me your paypal information?

fucht017
December 12th, 2006, 20:34
I had already set my mind on the next generation of PSP,thinking maybe The Neo Geo and CPS2 would run smooth then....I'm glad i was wrong beceause NJ did it already..You're one of the coder of coders....How about Yu Suzuki's original Outrun and Space Harier NJ....hihi Just kidding...Or am I?:thumbup:

ACID
December 12th, 2006, 21:01
Thanks NJ hope you save some energy for RAINE

siulmagic
December 12th, 2006, 21:02
great reelease

Veskgar
December 12th, 2006, 21:22
Wow, the hits from the brilliance that is NJ just keep on coming. A true role model of perfectionism.

As always thank you NJ!

I know most coders probably get annoyed with the "whats next and when" questions, but I can't help but wonder what else, if anything NJ has planned for the PSP.

Whether or not its perfecting his current emulators or coding new ones, I hope NJ stays a part of the scene for many months/years to come.

kiariki
December 12th, 2006, 21:28
Yet another version. O.O This guy... really works on his stuff. O.O *applauds*

Does this version contain more compatibility?

EvilDooinz
December 12th, 2006, 21:36
mshvsf working yet?

tunglashor
December 12th, 2006, 22:06
marvel vs sf has worked perfectly for the last few versions

tuta
December 12th, 2006, 23:31
Wow new release already I felt that 1.51 is full speed so whats new with this

mcleod
December 12th, 2006, 23:36
Do you know if we need to, convert the games again ?

mikebeaver
December 12th, 2006, 23:59
NJ we salute you, thanks man.

jvabbdac
December 13th, 2006, 00:30
Have more speed improvement ? I still in 1.30 (everybody says that 1.50 lose some speed) runing all in full speed. Hey guys what you say about this version ? Thanks !

And. Thanks for NJ ! I ever say that NJ is the best emulator coder for PSP ! His never lauch a emulator if is not playable ! His make the diference on psp scene ! Great coder ! All make in code (images, system...) I thing the days of NJ in psp scene dosent have much time ! Sony or Microsoft will contact him soon !!! lol

Long Live to NJ !!!!!!!!!

tunglashor
December 13th, 2006, 00:37
Well I'm guessing from the translation that if you're using uncompressed cache files, you'll need to recreate those cache files with the new converter to work with this version. It sounds like this update is to increase efficiency in the cache, so maybe the people who say it's slowed down since v1.3 will notice a speed increase. Personally I haven't noticed any slowdown in recent versions, everything runs at pretty much 100%.

jvabbdac
December 13th, 2006, 00:45
Well I'm guessing from the translation that if you're using uncompressed cache files, you'll need to recreate those cache files with the new converter to work with this version. It sounds like this update is to increase efficiency in the cache, so maybe the people who say it's slowed down since v1.3 will notice a speed increase. Personally I haven't noticed any slowdown in recent versions, everything runs at pretty much 100%.

Are you using this new version ? Run better from last 1.30 ? I just see in foruns that 1.50 is a litle more slower than 1.30... But i donīt kow if is true or not. Thanks ! 1.60 is the best (talking about speed) ?

Thanks a lot !

mcleod
December 13th, 2006, 01:00
Ok ive been using 1.30 , and i just did the upgrade , umm kinda feels the same to me .. but its still bad ass :0

mcleod
December 13th, 2006, 01:05
Just got done playing StfvXmen and its running full speed for me . not even alittle jump of loading or anything :>.. Stf3 also perfect ..

jvabbdac
December 13th, 2006, 01:12
Thanks ! I will try !

darthhaze420
December 13th, 2006, 01:18
Just got done playing StfvXmen and its running full speed for me . not even alittle jump of loading or anything :>.. Stf3 also perfect ..

i see some people saying they have street fighter 3 but does that not only work on cps3 i have street fighter alpha3 but not st3 if you do have sf3 can you post how :confused:

tunglashor
December 13th, 2006, 01:18
I haven't tried this one yet but for me, v1.51 (kernel version) seems to run everything at full speed, pretty much, even with sound at max quality etc. Not sure how this emulator can get much better really!

tunglashor
December 13th, 2006, 01:20
i see some people saying they have street fighter 3 but does that not only work on cps3 i have street fighter alpha3 but not st3 if you do have sf3 can you post how :confused:

Pretty sure that's a typo and he meant SFA3 ;)

mcleod
December 13th, 2006, 01:22
ohh crap sorry stf3 alpha sorry . You are correct that is a cps3 game

EvilDooinz
December 13th, 2006, 02:00
CPS-3 only had 6 games, lol 3 street fighter III games

jvabbdac
December 13th, 2006, 02:07
I haven't tried this one yet but for me, v1.51 (kernel version) seems to run everything at full speed, pretty much, even with sound at max quality etc. Not sure how this emulator can get much better really!

I know to get better ! Just a WIFi Suport !!!!
lol...just joke ! NJ already do a lot of cool stuff for us !

Man...this is the best emulator ever for psp ! And a have only 1.30 version ! (i will update later)

gunntims0103
December 13th, 2006, 02:07
another update nj is king. I think il just wait untill the final version of cps2 is out as i get wiery of all the updates im running on 1.51 now.

great release nj

shunsai
December 13th, 2006, 02:18
haven't tried out this new release yet as i'm at work, but always happy to see an update. great job NJ!

i didn't have any problems with 1.51 as far as speed was concerned. but one thing i hope this release did address were some graphics corruption that i was getting in xmen vs. street fighter and marvel vs. street fighter (during the stages where you drop down to a lower level during the fight). but i guess i won't know until i try... :D

tunglashor
December 13th, 2006, 02:53
I know to get better ! Just a WIFi Suport !!!!
lol...just joke ! NJ already do a lot of cool stuff for us !

Man...this is the best emulator ever for psp ! And a have only 1.30 version ! (i will update later)

Good point! That's where MikeDX comes in... can't wait for his wifi versions.

Understandable
December 13th, 2006, 04:37
I think the only games that run perfectly zipped is Dungeons & Dragons(both titles). Im gonna keep them that way to save space, i see no errors at all playing them zipped.

NovaKane
December 13th, 2006, 06:49
Mad props to NJ as usual. I'm going to wait until the final release to upgrade though. I'm using 1.30 for unzipped caches and 1.01 for zipped caches (the best version zipped imo). Everything is perfect right where it is. This emu pwns. ^_^

hmong
December 13th, 2006, 06:53
WOW! It' like non-stop updates from NJ (probably don't eat or sleep...lol). Thanks again and keep up the good work man.

Baboon
December 13th, 2006, 08:30
I think the only games that run perfectly zipped is Dungeons & Dragons(both titles). Im gonna keep them that way to save space, i see no errors at all playing them zipped.

Mighty Pang, Progear, Aliens vs predator and Super puzzle fighter also play perfect when zipped.

I finaly upgraded from1.30 to 1.60 last night, and after reconverting all the games everything seems to be tip top! :)

chaos engineer
December 13th, 2006, 09:37
I am still on 1.30 and I do not see any need to upgrade, the 1.30 cps2 version is already perfect, a pure diamond

Baboon
December 13th, 2006, 10:04
I am still on 1.30 and I do not see any need to upgrade, the 1.30 cps2 version is already perfect, a pure diamond

The only reason i updated from 1.30 was because there was some graphic corruption on that release (also on 1.51) for a couple of the Vs games. I check later to see if this has been fixed.

tunglashor
December 13th, 2006, 10:22
I think the only games that run perfectly zipped is Dungeons & Dragons(both titles).

Street Fighter Alpha seems to run fine zipped. Also SSF2 and capcom sports club (a classic!) The first two I can even turn on raster fx and they still run at 100%.

Veskgar
December 13th, 2006, 11:40
NJ is still plugging away. 1.61 surfaces on his site.

Plowking
December 13th, 2006, 11:45
ohh crap sorry stf3 alpha sorry . You are correct that is a cps3 game

The game -

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Fight For the Future (1999)

works on this - playing it now!

Is that the one thats meant to be CPS3?

Baboon
December 13th, 2006, 11:56
The game -

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Fight For the Future (1999)

works on this - playing it now!

Is that the one thats meant to be CPS3?

Are you sure about that? ...this is suposed to be just a CPS2 emu (unless things have changed over night)?

Plowking
December 13th, 2006, 12:02
Are you sure about that? ...this is suposed to be just a CPS2 emu (unless things have changed over night)?

Oh crap...I'm getting mixed up! I downloaded that one, but it was SF alpha 3 I was playing!

Sorry...there's too many of these SF games

Baboon
December 13th, 2006, 12:08
Oh crap...I'm getting mixed up! I downloaded that one, but it was SF alpha 3 I was playing!

Sorry...there's too many of these SF games

My heart stopped just now at the thought of CPS3 working on psp! lol

NJ is still plugging away. 1.61 surfaces on his site.

Any chance someone could post a tranalastion of the changes on to this site? ..my works pc wont get onto NJ's site. :(

Plowking
December 13th, 2006, 12:15
My heart stopped just now at the thought of CPS3 working on psp! lol

LOL...Sure maybe NJ is just tweaking his CPS3 emulator now for first release!!

Imagine it......

Anyway, regarding CPS2 1.60 - the games are all running just about perfect from what I see, and as for cache files, you only need to re-cache the games that you will need unzipped cache files for. Basically the big fighting games. The old zipped cache files form any other version of the emu work fine for me.

tunglashor
December 13th, 2006, 14:21
Release notes for 1.61:

X-MEN VS. The floor being destroyed with Street, Fighter after falling, the picture normally
 Correcting the bug which has stopped being indicated.

* Because perhaps as for big bug you think, that it is not, renewal of binary temporarily with this end?
 If it seems that it cannot correspond to the new game, possibility of end is large this way, is.

So it sounds like that graphics glitch has been fixed at last. He also seems to be suggesting this might be the last release of the binary, but who knows if that's actually what it says. Anyway, he's said that before!

Gold Line
December 13th, 2006, 15:45
dose marvel vs capcom work 100% now

Baboon
December 13th, 2006, 15:48
dose marvel vs capcom work 100% now

Yep, along with every other CPS2 game!:thumbup:

Vega
December 13th, 2006, 16:00
Well holy crap . . gotta try this out right away! :D

Apoklepz
December 13th, 2006, 16:35
NJ must be the abbreviation of NutJob....I'd be nuts if I worked as hard as this guy does! He keeps pushing those super saweet spanking updates like rabbits!

NJ IF YOU READ THIS, I AM VERY GRATEFUL YOU'VE LET ME PLAY ALL MY FAVORITES ON MY PSP!!! CAN I BUY YOU A BEER SOME TIME? YOU DESERVE IT...AND MUCH MORE...I'D BUY YOU A NEW CAR IF I HAD THE MONEY TO. CHEERS!

BTW, does the cache still need to go unzipped in order to run games full speed, or has he fixed this in order to save space again? My last version was 1.42, so I don't know if I missed a possible fix.

Plowking
December 13th, 2006, 16:51
BTW, does the cache still need to go unzipped in order to run games full speed, or has he fixed this in order to save space again? My last version was 1.42, so I don't know if I missed a possible fix.

You could try it out and see if there's a change between the zipped cache or not.

I'm going to, but I can't till much later tonight. I'm guessing it'll need to stay unzipped, as that's basically the reason for it working full speed.

Note though that this only applies to those big games around the 20 meg mark, like the fighting games. I find all other games run fine with zipped cache.

Apoklepz
December 13th, 2006, 17:05
That's exactly what I thought, too...Although I'm pretty sure NJ could cough up a future update that will process .zip file information faster...but that's just sinful whishing on my part.

ganon
December 13th, 2006, 22:03
gonna slap my icon1.pmf in it too