PDA

View Full Version : BrandIntel Weekly Console Perception Tracker

Darksaviour69
December 13th, 2006, 10:53
Since the last reporting period, sentiment for the Wii has slightly cooled off and is receiving more competition from the Xbox 360. Discussion levels for the Wii are much higher giving it the edge over the Xbox 360 and the top spot this week. Availability has been an issue as consumers are finding it difficult to obtain a Wii. However, purchase intent is high which stems mostly from positive discussion about the Wii’s innovative controller.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6999/brandintelaveragesentimmh4.jpg

This week, sentiment for the Wii and Xbox 360 are similar but the Xbox 360 still trails the competition in discussion share resulting in a second place ranking. So far, Microsoft has managed to keep sentiments positive despite the hype surrounded by the Wii and PS3 launches. Online features, graphics, and game lineup represent the Xbox 360’s most significant strengths. Microsoft may currently ba benefiting from low availability of the Wii and PS3 as purchase intent increased 0.6 points from last week.

The PS3 is struggling to reverse negative perceptions of the console. In nearly every aspect, the console scores below the segment average. Discussion of the Cell Processor and graphics may be the key to changing consumer perceptions in the future as it currently represents its strengths. However, the PS3 has yet to convince consumers that the graphics are superior as sentiment scores still trail the Xbox 360 by 0.4 points — no improvement from last week.

# The Wii continues to be in a strong position as discussion of the Wii-mote and Nunchuk controller have increased and remained positive. The revolutionary controller and low cost are what set the Wii apart from its competitors — this has been a popular starting point for positive discussion as the Wii’s purchase intent is generating similar amounts of discussion as the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined. However, while sentiment for purchase intent has increased, discussion share has decreased almost 10% since the previous reporting period. This may be due to low availability in retail stores and unimproved sentiments for graphics.

# The Xbox 360 has continued to withstand hype surrounding the recent launches of the PS3 and Wii. It is receiving above average sentiment scores for 7 of the top 10 attributes. It continues to lead in availability sentiment and makes up almost 45% of all online features-related discussion, with 73% of that being positive. Game lineup and graphics also represent the Xbox 360’s strengths as it currently holds distinct advantages over the PS3 and Wii.

# While the PS3’s graphics remain its highest-ranked attribute, it still falls behind the Xbox 360 which earned a 4.4 sentiment score compared to the PS3’s 4.0. The rest of the attributes continue to elicit negative discussion, though sentiment has seen a small increase across most of the top 10 attributes. Price/Value continues to be a major issue for the PS3 and it currently contributes to its overall low sentiment.

brandintel (http://www.brandintel.com/brandintel.aspx?pageid=industries_gaming_tracker)

about Brandintel and this research:

BrandIntel’s LinkMap tracked more than 655,000 raw search results on the Internet but refined those results through technological filters and human analysis to utilize only the highest quality data for this study – totaling more than 20,000 consumer mentions on next gen video gaming consoles.

sappo
December 13th, 2006, 11:16
This is a little stupid.

PS3 sucks, that's widely know.

But Wii rules. And I think that now ever than before Wii is the most desidered gift for Christmas :)

dzeikei
December 13th, 2006, 14:18
Most negative comments on PS3 are from people who can't afford it.
It's like saying "My hybrid engine toyota can automatically park itself! Hah! Beat that you crappy Ferrari!"
Yes, the PS3 is expensive, but of course you will pick up PS3 if it were the same price as other consoles.
fyi i dont own any of the next gen consoles, im happy just with a PSP.
Wii looks interesting, but I'm sure it will end up in the drawer dust like my Driving force pro wheel, guncon 2, eyetoy, DDR mat, etc.

Darksaviour69
December 13th, 2006, 14:22
this graph breaks down the stats a bit more

http://www.brandintel.com/images/brandintel/Top_Driver_Discussion_Table.gif

as you can see, the ps3 is falling in a number of areas, but so is the wii in a few, i we know how well its selling

tophead420
December 13th, 2006, 15:10
This is a little stupid.

PS3 sucks, that's widely know.

But Wii rules. And I think that now ever than before Wii is the most desidered gift for Christmas :)

i totally disagree the ps3 dont suck you say that because you dont have one and as for the Wii have you seen on tv where the "innovative" Wii remote has been slipping from peoples hands a busting there tv's o yea thats really innovative i was gonna buy one but im not risking my 2000 dollar tv for a 250 dollar console lol

sappo
December 13th, 2006, 17:13
Sorry, but I have two PS2, two PSP, one DS, one GBASP and a Wii, and I have seen PS3 at a local Gaming Convention.

It simply sucks.

Also, my WiiMote doesn't slip. Who make it slip is obviously stupid.

And that copied PS3 motion sensor from Wii also sucks. It is useless compared to Wii's.

And about PS1 emulation... That's really innovative from Sony. They hear of Virtual Console from Nintendo and they make PS1 emulation available on PSP via PS3.

So they are forcing me to buy a PS3? If you wanna copy ideas, at least copy them well.

My next gaming console will be an X360? Why?

Because with 700$ I can get a Wii and an X360, and that are TWO consoles.

Sony wants that I spend 700$ on a SINGLE console? They are FOOLS.

Oh, a last thing: Wii sold three times the PS3. Is the world stupid? I think not.

It's obvious, PS3 is doomed. Games will stop coming out soon.

X360 and Wii will dominate the scene, and PS3 will be forgot by everyone, as the biggest marketing mistake ever.

Joe88
December 13th, 2006, 20:41
Sorry, but I have two PS2, two PSP, one DS, one GBASP and a Wii, and I have seen PS3 at a local Gaming Convention.

It simply sucks.

Also, my WiiMote doesn't slip. Who make it slip is obviously stupid.

And that copied PS3 motion sensor from Wii also sucks. It is useless compared to Wii's.

And about PS1 emulation... That's really innovative from Sony. They hear of Virtual Console from Nintendo and they make PS1 emulation available on PSP via PS3.

So they are forcing me to buy a PS3? If you wanna copy ideas, at least copy them well.

My next gaming console will be an X360? Why?

Because with 700$ I can get a Wii and an X360, and that are TWO consoles.

Sony wants that I spend 700$ on a SINGLE console? They are FOOLS.

Oh, a last thing: Wii sold three times the PS3. Is the world stupid? I think not.

It's obvious, PS3 is doomed. Games will stop coming out soon.

X360 and Wii will dominate the scene, and PS3 will be forgot by everyone, as the biggest marketing mistake ever.
try again

xbox360($399) + HDDVD addon($199) = $599
sp bascially all they did was screw you over by not releasing it with the counsle
sony however did, they released their blu-ray drive ($999 btw if you want to buy one in the store)
the PS3 alone without the gaming aspect is already a sweet deal because your saving $400

.:List of Companies supporting Blu Ray Disks:.
Panasonic
20th Century Fox
The Walt Disney Company
Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Vivendi Universal Games
Electronic Arts (EA Games)
Apple Computer Inc.
Verbatim Corporation
Lions Gate Home Entertainment
Samsung
Paramount
Mitsubishi Chemical Media
Warner Bros
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Philips
Digital Playground
Blueray
TDK
Pioneer
Plextor
Human Computing
Sun Microsystems
LiteOn
Dell
Hewlett Packard
Hitachi
LG Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics
Sharp Corporation
Thomson

.:Games You Should Care About for PS3:.
GT5, RE5 , RR7 , MGS4 , motorstorm , FF XIII , GTA IV , Killzone 2 , ut2k7 , HL2 ep2 , rachet and clank , burnout 5 , stuntman 2 , army of two , cod 3 , DMC 4 , F.E.A.R. , F.E.A.R. II , the getaway 2 , battlefield , tomb raider 8 , eight days , BioShock , driver 4 , the wheelman , fall of liberty , GUN II , and much more !

why isnt those numbers higher ???
because if you did your research theres only 500,000 sold
100,000 in japan
400,000 in the us

thats it
every counsle sold out on launch day

:cool:

the_eternal_dark
December 13th, 2006, 21:03
i totally disagree the ps3 dont suck you say that because you dont have one and as for the Wii have you seen on tv where the "innovative" Wii remote has been slipping from peoples hands a busting there tv's o yea thats really innovative i was gonna buy one but im not risking my 2000 dollar tv for a 250 dollar console lol

Those who swing their controllers like morons deserve to have their stuff broken. Come on, the strap shouldn't/isn't going to hold up to 75-90 mph speeds of a hard swing, use common sense. I have a Wii and it has been great so far.

The PS3 over heats, but so does the XB360 :p . I'm just waiting for a second wave to come and I'll get my hands on one.

Vibestar
December 13th, 2006, 21:10
pfff does anyone really read all this.... I like them all... so I'm gona buy them all

the_eternal_dark
December 13th, 2006, 21:17
pfff does anyone really read all this.... I like them all... so I'm gona buy them all

I hate reviews so I agree. :thumbup:

tophead420
December 14th, 2006, 17:27
lmao i plan on getting my ps3 for christmas but we all know that wont happen so now my plan is to buy an Xbox 360 then my ps3 in the following months (if i can find one and if assholes dont buy them all up and put them on ebay anyone who does this is a piece of shit leave the consoles to those who want them yo play them dont buy one and put it on ebay) and as for me getting a wii i don see that happening i love my tv to much for it to be busted by a WII remote

sappo
December 17th, 2006, 17:23
Nintendo rules, because:

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2006/12/wiistrapnew.jpg

They already created a new strap.

Also, like someone said before, you must be a moron to swing the WiiMote so strong.

Only Sony doens't understand that when there's a problem, you should try the best to resolve it.

Nintendo does, Sony doesn't.

the_eternal_dark
December 18th, 2006, 00:23
Nintendo rules, because:

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2006/12/wiistrapnew.jpg

They already created a new strap.

Also, like someone said before, you must be a moron to swing the WiiMote so strong.

Only Sony doens't understand that when there's a problem, you should try the best to resolve it.

Nintendo does, Sony doesn't.

Agreed, but still, I think user error shouldn't prompt for an updated design.

Also, I believe it says in the manual to swing with care or to not swing it as hard as you can, but I don't think anyone reads the manuals.

Again, the straps are not made to stop the remote from flying away from you at 75+ mph and those of you who say the DS and PSP have stronger straps, do you actually swing your DS or PSP that hard in the first place (or at all)? I could swear a few people here have said that.