PDA

View Full Version : PS3 delayed in Europe until September 07?

Darksaviour69
December 13th, 2006, 15:51
Source tells CVG that PS3 won't launch in Europe until September 2007 while Sony sticks to March release

Sony's head of Worldwide Studios Phil Harrison recently told Official PlayStation Magazine that he wouldn't like to make any definitive statements about the March rollout for PS3.

Sony quickly followed that up with a statement re-confirming PS3 is on track for March 2007 across Europe. But speculation of a further delay just won't go away.

High placed sources within the industry have already been tipping April as a more realistic launch window the for console. But a source has told CVG that a PS3 delay as far back as September 2007 is now far more likely, pointing the finger of delay at - yes you guessed it - "component shortages". And let's face it, you don't launch a console in summer.

When contacted this morning a Sony UK spokesperson told CVG that "We're 100 percent on track for a March release".

Source: CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=151602&skip=yes)

Really can we believe Sony, first they say spring 2006, then world wide launch in Dec with over a million consoles ready, then they said 100,000 for Japan and 400,000 for the US, which, at this stage it seems they only had 80,000 for Japan and just over 200,000 for the US ready for launch.

It seems to me Sony think they can keep dangling the carrot in front of us, making and breaking promises like this. I hope for Playstation fans in Europe they for fill this promise.

steve-b
December 13th, 2006, 16:00
If it's not out by march I am so getting a 360 or a Wii.

/Sony fanboy

JKKDARK
December 13th, 2006, 16:21
I hope September 2007 :P

Anyway, I will not get a PlayStation 3 (exept a free PlayStation 3 :p). I'm with my Xbox 360 and maybe in the next year with a Wii also :)

PSPFR3AK
December 13th, 2006, 16:55
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21699

JKKDARK
December 13th, 2006, 17:07
Ha nice picture. The PS3 competition is the 3DO

ElRazur
December 13th, 2006, 17:27
I hope not, anyway im getting an import soon.

opiate81
December 13th, 2006, 18:48
All I can do is laugh
by the time it comes out here I`ll be able to choose from a PS3 an XBOX 720 or maybe even a Wii 2

way to support your loyal customers sony!!!

although with this new law thats come in maybe theyre lifting the region coding so they dont have to worry about modchips

JKKDARK
December 13th, 2006, 18:51
All I can do is laugh
by the time it comes out here I`ll be able to choose from a PS3 an XBOX 720 or maybe even a Wii 2

Hey! Don't forget the Dreamcast 2!

Wysiwyg
December 13th, 2006, 20:08
Wont surprise me if Sony holds off until Sept '07. After all, look at the PSP. Took them just about a year to get that out over here. It doesnt bother me tho. I have had my PS3 for the past month or so.

December 14th, 2006, 15:26
Information from Phil Harrison, Threespeech Event, 12th December 2006:

Playstation 3 european launch within the first 2 weeks of March 2007, as explained to me, Sony's financial year ends on the 3rd week of March and therefore they want to launch before the next finanacial year begins. Judging that UK consoles always release on a friday expect the european launch on either the 2nd or 9th of March. Though a strong hint was that they are hoping to drop the playstation 3 on the 3rd day of the 3rd month (march 3rd).

Darksaviour69
December 14th, 2006, 15:42
yes Synthesis, thats what sony say, but they also said last xmas that it was coming out world wide in spring, then world-wide in nov. Also it took ages for the psp to be released here too.

Sony just don't have a good track record!

MikeDX
December 14th, 2006, 15:51
I'd say screw the ps3 and get a wii, but those are totally sold out everywhere..

so get a 360 instead.

Anybody wanna buy a psp? :)

steve-b
December 14th, 2006, 17:11
march 2nd would be sweet. It'd be like Sony was giving me a birthday present. except it costs me an arm and a leg.

dejkirkby
December 14th, 2006, 17:17
If this is true, I give up to PS3. Unless the price is in line with X-Box 360 or even better with Wii.

December 14th, 2006, 21:11
yes Synthesis, thats what sony say, but they also said last xmas that it was coming out world wide in spring, then world-wide in nov. Also it took ages for the psp to be released here too.

I think Sony would have realised they made a major ****-up with the European handling already; no way they could consider delaying it again.

dejkirkby
December 14th, 2006, 21:48
I think Sony would have realised they made a major ****-up with the European handling already; no way they could consider delaying it again.
I think they would. Upto now they've shown no respect to Europe. Why start now?

Cloudhunter
December 14th, 2006, 22:14
Jesus... one rumour and suddenly you are all sony haters. I've played all 3 consoles and I prefer the PS3, and I really don't give a damn how long it takes to arrive.

Cloudy

dejkirkby
December 14th, 2006, 22:26
I'm no Sony hater, but it seems they are Euro-haters?

penileartery
December 14th, 2006, 22:31
how stupid. i have my ps3 but i wouldnt of gotten one if it was delayed here 23089 times.

irongiant
December 15th, 2006, 12:59
I'm no Sony hater, but it seems they are Euro-haters?

When will you grow up? Europe haters.. hilarious!
I'm sure the Sony top brass all sat around a table and said 'we hate europe let's release the PS3 there next year'. Twat.

PSPFR3AK
December 17th, 2006, 04:24
I'd say screw the ps3 and get a wii, but those are totally sold out everywhere..

so get a 360 instead.

no thx

C4TW
December 18th, 2006, 16:30
Not so much "Europe-haters" as Euro-not-giving-a-crap-about-ers. I love Sony and the PS3, when they said we were getting a worldwide release i almost cried with joy! After that the slipped release date for Europe was like Sony had just taken a sledgehammer to my face! I won't buy another consile but i might seriously consider being cross with sony and not pre-ordering my PS3...wait i take it back, i love it too much!

*EDIT*I have overused exclamation marks in this post!

irongiant
December 19th, 2006, 16:45
Not so much "Europe-haters" as Euro-not-giving-a-crap-about-ers. I love Sony and the PS3, when they said we were getting a worldwide release i almost cried with joy! After that the slipped release date for Europe was like Sony had just taken a sledgehammer to my face! I won't buy another consile but i might seriously consider being cross with sony and not pre-ordering my PS3...wait i take it back, i love it too much!

*EDIT*I have overused exclamation marks in this post!

Patience young jedi. Sony made a choice based on the few units they had ready for launch, what would you have done? Released them in Europe instead of Japan? Absolutely not as Japan is their home turf. Release them in Europe but not the US? Absolutely not as the 360 is taking hold in the US and that's a huge market for Sony. The only other option was to delay the launch worldwide which would have been a monumentally bad decision.

In a few weeks time you'll be able to buy a PS3 with teething problems ironed out and a much better lineup of software available.

Darksaviour69
December 19th, 2006, 16:50
a few? at least another 10 weeks... unless they delay it again. Remember this time last year they they were saying they were going to have a World wide launch in Spring 06!

dejkirkby
December 19th, 2006, 16:53
DESPITE the Sony Propaganda Machine© that is irongiant, I will be giving Sony another chance with the PS3. Not for the teething problems ironed out (what a bullshit reason, we don't like being patronised, irongiant) or the game lineup (most of which will be delayed, much like the PSP lineup) but for the linux OS. The possibilities with this are monumental.

Darksaviour69
December 19th, 2006, 16:56
I agree with dejkirkby, Linux is the only thing that interests me with the PS3, (bar motorstorm, which looks great)

F9zDark
December 19th, 2006, 17:57
Patience young jedi. Sony made a choice based on the few units they had ready for launch, what would you have done? Released them in Europe instead of Japan? Absolutely not as Japan is their home turf. Release them in Europe but not the US? Absolutely not as the 360 is taking hold in the US and that's a huge market for Sony. The only other option was to delay the launch worldwide which would have been a monumentally bad decision.

In a few weeks time you'll be able to buy a PS3 with teething problems ironed out and a much better lineup of software available.

Actually delaying a worldwide launch would have been in Sony's best interest. So they lose some market share this christmas, but they'd have had another few months or another year to work out all the bugs and deliver on everything they promised flawlessly.

I know many people who saw the PS3 launch was botched and said screw it and purchased Wiis instead. Why? Because Sony got WAY TOO MUCH bad publicity.

Imagine how well the PS3 would have done in its first week, of a worldwide launch of 2 million units next year, with near flawless hardware, inception of fully capable online abilities, etc?

Xbox and Wii would be suffering every christmas thereafter, thats for sure.

jonezybaby
December 19th, 2006, 18:58
why is it tho that wen it needs 2 be delayed its always europe? japan always get there shit first, followed but america!!

sony wouldnt dream of delayin it in japan, think of the complaints!!

so i say if future delay happen then delay america so we can laugh at them for once about not gettin something!! Sony want loyal customers yet they treat europeans like shit!! screw sony!

F9zDark
December 19th, 2006, 20:23
why is it tho that wen it needs 2 be delayed its always europe? japan always get there shit first, followed but america!!

sony wouldnt dream of delayin it in japan, think of the complaints!!

so i say if future delay happen then delay america so we can laugh at them for once about not gettin something!! Sony want loyal customers yet they treat europeans like shit!! screw sony!

None of us are laughing at Europe over the delay... :confused: