PDA

View Full Version : Semi-unofficial DS Doom 1.1.0 "release"

jefklak
December 13th, 2006, 09:41
First announced on gbadev.org forums (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=11927). I'll quote everything right here, for the lazy.

I grew tired of the only-one-screen-usage of DS Doom 1.0.0 and hacked along myself, adding a zoomable automap on the lower screen together with a whole lot of pretty features. I've had plenty of contact with the DS Doom developers WinterMute and TheCuckster and hoped I could apply the changes to SVN... Well until now, don't hear anything from them. I guess they don't like the changes or my code is too dirty or something, although wintermute was planning on creating an SVN account. Ah well.
You can download the 1.1.0 sourcecode and mess with it yourself, if you like to. I don't really care anymore, good luck with it. I've marked all my changes with comments "// Jefklak [date] [description]".

At least let me distribute this version so other people beyond myself can enjoy some more Doom on the Nintendo DS.

Download link, screenshots, more info, ... -
http://www.jefklak.com/Guides/Doom-DS

readme/changelog quote

1.1.0: (23 Nov. 2006)

1. Enabled automap mode on the lower DS Screen! stats are displayed on the lower screen too. Option can be set in config file.
* Automap set to autofollow
* Zoom IN/OUT: hold B and press L/R accordingly
2. Implemented Power save mode! Closing the DS will set DS Doom in
* Engine stops running and game will be 'paused'
* Screen and Sound system powered down to save battery life
* LED blinks to indicate save mode
3. Disabled LED blinking when playing.
4. On DS Lite, Change Brightness in-game! hold B and press SELECT.
5. Displays loading/saving messages (can take a while)
6. Options/General menu
* cheat code option
* console mode option
* swap DS screens option
* All options can be set manually in CFG!
7. Options menu: fixed Y/N (press select/A to emulate Y key)
8. Exit Doom code, powers off the DS device
9. NDS icon attached (G6, DSX, ... cartridges)
10. Saving: automatically label slot with profile (select a save slot with SElECT. When the name appears, press SELECT again or A to confirm - this will save the game.
11. In DOOM II, enable regular Shotgun to weapon cycle
12. Other minor fixes and tweaks

Please enjoy.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mikaa
December 13th, 2006, 20:53
Does this work with the Max Media Dock?

undead_feature
December 13th, 2006, 22:06
I tried it and it gets to the network or standard game option. As soon as I select it the screen goes blank. I'm not sure it does.

SSaxdude
December 13th, 2006, 22:17
Awesome, this is cool to have the map being shown at all times.

Amethyst
December 14th, 2006, 08:10
Would touch-screen controlled movement be possible someday (move stylus upward to move forward, pull downward to move backward, and move left and right to turn)?

jefklak
December 14th, 2006, 09:15
Does this work with the Max Media Dock?

I did not alter any libfat related source files. If the original DS Doom supports media dock, than yes it does.
Amethyst: basic stylus control is already implemented! You did not try it, did you? :)

canvasch
December 14th, 2006, 17:42
the screen completely go black for me.. not even a backlite black.. just as if the system was off.... it does inintially bring up a window and no matter what option i pick it does that.....
i'm on a supercard mini sd with superkey (on launch ds)

Mikaa
December 15th, 2006, 17:52
Well, I wish you luck with further programming. One day, Datel will release an update for the MMD that will allow more friendly homebrewing. And maybe they will replace the Compact Flash card requirement, since that seems to be the real culprit of the device's incompatibility...

Mikaa

TeenDev
December 20th, 2006, 22:30
someone, like Brumi, needs to touch up the code for MMD. I would, but I don't know C/++

Mourningstar
December 29th, 2006, 05:29
9. NDS icon attached (G6, DSX, ... cartridges)

So does this mean that it DOES work with G6?

TeenDev
January 12th, 2007, 03:08
sorry its a bit late but the NEW version supports DLDI so it supports MMD!!! YAY FOR DLDI!!

Flawless_2007
January 13th, 2007, 05:26
they need to mess around with it to make it work on mmd

grodriguez
January 14th, 2007, 22:43
for all thee ppl with mmd it works on mmd, i have it working on mine

http://dsdoom.devkitpro.org/

tahtah
March 20th, 2007, 22:19
wtf when I start it up I say "standard game" and then the screen goes black like it is when the nintendo ds is off. I dont know what to do and I reallly want to play this game so can some1 help me i'm using a M3 simply with a 1 gb sandisk microSD cart.

TeenDev
March 20th, 2007, 23:10
no reserecting noob!

DanTheManMS
March 21st, 2007, 00:51
WTF? No resurrection? If he has a valid question, I see no need to prevent him from asking it.

mnhalo
March 23rd, 2007, 19:19
reminds me of the old days playin this, good work

Fujiryu
March 24th, 2007, 15:12
It goes blank the R4/M3 DS Simply also. Even after I had patched it. I won't experience DS doom tonight -_-,

Wii60_FTW
May 5th, 2007, 00:11
must be named "doom.wad" rename doom2 or any others to "doom.wad"

XDelusion
May 16th, 2007, 04:05
Ok, renamed DOOMU.WAD to doom.wad, got it loading.

I can see that if I touch the screen, the DOOM Guy moves, but...

...since this is a PrBOOM port, then I would like to know if this is ported from the more recent sources, where Free Look is an option, and if so, how do I set that up, and once that is set up, how to I re-assign the button config? Everytime I goto Setup, my DS goes black.

Got an M3 Simply btw.

tahtah
May 18th, 2007, 20:26
when i rename the file to doom.wad it still dont works my screen goes black like when the ds is off. :S:S:S please some1 help me to fix this problem or has some1 an download link too the good shareware version dont know if i use the good one.

edit: do i need to patch the .nds file ? because i didn't do that btw i have an m3 simply with an sandisk 1gb card

Sir_Voe
May 18th, 2007, 20:50
Yes, you need to patch the NDS file. I'm running it on my M3S w/ no problem.

tahtah
May 18th, 2007, 21:33
it still doesn't works i have patched it now but it i still get the same it starts up and i select standard game but then the screen turns black like when your ds is off :S or do i just need patience to load it :O? I really want to play this game
can someone post a screenshot of is map on his card root or upload his map here i appreciate if u help me out :)

tahtah
May 18th, 2007, 22:02
now it works and its an ownage game :):):)!!!

XDelusion
June 20th, 2007, 06:41
Is there a way to enable Freelook on this? Or is this from an older version of PrBOOM?

aznpride93
June 20th, 2007, 20:16
no version of doom works on games 'n' music, does it?
ive tried a kajillion times and still wont work
if anyone has got it working on games 'n' music please tell me!!

DanTheManMS
June 20th, 2007, 22:26
It will never work on the GnM until Datel releases a DLDI file for the device.

noname1
June 26th, 2007, 23:12
I have a m3 movie player and the game won't work.
I tried to patch it i named the wad ''doom.wad''
I did everything to get it working but nothing helps.
If somebody help i can give u a halflife wad for doom
it looks very good just like the real halflife.
p.s Im Dutch so i may have make mistakes in the message XD

240-185
June 27th, 2007, 21:08
THe game doesn't work for me too.

I have a CycloDS Evo. I launch DSDoom, the screens go black. On the bottom screen, "Welcome <my nick>" is written, nothing else happens then.

The_Doom_Marine
July 12th, 2007, 01:57
I need help as well, just like those who also have problems my screen goes black. I'm using Max Media Dock

pizzatacoman
July 12th, 2007, 03:14
Doesn't work for me either.

The_Doom_Marine
July 12th, 2007, 03:43
Where can I find the DSDoom 1.1.0Rev1. I heard that works on more things(like Max Media Dock)

The_Doom_Marine
July 12th, 2007, 19:44
Nevermind I got it working, but theres a problem. why does the setup turn off my DS once I select it?

patgan598
July 31st, 2007, 21:17
Someone who could port?
Im thinking of Fire fight By epic megagames..
I dont really no if its abandonware but anyvay...
To the ds off course Anyone digg it?
:confused::confused::confused:?
Please email:
Msn: <[email protected]>

Help will be appricated.. VERY much...

patgan598
July 31st, 2007, 21:18
It is on dos/win95

korrosive
August 12th, 2007, 05:56
Im having the problem of the standard mode making my DS screens go black and unresponsive

XDelusion
August 12th, 2007, 11:58
If the author could make use of the extra memory in the Opera Browser or EZ Flash 3 in 1, I'm SURE that would go a long way for an app like this.

RAM Unlocking API Collection:

http://licklick.wordpress.com/tag/ds-homebrew/

Ez Flash 3 in 1 for only $19.05!

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

Mike-7
September 18th, 2007, 21:12
hey if i have the complete wads can i use them on this?

and does this same idea also work with ds quake?

Prans
September 13th, 2009, 20:02
I tried it and it gets to the network or standard game option. As soon as I select it the screen goes blank. I'm not sure it does.

Mine does the same on acekard 2. Any help please???