PDA

View Full Version : Supercard to Release a Slot 1 Flash Cart

wraggster
December 13th, 2006, 22:48
Great news for fans of Supercard, they are to release a Slot 1 version of their Flash Cart, heres the known details:

Using MicroSD/TFlash Flash Memory Card
Plug 'n Play ( No need for FlashMe )
100% Clean Rom Support, Do not need any Convertions
Drag 'n Drop
Hardware save support, Unlimitated storage, support FAT, FAT32
High speed R/W system, support high speed flash memory card, without any slow down
The best hardware design compatible with all current and future DS consoles, same size as original DS cartridge does NOT stick out!
Micro firmware designed, and extended skin which is fully upgradeable

Very Interestiing :)
thanks gerard (http://www.drunkencoders.com/) for the info.

jergens
December 14th, 2006, 00:00
If it supports clean ROMs, does that mean I can do single-card multiplayer with an unflashed DS?

Veskgar
December 14th, 2006, 00:46
Well I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this as I was thinking of getting a DS-Xtreme.

But since Micro SD can go up to 2GB, this might be better than the DS-Xtreme. Especially if a skin and firmware is created.

ikarimaru
December 14th, 2006, 01:13
Hooray, I'm definitely on to this one :)

houseonfire
December 14th, 2006, 01:39
Ya. Scratch the wanting R4 thing. I want this instead.
What i would like to know is how Drunken Coders got information about this new Supercard product..
Theres nothing about anything with all these new carts coming out..

evi1d33d
December 14th, 2006, 02:55
If it supports clean ROMs, does that mean I can do single-card multiplayer with an unflashed DS?

I doubt it since the code sent over is still unsigned, but I could be wrong.
The down side of the Slot 1 flash cart is that you lose the GBA support.

houseonfire
December 14th, 2006, 02:59
Ill be using my Supercard Lite AND this thing at the same time. Haha. I think it would be pretty cool.

firstknight
December 14th, 2006, 05:32
i hpe the ram support will be enabled via the sc lite...

canvasch
December 14th, 2006, 06:46
i'll be keeping an eye on this... i prolly won't get it till 6 months after it's been out (to see if it gets any love from the homebrew community)
.... till then... supercard minisd + superkey will keep me warm at night

Amethyst
December 14th, 2006, 07:41
I guess I'm going to wait a little longer before I buy a second cart.

Payk
December 14th, 2006, 10:11
evi1d33d : You are right. Clean rom just means that it does that patching before launching it. On gba-devices that wasnt possible (at least that fast) because all slot1 adresses had to be changed to slot2 adresses. But slot one is a serial slot and slot 2 not...So it would have been much effort for the nds. But since slot1 solucions are coming into fashion that autopatching becomed possible within a few seconds. But download and play needs signed roms (or flashme on the reciving nds) and that sendable part has to be unpatched as well (afaik of course)

Well anyway, it seems like slot1-microsd will be often seen in the future. And upgradable skins will become a new standard too. Nice development. But kinda hard for NinjaDS(first well-working autopatching device) and DS-Xtreme (first skinable device). "Their" ideas are about to be copied. I could bet m3 follows very soon, ez did that already before sc and ninjapass we already know about.

NSCXP2005
December 14th, 2006, 12:50
can you run NDS & GBA backups on this?

Kraton
December 14th, 2006, 15:04
Sounds great but I dont need second cart

hikaru1
December 14th, 2006, 18:00
can this new slot 1 solution replace the superkey so I could load my nds backups on both slot 1 AND slot 2?

and if single cart multiplay can be supported as well, this is like a godly solution! :thumbup:

Dave the Rave
December 14th, 2006, 22:53
So glad I didn't go for the DS-Extreme, this sounds like the business.

djclikk
December 15th, 2006, 01:20
this is also going to be cheaper than ds-extreme i'm assuming because it uses microsd instead of built in flash.

Payk
December 15th, 2006, 06:38
Yeah^^ i would assume same...somebody i asked if it can play ds+gba backups...well i cant tell you about what it does. But i can tell i that it doesnt play gba games since it is not in th gba slot :D
All slotone solucions cant do that for sure.

NSCXP2005
December 15th, 2006, 12:35
so if I wanted to pay GBA backups would I need to get a flash cart?

hikaru1
December 15th, 2006, 21:07
so if I wanted to pay GBA backups would I need to get a flash cart?

Just get the supercard lite then, I guess =/
But still, I'm not sure if you can play nds backups on slot 2 with the supercard ds cuz there's no place to put the superkey....

abeisgreat
December 15th, 2006, 21:53
I am totally gonna get one of these

firstknight
December 16th, 2006, 10:05
i think we will be able to use both sc lite and the slot 1 to the max together.. one for gba... on for nds.... and then use it as ram like dsbrowser....