PDA

View Full Version : Beup Live 0.3 Final Fixed Version - MSN for Nintendo DS [OBSOLETE, doesn't work]

Pages : [1] 2

wraggster
December 14th, 2006, 06:34
Kevin C and HtheB have released a fixed version of their MSN Clone for the Nintendo DS, this version fixes the Handshake Problem that stopped many from connecting.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

firstknight
December 14th, 2006, 08:58
great havens... must try this out then...

alas... i am still having the same problem.... doing handshaking....

Fou-Lu1510
December 14th, 2006, 10:18
Still having problems with this version.
Not the handshake problem though, I get an "SSL connect failed" error, I wanted to try out this version to see if it made any difference.

beup used to work perfectly, but I haven't been able to connect for weeks now.:mad:

HtheB
December 14th, 2006, 12:20
great havens... must try this out then...

alas... i am still having the same problem.... doing handshaking....

huh?? how is that possible? O_o

@Fou-Lu1510:
stay next to your router and turn your DS off and on again and try again.....

I hope it will connect now.. (once connected.. you can walk away from your router again :p )

still I really dont know why people still get's the doing handshake problem :confused: :confused: :(

firstknight
December 14th, 2006, 12:48
well... thanks for the help and good work i should say... however.. the only way to overcome my problem is to reset my router i.e. on off the router... and it will connect... if not.. it has the same problem... which i am not sure why as welll... hmmmm...

it will be able to reconnect within a period of time.. if i have offed it for quite sometime and get back in again.... it keeps doing the handshake thingy....

hmmmm i retry a few times and it worked.... but then it it says SSL connect failed.... it went on like 3 times... then when i put it closer to my router it worked.. I think i will try it out tomolo... and see how it goes...

TrizoLakai
December 14th, 2006, 13:29
Great homebrew.
I've a little problem with my avatars. That's all.

Thank you :)

SVJNess
December 14th, 2006, 14:58
there is no documentation for this thing. i have a g6 lite and superkey, which version do i use? will this work with WEP if its already configed with firmware?

Fou-Lu1510
December 14th, 2006, 15:31
@Fou-Lu1510:
stay next to your router and turn your DS off and on again and try again.....

I hope it will connect now.. (once connected.. you can walk away from your router again :p )

still I really dont know why people still get's the doing handshake problem :confused: :confused: :(

I'm usually quite close to my router (2 meters max.) and the weird thing is, sometimes it works, but 9 out of 10 times it won't.
It used to work perfectly though.

cwnhs
December 14th, 2006, 19:43
I have a supercard cf and a dlink router and it works perfectly for me. No problems at all

DoughBoi
December 15th, 2006, 20:44
i used to be stuck at the hand shake... it works now ... very nice program... i'm using SC lite and superkey

talesyuan
December 16th, 2006, 08:06
SSL connect failed
i got this problem too
maybe it used to work good...
but now.....it can't connnect...

and i have another suggestion~
i hope HtheB would make it support chinese...
add a chinese font...
'cause i'm a chinese~~^o^

firstknight
December 16th, 2006, 10:17
hmmm update....

I have the SSL connect failed problem.... and this time reseting doesnt help.,...

oh my goodness.. i have to realy put next to my router in order for it to work... shish.. i wonder how will i do that in starbucks...

GIZZIZ
December 17th, 2006, 09:31
I had the same problem for ages but it connects if i place the ds literally on the router while beup is connecting. Works every time. Once its ocnnected i can move far away from the router and it sustains connection. Try it it might work for you...

Also im having problems with setting an avatar, its on my root but it wont work...?

firstknight
December 19th, 2006, 09:29
yeah... i know it works tat way.. but if you were to go to starbucks... it looks kinda wierd.. haha....

my avatar got no problem.. i even customise my own pics and put it in...

talesyuan
December 19th, 2006, 10:52
i still have the problem...SSL connect failed...
maybe AP works well...

DarkEvilKen
December 20th, 2006, 02:26
in the .rar file... i see that there are many different ones... what does those versions mean.? whats the difference? what would you suggest a super card (lite) user use?

do_me_nice
December 21st, 2006, 00:40
I'm still having trouble getting past the handshake, even with this new method.

my root folder contains:

Beup Live 0.3.nds
BEUP (folder)

Am i doing something wrong?

darek
December 21st, 2006, 14:55
Itīs working very good, but the Avatar thing doesenīt work!?

Canīt take another avatar...
But thatīs not a "real" problem ^^

so long

InfamousTijo
December 22nd, 2006, 17:54
how do i put it on my ds? its a rar. file and i dont know what to do can someone please help me?

darek
December 22nd, 2006, 23:40
You have to extract the file wich is for your card...
In the rar File there are 5 or 6 diffrent folders you have to pick this one that works of your ds...
There is a readmefile in the rar too, there you can see how to install

so long

Benedictine
December 23rd, 2006, 12:12
Itīs working very good, but the Avatar thing doesenīt work!?

Canīt take another avatar...
But thatīs not a "real" problem ^^

so long

I had the same problem. Try using another version... i think i'm using no-fat.

arnold_disco
December 25th, 2006, 16:23
I canot open the file on max media

dock
December 25th, 2006, 17:25
yo but i've got a problem whenever I open beup live final HtheB it stucks on searching.... so please can someone help meee??

arnold_disco
December 25th, 2006, 17:29
Ok its saying connecting using firmware setup

arnold_disco
December 25th, 2006, 17:42
yo but i've got a problem whenever I open beup live final HtheB it stucks on searching.... so please can someone help meee??
Same here:(

dock
December 25th, 2006, 17:45
yo but i've got a problem whenever I open beup live final HtheB it stucks on searching.... so please can someone help meee?? and.. i've got a question for what they are giving many time the same program EX. "dragonM" "no-fat" huh?

dock
December 25th, 2006, 17:47
but the problem is that it stucks on there a cannot tap use custom or the lines on ip ?? and beup really im interested in....

dock
December 25th, 2006, 17:49
we have to do a "help us with beup" revelion arnold disco XD

arnold_disco
December 25th, 2006, 18:06
someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dock
December 25th, 2006, 18:11
hey arnol what programs do u have on youyr max media?? i've got the Max Media Dock too

arnold_disco
December 25th, 2006, 18:18
I only got it today!I only have beup at the moment.

dock
December 25th, 2006, 19:09
dang it! this post this forum doesn't work! nobody answers!

bassCore
December 25th, 2006, 19:30
I get the SSL contact failed sometimes, but it works when it autoconnects again after the failure.

And it would be nice if you could add "Å" Next to "P" on the right side to the keyboard and "Ö" on the right side of "L", And "Ä" on the right side of "Ö" and it will work perfectly for people in sweden ^^ Greets

Otherwise...NICE JOB :thumbup:

dock
December 25th, 2006, 23:12
YOO moderators or anyone dat knows pleassee!!!!!

help me!!!!

arnold_disco
December 26th, 2006, 09:31
Start a new thread.

darek
December 26th, 2006, 11:41

Maybe your ds is not connected to the internet???

dock
December 26th, 2006, 22:41
yuz sometimes connects i've just connected 2 times for being a target :) (i luv sayin' dat) ok but now stucks saying associating... so the clock that is at the side stops and i turn it off and then on try again but its the same!! so please i beg u do whatever u can im just a kid..... :( by the way i'll do a new account here on dcemu :)

arnold_disco
December 27th, 2006, 09:59
I cant connect at all:( :( :( :(

Mr_Owen
December 27th, 2006, 11:35
I know I'm connecting because it says Connected to the MSN dispatch server, but it catches on the handshake and just sits there.

toymin80r
December 27th, 2006, 14:03
yo but i've got a problem whenever I open beup live final HtheB it stucks on searching.... so please can someone help meee?? and.. i've got a question for what they are giving many time the same program EX. "dragonM" "no-fat" huh?

use the no-fat .nds file and turn on your ds to the main menu (whenever you dont got a game inside of the slots) and reset the time to 00:00. Now it should run with no problems I've got an MMD too. but you'll need to reset the clock each time you use it though. And if you cant get the firmware settings to work, just keep hitting stop, then put connect (or whatever it says, but i think is use firmware settings), and keep doing that untill it finally connects, dont just wait there. If you need any help just ask even though i dont get on these forums that much.

dock
December 27th, 2006, 17:13
yes u are rite!! all the times i connect are just on 00:00!!!! thanx so much!! wel i haven't tried it but i'll try rite now! and by the way? do u have MSN?

emmajayne2006
December 27th, 2006, 17:18
i was wondering how do i put msn on to my ds by any chance? do i need a wi fi connector or what or the nintendo browser thing would be great if any1 could help me thanks

dock
December 27th, 2006, 17:23
yuz it WORKED!!!!!!! THANX SO MUCH!!! r u a homebrew coder??

dock
December 27th, 2006, 17:24
ok i may help u
emmayaine

.:roque:.
December 27th, 2006, 17:41
toymin80r

is a MASTER!!! please give some hurrays to him (3)

Hip Hip! Hurray!!!

December 27th, 2006, 17:41
by the way i'm dock i just made a new newbie :D

arnold_disco
December 27th, 2006, 18:52
toymin80r is cool thanks i got max media ds!

December 27th, 2006, 19:12
hey arnol did ur beup live finally worked up?

December 27th, 2006, 19:13
hey arnold did ur beup live finally worked up?

toymin80r
December 28th, 2006, 13:43
toymin80r is cool thanks i got max media ds!

Yea Boy!!!!! (just kidding)

but yea i got an msn, it's ( i eddited my name off & anyone who gots me quoted, please edit it)
but i need to add you guys on my buddies list and you got to add me as one of yours, or else it wont work. I'm not on that much but send me a message if you need some help on anything mmd related.

O, and by the way, You got the same name as my cousin, Arnold.

arnold_disco
December 29th, 2006, 11:39
hey arnold did ur beup live finally worked up?
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

arnold_disco
December 29th, 2006, 11:41

but yea i got an msn, it's [email protected]
but i need to add you guys on my buddies list and you got to add me as one of yours, or else it wont work. I'm not on that much but send me a message if you need some help on anything mmd related.

O, and by the way, You got the same name as my cousin, Arnold.Thats the name of my mobile disco company lol.

arnold_disco
December 29th, 2006, 11:46

but yea i got an msn, it's [email protected]

O, and by the way, You got the same name as my cousin, Arnold.
[email protected]

fruit_loop
January 2nd, 2007, 01:45
hI.
I've just got a ds lite and was wandering how i go about getting msn messenger onto my ds? I have purchased a memory card to load msn or the beup program from my pc onto the memory card is this right? If so or if not my next question is do i need something to insert my memory card into to make it work?

Please help if you can.

toymin80r
January 3rd, 2007, 13:42
what kind of flash cart or device are you using? And what kind of memory card are you using? a CF card, and SD card, or something else?

mugenx
January 5th, 2007, 05:37
Hi, i am new to the ds homebrew scene, i've just recieved my m3 lite with passcard in the mail today and im wondering which .nds file i need to place into my micro sd. also, after i get the nds file onto my sd card, do i also put the beup folder into the root folder?

Mathewie
January 7th, 2007, 19:38
yes its neceasery for beup to put the beup map into the root directory
Srry about my bad english ;)

Catlow
January 12th, 2007, 21:40
New to the homebrew scene as well.

Just like to say a big thank you to every piece of advice on these forums and the makers of the program.

I got it to work pretty much first time, and thats with a chinese version of M3 lite which i don't really understand! lol

JoeyBananaz
January 13th, 2007, 00:50
no idea how to put this thing on my ds...any help please :)

Catlow
January 14th, 2007, 16:45
I'll try and make a guide with pictures during the week. :)

Hansie
January 16th, 2007, 13:24
If you still can't connect because it can't acquire youre dhcp do the following.

Found the solution :D

In a wifi game you need to go to the settings and enter the settings manually for your connection.

so you need to enter the wifi settings for your connection and select no for auto-obtain ip address.

Now to find this info if using XP

click start > run and type in

cmd /k ipconfig /all

and press enter.

You will need to enter the IP Address of the DS - this will be the same as the IP address shown by doing the above but change the last number to anything between 0 and 99, i used 5 so my ip entered is - xxx.xxx.x.5

the subnet mask is under the ip address in the command window

Gateway is under the subnet mask

Then the Primary and Secondary DNS should be just below.

Now to run Beup or any other wifi app you need to start a wifi game.

For example mario kart, connect to the ds wifi and then reset your DS. RESET, do not turn it of or it wil not work.

I have a supercard so i press the button combination.

Now run BEUP or any other program.

It should connect.

I only have one so I entered the same for both and it worked fine.

Hansie
January 16th, 2007, 13:56
If you still can't connect because it can't acquire youre dhcp do the following.

Found the solution :D

In a wifi game you need to go to the settings and enter the settings manually for your connection.

so you need to enter the wifi settings for your connection and select no for auto-obtain ip address.

Now to find this info if using XP

click start > run and type in

cmd /k ipconfig /all

and press enter.

You will need to enter the IP Address of the DS - this will be the same as the IP address shown by doing the above but change the last number to anything between 0 and 99, i used 5 so my ip entered is - xxx.xxx.x.5

the subnet mask is under the ip address in the command window

Gateway is under the subnet mask

Then the Primary and Secondary DNS should be just below.

Now to run Beup or any other wifi app you need to start a wifi game.

For example mario kart, connect to the ds wifi and then reset your DS. RESET, do not turn it of or it wil not work.

I have a supercard so i press the button combination.

Now run BEUP or any other program.

It should connect.

I only have one so I entered the same for both and it worked fine.

I've noticed that resetting Mario Kart DS with the supercard software can corrupt the upper screen. (No it's not broken.) I mean that it could not show the upper screen correctly with beup or win2ds or some apps.

You need to connect with tetris ds and then reset, then the screen would stay normal.

lazyyingying
January 18th, 2007, 15:35
ahhh i can't connect beup with my ds lite using supercard. i've tried manually changing the wifi settings and it still doesnt work. i've put it next to the router too... can someone help?

xShrimp
January 24th, 2007, 23:21
Hi which Beup (No-Fat, DragonM or Chism) do I put into a M3 DS Simply? I dont get that the titles mean.

zechff
January 26th, 2007, 09:31
Feature:

1. Plug 'n Play(No FlashMe, No PassMe, No convert).
2. 100% Clean Rom Support. 100% game capatibility.
3. no PC software required, just Drag 'n Drop file from PC to flash memory card.
4. Hardware save support. Easy to backup and exchange save with other players.
5. support FAT/FAT32 up to 32Gbits flash memory card. Flash memory card can be used on other digital products, save money.
6. Blue-Light engine included. Support High speed flash memory card without any slow down.
7. DS original cartridge size, the perfect solution of slot 1.
8. TFlash/MicroSD slot Push'n Push design, easy to use.
9. Micro firmware designed, and extended skin which is fully upgradeable.
10. MoonShell built-in design. Can play MP3, Ogg and DPG2 directly in SuperCard DS system. Capatible with DPG0/DPG1. It also support eBook and view picture. It's a real multimedia system.
11. TWO mode design:
Standard mode: 100% Capability when copy clear roms into MicroSD for playing directly Super mode: support RESET, cheat code, save to flash memory card directly.

Addidtional Functions:

- Can be used as a SuperKey.
- Inter-play with GBA slot.
- Support SC Rumble Series as a rumble PAK.

There is a SuperCard DS software(Super Mode need to use), you do not need to use it at standard mode. But if you use the software, SuperCard DS can support more powerful functions, such as RESET, cheat code, infinity save space etc (can support save more than 4m in the feature).
http://www.pdapuffin.com/category/61_117/product/item/866/product_detail.html

Bagg3rs
February 1st, 2007, 02:06
after downloading this and patching it for the R4, and gettin past the handshaking problem ( doesnt work when a save has been created for it)

if im to send a handwriting image/message, it doesnt display on the other persons conversation and only says

MSN name writes

but doesnt display what ever has been wrote, any ideas why not?

gotta love this app its awesome tho

cheese123
February 1st, 2007, 02:51
Why doesn't it work for m3 miniSD adapter? It gets stuck at the handshake part. Please help.

3uPh0r14
February 2nd, 2007, 19:12
This is seriously one of the best apps available for the DS! Kudos to those who made it possible!

I was kind of curious though, what kind of plans you guys have for future releases. I have searched for a "suggestions" section for BeUp, but didn't find anything, so I hope that no one flames me for posting some suggestions on here.

If no one has suggested it, I would say two big things that would help make this app work more on other networks would be the following:

A) If there are multiple connections, show a list of the contact points (wireless routers), so you can choose which contact point you want to connect to. Also, have a "locked" icon, or "unlocked" icon, depending on if the router you're connecting to is locked (secured network).

B) If you connect to a secured connection that requires a login/password to enable wifi, let it prompt you for the login/password instead of having a default login. My friend's router is protected, and there's no way to punch in a login/pass to authenticate myself and access MSN.

Overall though, fantastic app! I can't wait for future releases!

Raab9000
February 5th, 2007, 21:33
SOMEONE HELP!

Im using a supercardLite & SuperKey, ive tried every version of the FIXED FINAL beup & it still gets stuck on the handshake part.

All my games work on the wifi but this app doesnt.

Someone help me!

[email protected]

=S

tflpunk
February 5th, 2007, 21:47
Running M3 CF using Nofat and it works perfectly. Amazing bit of software

DSN
February 9th, 2007, 18:37
Hello,

kinda desparate here...

I have both M3 Lite perfect and M3 DS simply and can't make it work on any of them!!!

First of all, for some reason it only tries to use the firmware settings, even when I press the "use custom" button. Then it gets stuck in the searching bit, never got past it. Tried Rein, Chism, Nofat builds, still nothing!

For my WiFi needs I m using an Apple MacMini (intel version) which works fine with other apps/games like DS browser and Animal crossing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :/

DSN

ricksta26ter
February 10th, 2007, 01:21
umm i dno if i wana. its taking forever to download

February 10th, 2007, 02:56
a

toymin80r
February 10th, 2007, 13:15
a

a? Whats that mean?

DSN
February 10th, 2007, 17:53
honestly guys... someone is askin for help and in response theres some guy saying I dunno if I wanna and another one typing an "a"

why do you even bother?!

I mean, I'd prefer to be ignored and have no responses rather than this nonsense...

I completely agree with toymin80r... what on earth does "a" mean...

Anyways, sorry about the rant but I think its 100% justified...
btw I m still tryin to figure out whats wrong with my BeUP installation, I even emailed HtheB for it, waitin for response..

DSN

souLLy
February 10th, 2007, 20:13
I personally use the firmware settings for beup i set up with mario kart ds, i think ds homebrew prefers you use the wifi settings in profile 1 of your wifi settings. That possibly doesn't help as you're trying to use custom settings...

DSN
February 10th, 2007, 20:36
I personally use the firmware settings for beup i set up with mario kart ds, i think ds homebrew prefers you use the wifi settings in profile 1 of your wifi settings. That possibly doesn't help as you're trying to use custom settings...

thnx for the response :)

thats what I was trying, as I had it set up with DS browser and Animal Crossing. I was trying to use custom settings in an attempt to make it connect but still was insisting trying the firmware settings (which should work anyways..)

Are you using that with a M3 simply or a M3 lite? Oh and what build are you using? (tried nofat and chism with no luck so far)

DSN

Dyson
February 11th, 2007, 20:16
It gets up to Sychronizing Contact List and then decides it won't get any further - or is it meant to take over 5 minutes?

toymin80r
February 11th, 2007, 20:26
It gets up to Sychronizing Contact List and then decides it won't get any further - or is it meant to take over 5 minutes?

What card are you using?

Dyson
February 11th, 2007, 22:26
I'm using an M3 Simply, with a 1gb MicroSD. Which of the files should I use? Nofat? Schism? I've tried both.

souLLy
February 12th, 2007, 10:13
I used the Chism(?) build personally and it worked fine. I have a DS Lite and used an M3 Simply (0.3 version of beup)

kurtless
February 13th, 2007, 04:21
It isn't working for my max media.Its a rar file,so I have to convert it to a nds file.But when i do it still doesnt work.Anybody know whats going on?

souLLy
February 13th, 2007, 07:10
you need winrar to extract the nds file from the rar...

kurtless
February 14th, 2007, 02:53
you need winrar to extract the nds file from the rar...

Okay I got winrar and I'm in the rar file.So what do I put in my ds?The chism,DragonM,or rein and rein16?

plz answer I'm this close(squeezes fingers)To getting it to work.:(

z4ch
February 16th, 2007, 04:50
cannot get avatars to work, tryed everything. any suggestions?

z4ch
February 16th, 2007, 06:26
or emoticons..

z4ch
February 16th, 2007, 06:26
-bump-

souLLy
February 16th, 2007, 07:50
-bump-

If you have a slot 1 card, yeah, avatars etc dont work yet. In the next version there will be dldi support so avatars will work in all versions of it.

Fat_Mike
February 17th, 2007, 01:00
Why call it a final fixed version if there's gonna be other version supporting DLDI?

DanTheManMS
February 17th, 2007, 01:52
Well, it was posted before DLDI even existed...

Cloud541
February 20th, 2007, 19:25
How do i reset the max media clock?
ANSER ASAP (BUISNESS PROBLUMS)

sorry for bag english

JellyBean101
February 20th, 2007, 22:50
Mine just says doing handshake and then loses the connection after a while :(

sundayx
February 21st, 2007, 10:28
having the same problem, forever handshake. searched everywhere and no support. R4, SSID, WEP, static IP, i dont seem to see what the problem can be.

JellyBean101
February 21st, 2007, 12:45
well my internet doesnt work on my ds at all so that could be the problem :(

z4ch
February 21st, 2007, 15:13
If you have a slot 1 card, yeah, avatars etc dont work yet. In the next version there will be dldi support so avatars will work in all versions of it.

when will this version be created?

falcon212
February 23rd, 2007, 14:17
is it only me or what, im using R4, the beup workin great, im using Crish one, BUT i cant save my login data? i know that we cant use avatar in R4 slot 1 but how about login data?

thanks

souLLy
February 23rd, 2007, 14:21
is it only me or what, im using R4, the beup workin great, im using Crish one, BUT i cant save my login data? i know that we cant use avatar in R4 slot 1 but how about login data?

thanks

For the same reasons above, you need to wait for a dldi version too. It is being worked on so you'll just have to hold tight too :)

falcon212
February 23rd, 2007, 14:47
patch the beup.nds with r4.dldi is useless isnt it? id did and nothing different LOL

HtheB
February 25th, 2007, 11:00
beup DLDI support.. :)
coming soon :) rly ^^

radracer01
March 11th, 2007, 02:01
great msn addon.. just a thought so.. didnt want to read 10 pages.. not sure if mentioned or not.. but are you going to enable mic/voice into this proggy of yours? would really be cool if you did...

elgoog
March 11th, 2007, 13:05
Im using SC SD and it works fine, the occasional problem connecting, but 90% of the time it connects fine, problem with to many conversations, you have to close down one of them to see the cintacts screen again

xdre3
March 12th, 2007, 00:29
do you need dswifi or anything

also, there are a bunch of files which ones do you use

i have an ezflash 4, just some extra info

mario-addicted
March 12th, 2007, 21:44
Ummm....... How Does This Work?? What Do You Need Other Than A Router and a DS?

Matroix
March 16th, 2007, 17:25
When I save the file it has no file type to save to ? do i jut save it then put it onto my R4?

Matroix
March 16th, 2007, 17:39
Im such a noob at this....damn it

MarkXI
March 19th, 2007, 02:36
Hi,

I used the following solution from this post.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55756&highlight=beup

The above mentioned enabled me to connect to the Internet and use beup successfully.

Pay attention to the 6th post.

BigJC1983
March 20th, 2007, 15:24
Newbie Question...Does BeUp connect you to your MSN account or is it like MSN? It would be awesome to use MSN IM off the DS!

BigJC1983
March 20th, 2007, 17:41
Newbie Question...Does BeUp connect you to your MSN account or is it like MSN? It would be awesome to use MSN IM off the DS!

lol...forget about it, got the info off another post

thejoose
April 14th, 2007, 14:11
Im gettng the SSL connect failed as well using an R4 version 1.08 software - i read on another forum that it can be caused by not using an @hotmail.com email address (i.e. @hotmail.co.uk or hotmail.de) but im using an @hotmail.com address and i still get it - anyone got any ideas?

dinoj
April 30th, 2007, 18:20
I get the same issue, "SSL connect failed" every time. I have not yet been able to login successfully.

Running Beup Live 0.3e and R4 with version 1.08

Are there known issues with this config?

DanTheManMS
April 30th, 2007, 18:33
I posted the link to a temporarily fixed version in another Beup thread, so searching for it on the forum here might work. I think I posted it on page 5 or so of a 5-6 page thread.

Hyrule_boy
May 4th, 2007, 16:29
Is there an way to use the Nintendo Wifi stick for this?

DanTheManMS
May 5th, 2007, 00:13
You'd have to install alternative drivers to make the Wifi stick act like a SoftAP. See http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10320 for some more details about this.

JJooDDeeEE
May 6th, 2007, 21:00
Hello there....
Come across this site via google
(Typed in 'beup' because I am interested in MSN on my Nintendo DS...)
Reading everything on various forums on different opinions, I have become v. confused over it.
It all seems very techinichal and perhaps not as simple as I hoped it would have been !!

Would anyone please speak me through it step by step... (what I need to do - install ect.)
All I have at this moment in time is a DS with games - nothing more.

I would very much apreciate if someone would help!

Thank you, Jodee.

JJooDDeeEE
May 6th, 2007, 21:01
Oh and I think I may need to tell you that I do have WiFi internet connection if thats what you need in order to make it work.

Thank you, Jodee.

imprompt
May 13th, 2007, 09:22
get it all working with my nintendo usb connector:)

the drawing part doesn't seem to work tho

ram0003
May 27th, 2007, 07:04
when ever i use beup it allways comes up as ssl connect failed evin when i hold it above the router can anyone plz help me

kirsten987
November 26th, 2007, 17:35
hi!

NickCole
December 9th, 2007, 10:20
I'm using Ewin2.

i patched the file already nd put the folder in my DS but it said it couldn't read the save file...i renamed the gba file into .sav.

that for the program tricked and it loads but then, it just shows a picture about the neoflash.com thing anf just stays there for like...forever...

can anyone help me?

donkeykevin
January 9th, 2008, 14:20
good job !thanx

Krystal
January 30th, 2008, 08:00
I'm having one hell of a time, used to use it back around R4DS Firmware 1.10~1.12 got the new 1.15 and no matter what i do works~!! password changed , nope, tried switching between routers? nope, Manually entering IP etc? Nope.
NOTHING~! anyone else having a prob w/ R4DS 1.15 (typical SSL Error)

deathrider09
February 9th, 2008, 15:02
yeah i keep getting th SSL error too and i want ot know how to fix it

cutmadass
February 9th, 2008, 19:20
got it all runing fine but no one comes up on the screen like frends and so on so what now

Cutiepie_81193
April 20th, 2008, 22:13
i downloaded this and it got past the handshake for he fast time bt got said SSL failure to connect. Now it gets stck at handshake . i now i am like 2 yrs late but what do i do?

Jay_PaRaDoX
April 21st, 2008, 02:58
Woah, this is a great aplication for my DS ^_^
Thanks!

GeEk_MaGiC
May 22nd, 2008, 08:51
hey i hav a ds lite with a m3ds real is slot 1 with a 1gb micro sd.

ive jus finishd tryin all subtitles in the beup 0.3 final. nd it gets stuck at doin handshake.

i want to connect to the wep at home. i changd the wirless router settins from wpa to wep 64 bit.

ive read through all forms nd tryd all solutions except the one were u put a game it coz i dont hav a game.

but if neone could help me plz ill b very greatful :)

fkhan
May 22nd, 2008, 11:10
I do not understand, when I see sooooo many thread/post regarding beup not working for them when it has worked for me whenever i try on my DS for around a year.

BTW, the version I have is 0.3e (I think). Try and search for that version, if not just PM peope if you want to try out my file and see if that help?

Good luck.

GeEk_MaGiC
May 22nd, 2008, 12:16
AWSOME!! thanks so mooooochhh!! lol

workd in 10 secs flat

people that r havin trouble get beup 0.3e if u havnt alredi

heres a link for yas

http://www.area-ds.com/htheb/Beup/Beup.html

Danief
May 24th, 2008, 17:43
we need WEP key support.

GeEk_MaGiC
May 27th, 2008, 07:12
we need WEP key support.

yes u need wep set on ur wireless router

mike3667
May 29th, 2008, 06:22
I've tried all of the methods and still,"SSL Connect Failed." Authentication Failed.

thaibandit
June 20th, 2008, 23:04
uuuh I search for a long time now but can some 1 tell me how fix SSL connect failed.

EDIT I found a work 1. now it works perfectly, link : http://www.digitalfractions.net/package.html?id=1

mene
July 1st, 2008, 11:46
The version that thaibandit posted stopped working for me all of a sudden. It worked perfectly before, now I'm getting SSL Connection Failed messages. Anyone else having this problem?

I also get this message after it fails to connect multiple times: "Connection to d2ef3641 failed."

lobbie
July 1st, 2008, 14:11
i having the SSL connection failed message too.. when i was trying to login just now. ._. hope there's a new update for that error soon ><

Greg1976
July 2nd, 2008, 11:55
Same. Two days ago, working fantastically, yesterday, ssl connection failed. Authentication failed. Looks like a few of us suffering, and growing. At a guess Microsoft have changed something server side beyond the realms the last Beup update, HtheB has made reference to a version of 0.4 of the amazing software in the works on his blog website, however it has had little update for many months. Mayhaps a friendly neighbourhood coder could dig up the source code and patch it up for the Beup loving community? (insert puppy dog eyes here)

falckner
July 2nd, 2008, 21:00
Yeah having the same problem for the past 2 days now too, also the htheb official site is down, so I'm wondering what's going on...

fmru
July 3rd, 2008, 01:17
2 day ago beup worked perfectly, now i can`t initiate session

madeinair
July 3rd, 2008, 20:28
Hello everyone, I have been able to aquire the official Beup 0.3 source code, i have even fixed it as it had an error in the code, the file of beup can be built but has an error when aquiring the authentication code from msn, i believe that it has something to do with where Beup transfers to and checks the data, This can allow all of us to build on Beup and improve it.
The file can be build by using normal build.bat found in palib examples or other files.
I wish that you will improve Beup.
File is at : http://rapidshare.com/files/126871542/beup_src.zip.html
Thank You!!!

fmru
July 4th, 2008, 05:33
I don't understand with the fila that you have uploaded, the beup iwill funtion??
I tried and still it dont work

madeinair
July 4th, 2008, 19:10
To make the file work beup_src, the folder has to be in the c: drive, it has to be somewhere where there are no spaces, i think that where you have put it is in the desktop, desktop is in folder Document and settings, it will not work if put in a folder where there are spaces, best thing to do is to put it in the c drive so it will be C:/Beup_src, to make the file build you need a build.bat, this file can be found in palib or palib examples, it can be found on most files which are not build yet, it is called (Build.Bat).
Hope this helped and if anyone can make this work, please make the keyboard bigger.
Good luck

fmru
July 5th, 2008, 06:56
Then I need to create the .nds file??

fabinhot
July 5th, 2008, 12:46
Hi all...
I made some changes in beup 0.3e source and I will compile it and test.

I'll give some feedback in a while if I'm not going to SuperBck SuperRock show! :P

BR!

Greg1976
July 5th, 2008, 12:54
The .NDS file should already be in the zip file made, aswell as the included source.

However it seems to be an older version of the source, "copyright 2006", whereas HtheB's 0.3e were "copyright 2007".

The contained NDS file does not work for me, it locks up at getting auth token straight after handshaking.

HtheB's site has been down for sometime, and Antonio Zeo's blog where he mentions beginning to rewrite it entirely for 0.4 has not been touched since the end of 2006. Which is a shame as it has been an absolutely awesome homebrew for the DS.

This SSL connection problem happened back mid 2007, when Microsoft changed the I.P's of their MSN servers. You only have to read earlier posts here and around to see. It was patched up by HtheB himself at the time, and worked again. It looks as though Microsoft have changed something again, as the problem is widespread.

madeinair
July 5th, 2008, 18:21
People, i hope what i gave you helped and you can access it, the problem of auth token is somewhere in the code, i belive that it checks from an old/wrong website, the only way is to go into the code and change the URL to the new live messenger, hope this helped.
Good luck and thanks

ocelot397
July 5th, 2008, 21:05
I really hope someone fixes this soon, I'm really starting to miss msn on my DS. :(

paultall90
July 5th, 2008, 21:13
yes me 2

fmru
July 6th, 2008, 05:36
If someone have the .nds that work, please upload it

CKY-2K
July 6th, 2008, 10:56
This is pissing me off. Why does Beup keep doing this crap?

madeinair
July 6th, 2008, 17:04
HEY!!
hi everyone, the problem is with the url, we should all try and do our part in fixing beup, im trying my best but i really do need peoples help, we should find a way to fix it even if you dont know about coding, im a noob but i still want beup on my ds as i miss it so im trying my best, we have to work this out and then we will get beup on ds which i am missing.
Hope you understand me and Thanks for everything!!!
BYE :)

Damiano
July 6th, 2008, 17:31
hi,
I'm a newbie too^^
but I found the new IP adresses of the MSN servers. I put them in the right file...
My problem is that I can't compile the beup src.

Can someone tell me how can I compile it??? please

A+

madeinair
July 6th, 2008, 18:19
Hey, Damiano, about compiling, put the Build.Bat file in the beup_src folder, if you dont have build.bat you can get it from palib examples, this is installed when you instal palib and can be found in any of palibs examples, just double click it after installing devkit pro and palib, tutorial of installing and learning coding can be found at http://www.palib.info/wiki/doku.php?id=day1, if you or anyone have any question i will do my best to answer although im not a coder or know anything but i will do my best to get MSN ON DS.. HEHE
Hope this helped Damiano!!!

Damiano
July 6th, 2008, 19:09
thx madeinair, I'll try with the build.bat file

Damiano
July 6th, 2008, 19:14
I tried with the build.bat and a lot of errors appeared

fmru
July 6th, 2008, 22:16
Hi.
Someone can tell me in in which file is the code that present the problem???
Maybe the file where the wrong ip adress is.

madeinair
July 6th, 2008, 22:55
Hey damiano, you should put the beup_src folder in the c drive, it wont build unless you put i t somewhere were there are no spaces, in the desktop is documents and settings which has spaces, best thing is put the folder on the c drive and see how it goes, hope this helped you, if there is anything u need help in i will help.
Later

madeinair
July 6th, 2008, 22:58
Hey, fmru, i am not sure where the problem is, i think it is in beup_src\src\arm9\source\msn.c++, i am not sure though, like 10 percent, try playing about with this file but i dont garuntee, im sorry but i am trying my best.
Thanks guys

fmru
July 7th, 2008, 04:58
Hey .
someone can confirm that these direction are correct:

#define Dispatch_IP IP(65,54,239,210)
#define Nexus_IP IP(65,54,179,228)
#define Passport_IP IP(65,54,183,198)
#define Msn_IP IP(65,54,131,249)

With the help of all we will find the solution.

Damiano
July 7th, 2008, 10:25
#define Dispatch_IP IP(207,46,28,93)
#define Nexus_IP IP(65,54,179,216)
#define Passport_IP IP(65,54,179,197)
#define Msn_IP IP(65,54,131,250)

I've found these Ip adresses.

Madeinair, if you have the beup_src folder, I give you the msn.cpp file and you try to compile it...

madeinair
July 7th, 2008, 13:23
Ok, someone send me the msn.cpp file and i will try and compile it, put it on rapidshare and i will tell you if it works and what happens, by the way, make sure you change the ip address to the correct one before giving me the msn.cpp file.
Thanks and hope it works!!

Damiano
July 7th, 2008, 13:38
http://rapidshare.com/files/127852822/beup_src_msn.cpp_.rar.html

that's the modified file. I hope you can compile it

madeinair
July 7th, 2008, 13:54
HEY, i compiled it and put it on the ds, im sorry but the same problem of getting stuck is there.
I think i know what the thing is, you know the real beup, it always says after this transfering to another server, maybe we have to make it jump to another server to get it to work, we have to find a way, anyone who has a file i will be ready to compile it and tell you the results.
Hope we fix this problem!!

Damiano
July 7th, 2008, 14:33
how did you do to compile???
If you tell me it, I won't stop to try to fix the bug before it works...

Or it remain a solution... Contact the creator

madeinair
July 7th, 2008, 15:15
To make it work, you should install Palib and devkit pro, you should also donwgrade devkit pro, all this can be found in http://www.palib.info/wiki/doku.php?id=day1, then you get the beup_src folder and put it on the c drive, and run the Build.Bat, this should work, any problem just tell me and i'll help.
Hope this works!!

Damiano
July 7th, 2008, 15:54
I always have the same problem,
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/9314/errorby4.th.jpg (http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorby4.jpg)

madeinair
July 7th, 2008, 17:06
Damiano, download this file: http://rapidshare.com/files/127896450/resources.cpp.html,
and put resources.cpp in ,\beup_src\src\arm9\source, put it there and it will be with the rest of the code, overwrite the original resources.cpp with the one i gave you now.
See how this works and i am sure it will fix it, any problems just tell me, okey!!

Damiano
July 7th, 2008, 17:32
madeinair you are the best, thx it works...

madeinair
July 7th, 2008, 17:54
hehe, no problem :), lets try and fix this now, if you need any help, just tell me and i will be happy to help, if you find anything just share it, okey!!!
Lets bring back MSN on the DS, hehe
Good luck!

madeinair
July 7th, 2008, 23:40
Hey, Damiano, we should find out were the error is and try and solve it, if you find where the problem is, tell me and i will try and do more to fix it.
Hope we try and fix it

mene
July 8th, 2008, 00:05
Can't someone just post a link to an .nds file that's already been compiled? It would probably be a lot simpler that way, especially if Damiano has a working copy now.

fmru
July 8th, 2008, 06:18
We can do a list.
What is the probably cause of the problem???

Damiano
July 8th, 2008, 08:49
I think the problem is that the msn Servers changed their Ip adresses (dispatch serv, nexus serv, passport serv...).

I try to changed them in the msn.cpp, but what I can't understand is that the first dispatch is 207,46,28,77 and the second 65,54,239,210

//#define Dispatch_IP IP(207,46,28,77)
//#define Nexus_IP IP(65,54,179,228)
//#define Passport_IP IP(65,54,183,198)
//#define Msn_IP IP(65,54,131,249)
/*servers
65.54.239.20*/

#define Nexus_IP IP(65,54,179,228)
#define Passport_IP IP(65,54,183,198)
#define Msn_IP IP(65,54,131,249)

the problem might be the msn ssl certificates... good luck to find them

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 15:52
I am trying my best to understand it, i am researching and if i make it work i shall notify you, btw, try finding out what ip msn use, that way we can play about with it.

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 16:10
I am trying my best to understand it, i am researching and if i make it work i shall notify you, btw, try finding out what ip msn use, that way we can play about with it.

legssmit
July 8th, 2008, 18:02
hi guys,

its great that youre trying to fix beup live, good luck.

from what i understand, the passport server or/and the msn server IPs are the problem. we can rule out the dispatch server, because beup is connecting to that one just fine.

i am not at my home pc right know, maybe someone can do a trace to the msn servers to find out the ip adress ???

EDIT: this maybe handy...http://www.dslreports.com/faq/9452

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 18:50
Hey, lefssmit, i can be able to fix it with your help, all i need to know is the ip address of servers that are used by msn messenger, you know like 95,57,94,207, like that, its ok if u cant find but if you do, it should be easier to fix, i cant garuntee it though, but i am trying my best.

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 18:52
BTW, Damiano,
//#define Dispatch_IP IP(207,46,28,77)
//#define Nexus_IP IP(65,54,179,228)
//#define Passport_IP IP(65,54,183,198)
//#define Msn_IP IP(65,54,131,249)
/*servers
65.54.239.20*/
, these are just quotes and comments, they are not part of the code, maybe the programmed made this as a remionder or clue on what to do next.

Damiano
July 8th, 2008, 18:53
I got them by pinging...
#define Passport_IP IP(65,54,179,197)
#define Msn_IP IP(65,54,131,250)

I think there is a problem with the SSL certificate
http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/notification/authentication.php

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 18:55
Im testing them now, it looks like all of us are looking at this thread, well, i will tell u as soon as i finish testing.
hope its good news

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 19:00
Im coding on the script right now, im finding out where exactly the error is and how to fix it, i really hope what i am trying now works.
Fingers crossed

Damiano
July 8th, 2008, 19:01
the lines whitout the // aren't comments???

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 19:03
It seems like it still gets stuck at asking for authentication token, the problem is that i am unsure if the ip address is correct and if the problem is somewhere else on the code, if anyone finds something, please tell me.

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 19:04
// = comment
without // = script it self

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 19:08
People, im getting suspicious of this
#define Nexus_Start "GET /rdr/pprdr.asp HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"
#define Passport_GET "GET %s HTTP/1.1\r\n"\
"Authorization: Passport1.4 OrgVerb=GET,OrgURL=http://messenger.msn.com,sign-in=%s,pwd=%s,%s\r\n"\
"Host: login.passport.com\r\n\r\n"
I cant really understand it, but i think it is going to an old server which is closed now, if anyone can help it is greatly appreciated.
It looks like the url is going to another old server, if anyone can find this code http://messenger.msn.com,sign-in=%s,pwd=%s,%s\r\n"\, but for the new server maybe i will be able to fix it.

Damiano
July 8th, 2008, 19:20
here http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/notification/authentication.php
you can get informations about MSN servers look maybe you understand more than me

Damiano
July 8th, 2008, 19:30
It seems like it still gets stuck at asking for authentication token, the problem is that i am unsure if the ip address is correct and if the problem is somewhere else on the code, if anyone finds something, please tell me.

when I try to connect I have the SSL fail

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 19:32
People, i really need help in this, we all need msn back on the ds and we need to find a way to fix this, we need to work hard, i dont know any c and i am trying so hard, so please people try your hardest.
Hope you understand!

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 19:34
Hey, Damiano, You know what do u exactly run, the file that you compile from beup_src, if that then give me the whole beup_src, the original beup says ssl connect failed, but this one gets stuck at takning auth token, if the beup that you compiled from the source code says ssl fail, then that is good news because it makes it much easier as we would skip the part of getting auth token.

Damiano
July 8th, 2008, 19:47
I compiled the src with the Ip adresses that I gave you

madeinair
July 8th, 2008, 21:05
I compiled it too, but it did not work, it kept getting stuck at asking for authentication, maybe it has to do with something else in the code, i really dont know but we are very close to fixing this, hope we get it right soon so we can have msn back on the ds.

fabinhot
July 9th, 2008, 00:22
I want to have more time to see this but I cant.

So please, can any one check the error that the beup return about ssl?

Just add the function SSL_get_error() and print the result.

If we know the erro we can know what is causing it.

The returned errors are here: http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_get_error.html

Please modify msn.cpp around line 996

"
int size, status, erro;
int response, passSock;
sockaddr_in addr;
char *str;
int ip;
char erro_buf[5];

debug->append(strRep("MsnPassConnected"));

status=SSL_connect(ssl);

if (status != SSL_SUCCESS) {

erro = SSL_get_error(ssl, status);
debug->append(itoa(erro, erro_buf, 10), ErrColor);

debug->append(strRep("MsnSSLConnectFailed"), ErrColor);
notState = State_AuthFailed;
"

legssmit
July 9th, 2008, 00:46
could someone please post the new ip adresses of the msn servers ??

to bad HtheB isnt helping ....

fmru
July 9th, 2008, 05:57
Maybe we can contact with the autor of the code for some advice.
Someone have his e-mail?

Damiano
July 9th, 2008, 09:41
could someone please post the new ip adresses of the msn servers ??

to bad HtheB isnt helping ....

to find the Ip adresses you have to ping the servers.

dispatch: messenger.hotmail.com

nexus: nexus.passport.com

passport: login.passport.com

legssmit
July 9th, 2008, 13:29
wouldnt it be better to update beup to connect to the dns instead of an hardcoded ip adress ???

madeinair
July 9th, 2008, 13:50
If anyone has the ip address of the msn servers then i can find a way to change, the problem is i dont understand the code and maybe we might need to contact HtheB to help or fix it, this is really difficult.
Hope it gets fixed soon

Damiano
July 9th, 2008, 14:41
another problem, tomorrow I'm going to go to Italy for 11 days, there I haven't got any computer...

madeinair
July 9th, 2008, 15:01
Its okay Damiano, im going to work hard and find a way to fix this, you have fun in italy, i hear the weather there is great, hehe, have fun damiano.:)

Damiano
July 9th, 2008, 15:09
thank's & good luck, I think the best solution is to contact Htheb...

Deathmore
July 9th, 2008, 16:34
I contacted Htheb like a few days back and yesterday he replied "comming soon :-)". So baisicly he's fixing it atm.

I contacted his youtube account

madeinair
July 9th, 2008, 16:58
thats good, i really hope HtheB makes the keyboard bigger, can anyone ask him to do that, and if he needs any pictures of big keyboard then i can help and make one.

Damiano
July 9th, 2008, 17:41
thats good, i really hope HtheB makes the keyboard bigger, can anyone ask him to do that, and if he needs any pictures of big keyboard then i can help and make one.

remake a keyboard is easier than fix a ssl fail, I think^^

madeinair
July 9th, 2008, 23:19
Can you ask HtheB when the new working Beup will be released, i cant wait to have msn back on the DS. :)

fmru
July 10th, 2008, 06:21
Someone talk with HtheB and tell him about this post.
For his know knowledge.

madeinair
July 10th, 2008, 14:40
If anyone gets the new working beup without the ssl connect failed, can u put it up on this thread, its because i always check this thread, same goes for me, if there is any news i will put it up on the thread.
Thanks everyone

legssmit
July 10th, 2008, 17:08
of course :)

madeinair
July 11th, 2008, 12:09
I can't wait for the new beup release, i hope he releases a working sourcecode so people can imoprove and modify it, beup is so cool and useful. heh

cliffmidnite
July 12th, 2008, 00:13
A new working version of this program would be awesome! I too am unable to connect.

madeinair
July 12th, 2008, 16:21
Hey, i found some features that will be in Beup 0.4, good news is that HtheB is working on it.
This news was posted by HtheB, msn looks so cool, have a look.
I'm scaling back a lot of features, because I'm rewriting much of the stuff. Basically, the code right now is a royal mess, and given that I'll be completely moving from C to C++, I hope that in the process of the objectification of my code it'll gain more stability.

So the new motto shall be:
Stability over featuritis!

So there won't be any protocol updates in 0.4.

Stuff you can forget about:
- Live stuff
- User comments
- Animated downloadable icons
- Offline messages
- Listening to mp3s
- Beup getting you a girlfriend. That feature was always broken.
- More unicode support.

I'll be moving to libfat completely. I'm tired of having to compile with the 80 different libraries of the day. And you can also forget about the NoFAT version. If your card isn't supported, too bad. Complain to your distributor. I'm not spending nights awake debugging because your card manufacturer doesn't care about homebrew.

Stuff I will add:
- Add / delete users / confirm invitations
- See online / offline users
- Manage users in groups / by connection status / so on
- GUI revamping. Obligatory, since I've been doing that for every version since .1
- Skins. Almost every widget will be skinnable. Almost every window has an individual background.
- New font engine. Fonts are now 7k in size but contain much fewer characters. In exchange, you can put about 40 fonts in your system.

Stuff I'm taking away:
- dsType. Too buggy for the stable release I'm expecting. So bye bye subpixel antialiased fonts.

And some other stuff to keep you in suspense.But since nobody reads this anyway, I'm not sure it'll be of any work.

legssmit
July 12th, 2008, 16:37
looks great...hope he will release it soon.
i think so, because we (the netherlands) have vacantion :)

falckner
July 12th, 2008, 20:19
I hope he fizes the problem with ebuddy, cuz Beup crashes when you talk to someone with ebuddy.

Im also from the netherlands and Im gettin bored without beup :P

dualaction
July 12th, 2008, 22:40
People, we all need beup, i posted a long time ago the beup sourcecode, even if you dont know how to code, we can try and fix it, look at my past posts and see.
If fixing beup is very hard, then there are Palib tutorials which teach you how to make nds files and code, even how to connect to http, im trying my best to fix or make one, we should spread the word, it looks like HtheB gave up on beup a long time ago, and this is bad news because beup will not be fixed, the only thing to do is for us to try and fix it and share it with everyone.
Hope you understand and try and fix it!!!

newbie420
July 12th, 2008, 23:08
how do i open thees files i use winzip and when it opens it asks for a name and gives me another zip file and i try to open that one and it gives me another zip file whats going on?

Greg1976
July 13th, 2008, 00:51
Hey, i found some features that will be in Beup 0.4, good news is that HtheB is working on it.
This news was posted by HtheB, msn looks so cool, have a look.

Whoa, are you referring to this blog? http://akzeac.blogspot.com/
This was actually written by Beup's creater and coder Kevinc\Antonio Zea, and I'm sorry to say it was posted back in 2006.

HtheB's name is given a bit too much credit for what beup is. You can find more information about this here: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4121.msg28597.html#msg28597 there is one suggestion that the source of his code was never released because it was basically the original with his name slapped on it.

I think the only people really working on a fix to the current Beup problem are the people above in this thread.

Researching all the NDS dev forums, the last time this problem occurred, it was actually patched up by someone named "frigolit": http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showthread.php?p=38097 The most recent version going around was actually the version he patched. I am not entirely sure, but i believe he decompiled the most recent version at the time and patched in the new i.p. addresses. Reading further, the problem was the passport server, although it said "Done" after connecting to the passport server, it was not actually connecting to it and timing out.

This is Microsoft kb's most recent listing as to some Live messenger addresses: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927847

for those who were recompiling with different i.p. addresses, i also spent a bit of time looking into the authentication process of msn messenger. above damiano mentiones the passport server as login.passport.net, however info I have turned up mentions that another one is loginnet.passport.com, leading to a diff i.p. address. http://www.fanatic.net.nz/2003/09/15/ssl-authentication/5/ information on that page also shows that there is a diff authentication server for those who have msn addresses as opposed to hotmail ones, perhaps a reason why those with msn addresses had trouble with beup.

legssmit
July 13th, 2008, 13:38
seems like you did your homework :)
seriously, good job

falckner
July 13th, 2008, 19:30
so, what we do now? xD

I need beup guys!

madeinair
July 13th, 2008, 19:35
Well, we cant fix beup, the only option is to make a small simple msn program for the ds, i think palib is the best suited as it makes it easy, i dont know anything about programing and i am a newbie, but maybe if people who know alot about programing or if we come together and gather how to conenct to the notification server and everything, we can create a new msn messenger for the ds, this can be a group project as all of you, including me want msn back on the ds.
What do u think guys, should we make a new msn for the ds!!!

legssmit
July 13th, 2008, 22:51
that would be a sh*tload of work you know...

im in :)

Clodoaldo-N
July 13th, 2008, 23:17
We really gotta do something. Let's contact the BeUp creator to aks him to make it work. Or make a petition online to interest him. *.*

madeinair
July 14th, 2008, 11:21
Well, who is going to contact HtheB, and i think he gave up the project a long time ago, anyway, we need to contact him and see what happens, in worst casses we will make a new msn, its hard but it is possible to make a simple one.

madeinair
July 14th, 2008, 17:08
I've contacted HtheB on his youtube, im not sure if he will send back but if he did, i will post the whole message!!

Clodoaldo-N
July 14th, 2008, 21:44
I've contacted HtheB on his youtube, im not sure if he will send back but if he did, i will post the whole message!!

Thanks you, dude. Hope it works. :)

oX.Zelda.Xo
July 15th, 2008, 17:02
im so confused how do you install this thing??
if anyine could help me that would be great!!

madeinair
July 15th, 2008, 20:15
Look at my past posts, i explained everything on how to compile it, just look at them and if you have any problems see if people asked it before, if you cant find anything then i can help ya.

jimmyat1993
July 16th, 2008, 17:04
how to get msn on your ds

fmru
July 17th, 2008, 05:17
The problem is with the authentication SSL, we need a Certificate Authority(CA) to can initiate session.
If someone have more information post it please.

madeinair
July 17th, 2008, 16:07
I think i found where the problem is, i am not sure, i am currently working on how to fix it, i think it is a server problem in msn and i am redirecting it to another server which msn switched on, i might not be able to use dns but i will keep updating it, i just wish i can fix it, pls give me as much information as possible

Apache Thunder
July 17th, 2008, 22:10
Someone needs to post up the updated list of IPs for each relevent server.

Also I think the certificate simply needs to be updated. I downloaded the latest version of cyassl (the open soucre library for the SSL code stuff) and found a "certificat hash" typish thing in the pem files. This matches the format of the certificate hash in the same msn.cpp file that the IPs are stored in. I have updated the file with the new certificate (which does indeed differ from the old one), and will recompile it.

However if I do not have the currect IPs, this will just be a huge ass waste of time. So someone please update me/us on the working IPs.

madeinair
July 17th, 2008, 22:16
Hey, Apache, you wanted the IP address of some websites, tell me the websites that you want the ip address of and i will give you, an example is maybe messenger.whatever.com, if you send me that, then i will give u the Ip address, make sure the website works though, i will try my best to give you the IP address of the website.

Apache Thunder
July 17th, 2008, 22:56
The problem is, is that I have to be sure I'm getting ips from the correct server names and replacing the correct IPs. I know the IP for the Passwort and MSN servers, However I have no clue where to find the Dispatch and Nexus server names.

madeinair
July 17th, 2008, 23:06
As i see it, the dispatch server works fine, because it does the handshake properly, BUT, Nexus server is down for some reason, you can even try nexus.passport.com, i am not sure though, i think nexus server has transfered somewhere else, the other thing that makes me say nexus is the thing wreking it up, is that the beup sourcecode gets stuck right before transfering to another server, Nexus transfers the client to another server so beup must be getting stuck at nexus, hope this information helped you!!!

legssmit
July 18th, 2008, 00:11
the last time the msn servers moved and the ssl connect failed error occured, someone fixed it by updating the passport server ip if i recall correcty...

Apache Thunder
July 18th, 2008, 00:36
These are the IPs I am currently using. the dispatch IP HAS CHANGED in respect to the original IP used in the 0.3 source code.

#define Dispatch_IP IP(65,54,239,20)
#define Passport_IP IP(65,54,183,197)
#define Msn_IP IP(65,4,15,61)

(I couldn't use the CODE tags, it screwed up the way it displays)

I now get all the way to the SSL part and still get the SSL authentication error, so its not the certificate.

I have tried all possible IPs that MSN could be using and got the same SSL error (I even restored back to the original SSL certificate that was in the source code).

So its not the certificate and its not the ip settings.

Greg1976
July 18th, 2008, 03:24
It may still be the IPs. That or the version of the MSN protocol that Beup supports, is not supported by Microsoft servers anymore, which I haven't seen anything official saying so. They are up to MSNP15 atm with WLM I think, Beup uses MSNP9, a shade above the MSNP(rotocol)8 that I believe is the lowest still supported.

When a client connects with the msn servers and begins the connection process, after initial "handshaking" and deciding on a protocol to both use, the MSN servers actually send the i.p. address of a passport server to connect to. Beup itself doesn't pick this up and use it, but instead uses the hard coded methodolgy we can see in the source. I am wondering if the servers send back different IPs depending on whichever protocol that client proposes it can use.

I don't have the coding nous yet to have Beup spew out that information (that it is receiving from the msn servers) on the screen to verify we are using, or have the right passport server I.P.

I was trying the other way around, wireless packet sniffing to pluck the tcp information as it travels between router and DS however that is seeming to be more quite a convoluted process.

madeinair
July 19th, 2008, 16:15
The best thing i think is for us to do a new msn client, at least that way we will know where everything is, so that next time they change the ip we can do it easily, we can use palib to start it, but i dont know any programming so i need serious help, we can make the interface and the program as simple as possible, even without Display pictures, just text, if we do that then we will make a new msn, we must try hard and i know that it is possible to do, as HtheB created the wonderfull beup.

Greg1976
July 20th, 2008, 01:28
The best thing i think is for us to do a new msn client, at least that way we will know where everything is, so that next time they change the ip we can do it easily, we can use palib to start it, but i dont know any programming so i need serious help, we can make the interface and the program as simple as possible, even without Display pictures, just text, if we do that then we will make a new msn, we must try hard and i know that it is possible to do, as HtheB created the wonderfull beup.

Antonio Zea aka Kevinc created and coded Beup. HtheB created a skin, added dldi patch, and plastered his name all over it and tried to win the neoflash competition with it. According to Kevinc himself, there was virtually no change to the source.
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4121.msg28597.html#msg28597 < very interesting reading.

I think you are spot on with the idea for a redesign, one that separates the client from the connection code to make it more updateable as Microsoft will continue to make old protocols obsolete, and change servers at a whim.

As to the desire for most up to date source code for Beup, the latest source available is not too far off the version last released by HtheB , the only real difference I can see is the addition of a splash screen (a requirement to enter neoflash competition) and the clock fix. As to functionality it gets to exactly the same point as the non source released version, SSL Authentication failed.

Now, Frigolit, the guy who updated the i.p. addresses last time this happened, in April 2007, has been working on it, changing i.p. addresses and ssl certificated with out much luck. I would like to know how he does it, as I think he is doing it onthe main file or at least the binaries, as he has mentioned not having access to the source of the latest version, yet his release was a patched version of it. >
http://www.digitalfractions.net/

Kapuran
July 20th, 2008, 01:59
Hi, apologies if this doesn't help at all, but I was thinking...

There are programs out there for PC like Trillian and the like which you input your MSN information (and various other IM accounts information) into and it connects you to your IM accounts. While it's not the same thing, don't those programs require the same information as you do in order to connect to MSN? Maybe there's a way to figure out what you need to connect with Beup by looking at those things, if any are open source, or if any of the coders want to talk about it.

Good luck to those trying to repair MSN on the DS!

csq7
July 20th, 2008, 13:00
so does msn on ds work or not? im confused...

Electric
July 20th, 2008, 20:18
Wait , so i have been following this thread since it started. I thought madeinair was going to fix it , with a whole new release? he had a list of things he was going to do. and if you read back in the forum you see people have posted info about the msn servers. Look back and you might find something that would help . :P

Electric
July 20th, 2008, 23:58
Oh and i was looking and i found this
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93277&st=0&p=1254856&#entry1254856
Looks like he might be doing something...

madeinair
July 21st, 2008, 11:44
The problem is that i dont know anything about c++ and i wish i did know, the other problem is that i looked everywhere for the ip or url of the new servers but it seems that no one knows, on the other hand, pidgin still works even though it was build before the error of ssl connection, i think pidgin used something called dns which locates the ip and automatically changes it, the only problem now is that beup was not made for dns and automatic ip, this means that we have to change all beup source meaning make a new one because all the files depend on each other, this means that we have to make a new one but now the thing is that i dont know how to make one, if anyone knows alot about programing then this can be done, other than that i think there is nothing to do than use a computer for msn.:(

Greg1976
July 21st, 2008, 13:30
..on the other hand, pidgin still works even though it was build before the error of ssl connection, i think pidgin used something called dns which locates the ip and automatically changes it,..(

Pidgin and other working, non-microsoft clients don't use DNS for the passport server. After you connect to the initial server and handshake, giving user details and client information, msn servers then sent back a message directing you to the i.p. address of a server to authenticate. now Beup was never coded to extricate this address and use it, as newer clients do, but instead use the hardcoded I.P.s we are all used to seeing, which have had to be manually changed.

An excellent resource for MSNProtocol is: http://msnpiki.msnfanatic.com/index.php/MSNP8:Authentication it describes in great detail all the current protocols in use, including MSNP9, a variation of MSNP8, which Beup reports to use.

Electric
July 21st, 2008, 21:23
Oh okay.. I know some one who knows some C++ and he might be able to get beup to look for DNS. I downloaded the file you posted that was the beup_src , i don't know anything about c++, but can that file be edited to search for DNS?

fmru
July 22nd, 2008, 05:32
I know about C++
We need to know what is the problem!!

Electric
July 22nd, 2008, 19:10
lol, you need to make beup search for dns. if you read the forum (not all 25 pages) but just go back to like the 20th page and read , you will get a good understanding about what the problem is.

legssmit
July 22nd, 2008, 21:27
and thats not the whole problem...even if you get beup to connect to the right ip adresses, it (seems like it) still doesnt work...

Electric
July 23rd, 2008, 02:42
Well i noticed that HtheB is doing something , i was reading back in the forum
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45927&page=20

I don't know if that is real or not ? but it gives some hope.

madeinair
July 23rd, 2008, 16:13
People, the only thing we can do is make a new msn client for the ds, i have found a program that works and connects to msn, we need to find a way to connect to msn and the file is here: http://rapidshare.com/files/131871296/MSN_Connection.zip.html,
you can see for yourself, this program works and i give you the sourcecode, it took along time to find it, but you should look at the sourcecode and understand it, then try and copy it on palib and try to atleast connect to msn, this is the best option for us.

devriley50755
July 24th, 2008, 00:02
Honestly madeinair, as much as you want to get MSN on the DS back, you don't seem to be contributing much... I mean, you said it yourself, you don't have any idea how to make a program, but you are pretty much trying to be the leader of the people who know (somewhat) what they're doing. I know, I shouldn't be saying anything, but still.

Anyways, hopefully we get MSN on the DS back!

Clodoaldo-N
July 24th, 2008, 01:23
Hey guys, I'm one of most interested to get our BeUp back to work. I've contacted HtheB, and I'm waiting for him to respond. Well, I know programming in C#, and I'm learning how to program for the DS. I've installed the Dev-Kit and already get my ''Hello World'' working pretty well. =D

fmru
July 24th, 2008, 05:26
Could you tell us how to do the "hello world" in the ds???