PDA

View Full Version : CPS2PSP v1.61 - CPs2 Emulator for the PSP

wraggster
December 13th, 2006, 17:19
Nj (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/) has released a new version of his CPS2 emulator for the PSP, heres the translated whats new:

*X-MEN VS. The floor being destroyed with Street, Fighter after falling, the picture normally
 Correcting the bug which has stopped being indicated.

* Because perhaps as for big bug you think, that it is not, renewal of binary temporarily with this end?
 If it seems that it cannot correspond to the new game, possibility of end is large this way, is.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Vega
December 13th, 2006, 17:41
I'll be damned! Great stuff.

12loogies
December 13th, 2006, 17:41
thank U, your work is very much appreciated!

Baboon
December 13th, 2006, 17:44
Everything runs perfecto. :)

Next stop CPS3 and the original Sega Naomi board thankyou very much! lol

Vega
December 13th, 2006, 17:49
Everything runs perfecto. :)

Next stop CPS3 and the original Sega Naomi board thankyou very much! lol

Dude . . . how great would CPS3 be ? I mean... really! Makes one's hands go quite moist!

Just ran a quick lil test of this before I go for me dinner . . . and everything looks like its tip top! Great work NJ. :thumbup:

EvilDooinz
December 13th, 2006, 18:07
CPS-3 even emulated on PC yet lol?

Mr. Shizzy
December 13th, 2006, 18:32
NJ, you are amazing. If there was a PSP Homebrew Hall of Fame; you would most certainly be in it. The pride you put into your work shows. :D

And whats all this about CPS3 ? I say (if NJ keeps coding) a Raine emulator would be the cat's meow. :)

Apoklepz
December 13th, 2006, 18:41
My god! ...Now I'm really impressed!!!... It kinda freaks me out if I turn around again, another update will pop up! ...I'll proceed to spin on my desk chair to see if I can get up to having wi-fi on this...will post back my findings in 2 minutes....

NJ....you a computer? You rock my PSP, man!...Don't know exactly how many times I've already said that.

fucht017
December 13th, 2006, 19:02
What realy amazed me is people allready asking for CPS3.To play CPS2 on my PSP is in my opinion realy realy amazing,and will enjoy this for years to come..Be greatefull what NJ already has accomplished with his skills.And who knows what the future wil bring to our PSP's.;)

grit
December 13th, 2006, 19:05
NJ, you are amazing. If there was a PSP Homebrew Hall of Fame; you would most certainly be in it. The pride you put into your work shows. :D

And whats all this about CPS3 ? I say (if NJ keeps coding) a Raine emulator would be the cat's meow. :)

NJ, the coding machine!!
He IS in the PSP hall-of-fame!

Now I must agree: Raine would totaly rock!! :D
But he've done so much for the PSP already that I feel bad just for asking...

Great work, NJ!

Vega
December 13th, 2006, 19:10
What realy amazed me is people allready asking for CPS3.To play CPS2 on my PSP is in my opinion realy realy amazing,and will enjoy this for years to come..Be greatefull what NJ already has accomplished with his skills.And who knows what the future wil bring to our PSP's.;)

lol . . . dude, no one is being unappreciative at all.

Mr. Shizzy
December 13th, 2006, 19:16
...Just chatting amongst ourselves. LOL I would never try to contact NJ with an actual request.

Vega
December 13th, 2006, 19:20
...Just chatting amongst ourselves. LOL I would never try to contact NJ with an actual request.

me neither man . . . im content with the work he has done totally... outstanding stuff :D

I guess people just like to jump the gun :rolleyes:

Apoklepz
December 13th, 2006, 19:24
'Hey guys! I just e-mailed NJ to pursue him on working on MAME/RAINE/CPS3 perfection for the PSP...all in one single Emulator!!!!!

...Not really, I would have gotten my ass blown to the broadside of the galaxy if I had really done that...bored.

xiringu
December 13th, 2006, 19:26
great stuff, as always :)

but seriously, something must be done about the machine translations...they freak me out!!! :S

Baboon
December 13th, 2006, 19:28
'Hey guys! I just e-mailed NJ to pursue him on working on MAME/RAINE/CPS3 perfection for the PSP...all in one single Emulator!!!!!

...Not really, I would have gotten my ass blown to the broadside of the galaxy if I had really done that...bored.

Hey, see if he'll do a PS3 and 360 emulator too! lol

Im very very grateful! I think its fookin amazing that ive got these perefect arcade games running on my psp. :thumbup:

I was only jesting by saying his next mission should be CPS3 and Naomi! lol ...but in saying that, over a year ago I would never in my wildest dreams have thought id be playing Marvel Vs Capcom, SVC Chaos etc etc on my psp. This guy makes the impossible happen and you just know that what ever NJ turns his attention to next its gonna kick ass!

Happy days. :D

Apoklepz
December 13th, 2006, 19:39
CPS2PSP 2.00 is OUT!!!!***

Translation via Google;

- Getting rom cache correction to pull of spooning with neighbor cache file folder on format .zip....WTF Did he say SPOONING?!?
-Went to the Supermarket 8 times on FPS counter and breasts looked huge on that dolly. Will resolve later. Need sleepy-poo.
-Sprite cache "now loading" GUI implemented in menu...cause i LIKEE THE PRETTY PICTURES.
-CPS3 rom implementation make emulator carsh...yes, that be the sound it make when try to load. I have a mole in my scrotum sack.HAHAHAHAHA
-Hair now looks Surreal on CAPCOM ladies like Chun-li and Cammy...must be LOREAL counter implementation.

Yep, heard it from the man himself...He reeeeeaaallly has to get some rest now before we loose him...lol.

***Don't mind me, I'm bored.

darthhaze420
December 13th, 2006, 20:00
dont get me wrong i would love to see cps3 and all but i would really love to see wifi support for cps1 cps2 and mvs first i dont know witch will be harder to do but any way thanks for all ur hard work NJ the homebrew community is in ur debt

Baboon
December 13th, 2006, 20:07
I read the first line of your post Apoklepz and thought 2.0 was out! lol

Thanks for the translation. :)

Vega
December 13th, 2006, 20:15
CPS2PSP 2.00 is OUT!!!!***

Translation via Google;

- Getting rom cache correction to pull of spooning with neighbor cache file folder on format .zip....WTF Did he say SPOONING?!?
-Went to the Supermarket 8 times on FPS counter and breasts looked huge on that dolly. Will resolve later. Need sleepy-poo.
-Sprite cache "now loading" GUI implemented in menu...cause i LIKEE THE PRETTY PICTURES.
-CPS3 rom implementation make emulator carsh...yes, that be the sound it make when try to load. I have a mole in my scrotum sack.HAHAHAHAHA
-Hair now looks Surreal on CAPCOM ladies like Chun-li and Cammy...must be LOREAL counter implementation.

Yep, heard it from the man himself...He reeeeeaaallly has to get some rest now before we loose him...lol.

***Don't mind me, I'm bored.

:rofl:

damn.. you got me also with the first line

Apoklepz
December 13th, 2006, 20:25
Glad to give you guys a laugh from the top of my boredom...weird how I become this totally different person when I'm bored...lol.

NJ...keep rocking that love!

bosanova_x
December 13th, 2006, 20:27
well i've been out of the scene for a while, come back and nj has done it again,marvel vs capcom runs like a dream come true.

Many thanks NJ

Veskgar
December 13th, 2006, 20:30
What realy amazed me is people allready asking for CPS3.To play CPS2 on my PSP is in my opinion realy realy amazing,and will enjoy this for years to come..
Exactly. Let us not forget that not too long ago many people (even NJ himself) were saying that CPS2 on the PSP would not be possible.

Not possible?

Well NJ sure proved that wrong. Let us enjoy and appreciate what NJ has already done instead of worrying so much about his future endeavors.

I mean damn. I am not exaggerating when I say that the PSP has enough emulation capabilities to keep most people consumed with enjoyment for at least a decade. Think of every game you wouldn't mind playing on every emulator and try playing through all of those games to completion and you will have enough on your plate to last many years.

Mr. Shizzy
December 13th, 2006, 20:36
Exactly. Let us not forget that not too long ago many people (even NJ himself) were saying that CPS2 on the PSP would not be possible.

Not possible?

Well NJ sure proved that wrong. Let us enjoy and appreciate what NJ has already done instead of worrying so much about his future endeavors.

I mean damn. I am not exaggerating when I say that the PSP has enough emulation capabilities to keep most people consumed with enjoyment for at least a decade. Think of every game you wouldn't mind playing on every emulator and try playing through all of those games to completion and you will have enough on your plate to last many years.

I've always said, by the time PSP2 is out, I still probably will not have had a chance to play all the goodness PSP has to offer. But I'll say one more time... We are all very appreciative of everything NJ has done. NO ONE is making any official requests. Just making small talk about what the future could hold for us. So lets drop it. :rolleyes:

fucht017
December 13th, 2006, 20:47
The great thing of it al is ,we all love tho'se great Arcade classsics from the past..And i'm sorry i sounded a bit harsh,but NJ said it would not be possible and just F&%* did it.So lets have fun...By the way you can set "Raster Effects" to "On",and everything still runs smooth.:thumbup:

Mr. Shizzy
December 13th, 2006, 21:01
No harm, no foul. :) I just didn't want some friendly conversation to snowball into an arguement. Anyways, cheers to NJ !!!! I'll report my experiences with this emu update as soon as I get the chance to test. :D

V3N0M
December 13th, 2006, 22:58
I was waiting a few days knowing he would do another quick update. Finaly i just updated it to 1.6 and then this comes out right after lol. Well anyways great work NJ!

NovaKane
December 14th, 2006, 02:21
Is this version better than 1.30? I'm tired of making new cache files lol. Keep up the great work NJ!

NyghtcrawleR
December 14th, 2006, 04:37
Making new cache files only takes like a min...And yes its better.

Plowking
December 14th, 2006, 11:39
Is this version better than 1.30? I'm tired of making new cache files lol. Keep up the great work NJ!

You only need to re-cache the bigger games, like the fighting ones.

All of the smaller stuff doesn't need to be touched.

dman32
December 15th, 2006, 05:41
how do you bring up the menu that has frame skip,etc?

cloudd
December 15th, 2006, 06:08
Is there DIP switch settings in CPS2 because I can't enter it on the emulator menu??? Is this a bug? how do I access the DIP switch settings? How do I select the Turbo mode 1,2,3 in super street fighter 2 turbo? It automatically selects turbo 1

JadaBloom
December 15th, 2006, 07:41
You guys who're saying CPS3 do realize there isn't even an PC emu which supports CPS3 nor have the boards been dumped and most likely never will be CPS3/NAOMI are pipe dreams even for the PC let alone PSP.:rolleyes:

pichon
December 15th, 2006, 08:56
Yep it would be 'easier' emulating Dreamcast for playing the SFIII games than emulating CPS3, and there's not even one DC emu working on PC at full speed properly that could be ported (knowing that Chankast is dead and source code isn't available :( ), so chances to ever see SFIII on PSP without a proper Capcom release (pls pls pls :D ) are none.

Baboon
December 15th, 2006, 09:30
how do you bring up the menu that has frame skip,etc?

Press start and select for the options once your in-game, but theres no frame skip mode (why would you need this though as all of the games play perfect anyway)?

Is there DIP switch settings in CPS2 because I can't enter it on the emulator menu??? Is this a bug? how do I access the DIP switch settings? How do I select the Turbo mode 1,2,3 in super street fighter 2 turbo? It automatically selects turbo 1

When in-game hold L, R and Select to bring up the machines dip swith settings.

Yep it would be 'easier' emulating Dreamcast for playing the SFIII games than emulating CPS3, and there's not even one DC emu working on PC at full speed properly that could be ported (knowing that Chankast is dead and source code isn't available :( ), so chances to ever see SFIII on PSP without a proper Capcom release (pls pls pls :D ) are none.

My hopes are that Capcom will eventually release a UMD game of Street Fighter 3, cause we are never going to see a DC emu on PSP. Capcom are normally quite good with releasing there classic old titles on various formats so I’m hoping that they'll realise that there would defo be enough interest from gamers in bringing SF3 to PSP?

...oh, and I know we aint never gonna see CPS3 and Naomi on PSP... it xmas time though and I'm aloud to dream! lol :D

Vega
December 15th, 2006, 12:23
lolz @ people taking the CPS3 thing WAAAAAY to far! Damn it... we cant even say "cps3 would be cool on PSP" without mindless replies --- "UGH ITS IMPOSSIBLE UGH IT WONT HAPPEN -- UGH HASNT HE DONE ENOUGH"

Lighten up guys.... a little talk is fine.... stop jumping the gun dammit.