PDA

View Full Version : Opera launches social browser for feature phones

wraggster
May 31st, 2012, 19:58
Norwegian browser firm Opera has expanded its mobile web offerings again, this time with the release of the Opera Mini 7 browser for feature phones, which sports a social dashboard dubbed the 'Smart Page'.
The Smart Page summarises updates from the user's Facebook and Twitter feeds, as well as news site recommendations, while users can also add the feeds of their most-viewed sites.
Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software, said: "I’ve spent hours typing web addresses on my mobile phone, but now there’s a super smart way to get most of your content at a glance.
"With Smart Page, you just open the browser, and the content is right beside your Speed Dial shortcuts in the start screen for you to skim through — super practical, super time-saving and super smart. I guess that’s why the product team called it Smart Page."
While the Smart Page is the flagship side of the browser, Mini 7 users can also perform more conventional tasks such as actual web browsing.

http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/read/opera-launches-social-browser-for-feature-phones/018194