View Full Version : Xbox blows up in Sweden

March 25th, 2005, 12:50
Fast becoming the story that won't end, the Xbox power cord saga has been given a new lease of life after an Xbox blew up in the face of its Swedish owner, despite having one of the all-new 'safe' power cords installed.

"I got sparks in my face and the whole apartment smelled of the burn," explained the unfortunate Anahi Reinoso to Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet last week.

This follows on from Microsoft's February Xbox power cord recall attempt, where the company provided new 'safe' power cables to users for free, to replace the old faulty, and potentially dangerous, ones.

However, despite claiming it was the cables that contained faults, Xbox technical enthusiasts discovered a problem with the hardware, specifically the soldering joints and Firefox power unit.

Suggestions that the problem was with the hardware itself where given extra weight when people started to receive the new power cables. Instead of resembling standard PS2-like leads, they featured a massive box that, according to experts, is simply designed to act like a fuse, nullifying a threat of a fire inside the console.

Still, it appears the leads can't even achieve this task if the Swedish report is anything to go by.

We contacted Microsoft this morning but they were unable to offer any further comment on the official statement made earlier this week,

March 25th, 2005, 18:33
For some reason I first read that title as 'Xbox blows up Sweden' possibly due to their neutrality & the fact they may be harbouring a penguin that bill has scheduled for termination

March 26th, 2005, 11:45
i keep forgeting to get that new lead......