PDA

View Full Version : Wii is "more of a novelty", says Sony

wraggster
December 14th, 2006, 17:04
Not uncommon for the company, Sony has once again talked down the competition this morning, calling Nintendo's Wii a "novelty".

The comments come from SCEA's senior director of corporate communications Dave Karraker, who in an interview with the Wall Street Journal said "We feel very confident that the PlayStation fan is going to wait until they can get a PlayStation 3. If they do pick up a Wii, it's as more of a novelty."

Of course back at this year's E3 show (RIP) in May, Sony was praising Nintendo for its console's bold new direction, but we're sure the phenomenal European launch numbers has forced the company to change its tune.

The PlayStation 3 is officially penned for launch in Europe in March 2007.
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=151764)

PSPFR3AK
December 14th, 2006, 17:11
whats novelty?

steve-b
December 14th, 2006, 17:13
I do agree with that. Only reason I'm thinking about a Wii is 'cause the damn ps3 aint out yet. The Wii does seem like the ultimate eye toy :)

dejkirkby
December 14th, 2006, 17:19
Sheer arrogance. Sony must believe the consumers will take anything they say as fact. Jackasses!

ExcruciationX
December 14th, 2006, 17:35
A novelty? Their just mad, because PS3 isn't selling.

irongiant
December 14th, 2006, 17:35
Sheer arrogance. Sony must believe the consumers will take anything they say as fact. Jackasses!

Well i think they're partly right, the new controller is a novelty as it's a way of playing the same old games in a different way. What the Wii needs to stop it being just a novelty is top quality games like Zelda that have plenty of depth and where the controller is integrated nicely into the game and not just the only reason to play the game.

ElRazur
December 14th, 2006, 20:55
whats novelty?

Something you get for the sake of it and wont last long....For example all those singing fluffy toys you get on a trip to another country with built in batteries etc. Once you are done with them you get rid of it - it has ran it's course.....

That's my understanding anyway.

As for Sony, i think they might have a point but time will tell.

PSPFR3AK
December 14th, 2006, 21:35
Something you get for the sake of it and wont last long....For example all those singing fluffy toys you get on a trip to another country with built in batteries etc. Once you are done with them you get rid of it - it has ran it's course.....

That's my understanding anyway.

As for Sony, i think they might have a point but time will tell.

:rofl: true , true

i mean people buy wii mainly for zelda
last zelda i played was OOT and i finished it once and i tryed to finish it again but i got bored
and zelda TP is not better than OOT
so yeah
i expect a lot of wii's reselled back to stores
nintendo failed with wii harder and faster than they did with GC

dejkirkby
December 14th, 2006, 21:47
Well i think they're partly right, the new controller is a novelty as it's a way of playing the same old games in a different way. What the Wii needs to stop it being just a novelty is top quality games like Zelda that have plenty of depth and where the controller is integrated nicely into the game and not just the only reason to play the game.

But what if this controller is less of novelty, and more of a revolutionary way to play games.

SSaxdude
December 14th, 2006, 22:26
Lets see: the DS is outselling the PSP, and the Wii is outselling the PS3.
I guess people like noveltys.

C0R3F1GHT3R
December 14th, 2006, 22:47
But what if this controller is less of novelty, and more of a revolutionary way to play games.
yea it helps people get off their fat lazy A$$'s for a change! Do they also have a traditional controller cause im not all for this new remote control thing they got for it... i like the original game pad idea, this whole "move the controller to move" like ps3 has and crap is kinda dumb i think, because u hafta adapt to the whole thing.

Cap'n 1time
December 14th, 2006, 23:17
Lets see: the DS is outselling the PSP, and the Wii is outselling the PS3.
I guess people like noveltys.

either that, or it isnt a novelty and sony is using smear tactics like grade school kids running for class president (or any politician right now in the US for that matter).

Junixx
December 14th, 2006, 23:39
Tsk tsk....I think a company is jealous :rofl:

gunntims0103
December 14th, 2006, 23:45
nintendo and its approach to the way you "play" the game is a revolution far beyond its time.

Whats the most inovative thing that ps3 did?

Nothing really its just a suped up ps2 with the ability for home devs to make there own programs and have connectivity with the psp, which isnt a big deal...

wii rocks

ps3 well just isnt doing it for me....

alienanthropologist
December 15th, 2006, 01:36
I like novelties.

TacticalBread
December 15th, 2006, 01:44
nintendo and its approach to the way you "play" the game is a revolution far beyond its time.

Whats the most inovative thing that ps3 did?

Nothing really its just a suped up ps2 with the ability for home devs to make there own programs and have connectivity with the psp, which isnt a big deal...

wii rocks

ps3 well just isnt doing it for me....

That's because Sony is stupid, and focuses purely on graphics.

Nintendo has actually added something to the way people play games. First the touch screen, and now the Wiimote.

Sony is just in denial that they are losing the console war this time around. No one can beat the Wii. :D

gunntims0103
December 15th, 2006, 01:53
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/pspnaruto/Karate_Kid_Owned.jpg

nuff said....

homebrew1973
December 15th, 2006, 10:59
Wasn`t it Sony that also said the DS was a gimmick? And we all know what happened next....

Regardless which console you have, as long as you enjoy playing it`s games then carry on playing :-)

1stvinicius
December 15th, 2006, 11:40
wii sucks, ps3 rocks. flawless victory + fatality. simple like that. box 360 rules, wii still sucks. simple too.

ps3 X box360 ? -> ps wins.

PSPFR3AK
December 15th, 2006, 11:48

sorry but i see the "wii" controller like...a wireless light gun and i have one

MikeDX
December 15th, 2006, 12:05
sorry but i see the "wii" controller like...a wireless light gun and i have one

I see all kinds of people playing the wii from young to old, boys and girls

the only people I see playing ps2 and ps3 are young boys...

Darksaviour69
December 15th, 2006, 12:12
i was surprised how small the wiimote was....

shadowprophet
December 15th, 2006, 12:20
They have dug thereselves into a hole they cant get out of.

#1 the massive rejection of the psp fan base because of sonys lack of careing.

#2 there less the noble add campaigns, where sony was cought in bold faced lies.

#3 sonys arrogant attitude has alienated there entire fan base to some degree, product brand and loyalty go hand in hand. without fan base loyalty. a product will fail. period.

#4 you cant just up the antee and the general assumption of what is an acceptible price for a console by adding features no one asked for and most dont even need, and expect that to be a popular console.

Sony has really droped the ball this time. and i hope nintendo picks it up..

irongiant
December 15th, 2006, 12:55
They have dug thereselves into a hole they cant get out of.

That's it jump on the bandwagon and over exagerate.

So are you an expert in how joe public perceives the Playstation brand as they're the people that really matter.

#1 the massive rejection of the psp fan base because of sonys lack of careing.

What massive rejection? Sony have every right to protect their product, the only rejection is from people who think homebrew is a god given right and those who'd rather play ISO's than actually spend money.

#2 there less the noble add campaigns, where sony was cought in bold faced lies.

Big deal, they've obviously hired crap marketing agencies.

#3 sonys arrogant attitude has alienated there entire fan base to some degree, product brand and loyalty go hand in hand. without fan base loyalty. a product will fail. period.

Their entire fanbase? Get real, the biggest percentage of the Playstation fanbase are those that don't read sites like this and couldn't care less what rubbish Sony execs spout. All they care about is buying games like FIFA and Need4Speed.

#4 you cant just up the antee and the general assumption of what is an acceptible price for a console by adding features no one asked for and most dont even need, and expect that to be a popular console.

The price is high now, it will come down over time. If you can't afford it then don't buy one, simple economics. Where is it written that a console can't be more than £300?

Sony has really droped the ball this time. and i hope nintendo picks it up..

Nintendo will do well regardless of Sony and Microsoft. The only company that may pick up the ball is Microsoft.

shadowprophet
December 15th, 2006, 13:18
That's it jump on the bandwagon and over exagerate.

So are you an expert in how joe public perceives the Playstation brand as they're the people that really matter.

What massive rejection? Sony have every right to protect their product, the only rejection is from people who think homebrew is a god given right and those who'd rather play ISO's than actually spend money.

Big deal, they've obviously hired crap marketing agencies.

Their entire fanbase? Get real, the biggest percentage of the Playstation fanbase are those that don't read sites like this and couldn't care less what rubbish Sony execs spout. All they care about is buying games like FIFA and Need4Speed.

The price is high now, it will come down over time. If you can't afford it then don't buy one, simple economics. Where is it written that a console can't be more than £300?

Nintendo will do well regardless of Sony and Microsoft. The only company that may pick up the ball is Microsoft.

Calm peaceful meadows,
pretty butterflys with purple spots.
orange slushys..

nope its not working, your attidite is just irritating man. take a chill pill .

ElRazur
December 15th, 2006, 14:05
Why do every debate turn into a "oh my god sony sucks"....? This is getting boring now.

irongiant
December 15th, 2006, 16:09
Calm peaceful meadows,
pretty butterflys with purple spots.
orange slushys..

nope its not working, your attidite is just irritating man. take a chill pill .

I'm totally chilled 'man' .. what irritates me is people talking crap and jumping on the let's slate Sony bandwagon in every thread possible, as you tend to do so well. I agree Sony have been complete pillocks lately but people like you can't resist going way over the top.

Oh and people who can't even spell. Oh and don't get me started on your picture :eek:

shadowprophet
December 15th, 2006, 16:17
I'm totally chilled 'man' .. what irritates me is people talking crap and jumping on the let's slate Sony bandwagon in every thread possible, as you tend to do so well. I agree Sony have been complete pillocks lately but people like you can't resist going way over the top.

Oh and people who can't even spell. Oh and don't get me started on your picture :eek:

I used to be a huge supporter of sony too.
Its really not like a bangwagon im jumping on.

I come from the same place you do. i was a huge sony fan, But the lack of great third pary support for the psp really dissapointed me :(

And there where a few articles before the launch of any next gen systems from sony, that so much directly said. the fans will pay whatever we ask of them because we are sony.

i dont know how that made everyone else feel, but to me it felt like being stabbed by a friend.

I realize sony has a right to be cocky. But its just not a healthy buisness pratice.

I feel. let down by them, its not about the price or the consoles power, its about there attitude tword us fans. and sonys lack od support for homebrew had little bearing on my opinion tword them. but it did play a part. :(

i just dont feel that sony is the same sony that brought us the psx and the ps2. they have changed somehow..

MattZani
December 15th, 2006, 17:29
The wii is a novelty, like one of those Mcdonalds games, you play with it for a while, thinking WOW! then they run out of idea's, and people put away the toy's, and get to a real system.

I had one of the limited edition DS's which were only available via an amount of Nintendo Stars. but as soon as the PSP came out, its been sat under the bed in abox, slowly gaining value because its limited to 3000.

The only reason i won't do this with the wii, is because the PS3 costs lots of money, not like £100-£200. It'll probably be around £550 by the time i've added a HDMI Cable, 2 games, and maybe an extra controller.

Matt

gunntims0103
December 15th, 2006, 19:50
i tell it like it is

Sony's getting OWNED!!!

its like sony dropped the soad and now wii is giving it to them with full force.

look at the statistics on nextgen it clearly shows the wii owning the ps3 period........

and grant it im a die hard sony fan, but untill they step there "game" up. I won't be getting anything from sony.

shadowprophet
December 15th, 2006, 20:02
i tell it like it is

Sony's getting OWNED!!!

its like sony dropped the soad and now wii is giving it to them with full force.

look at the statistics on nextgen it clearly shows the wii owning the ps3 period........

and grant it im a die hard sony fan, but untill they step there "game" up. I won't be getting anything for from sony.

amen to that :thumbup:

paul1991
December 16th, 2006, 22:19
So why did they patent a similar controller?

December 16th, 2006, 23:08
So why did they patent a similar controller?

Future projects probably, could be quite interesting

i tell it like it is

Sony's getting OWNED!!!

and grant it im a die hard sony fan, but untill they step there "game" up. I won't be getting anything for from sony.

Owned? Welcome to 5 years ago, enjoy your stay!

TacticalBread
December 16th, 2006, 23:17
Owned? Welcome to 5 years ago, enjoy your stay!

Sony is losing the console war this time around, and anyone who thinks otherwise is qute in denial, as is Sony.

mikebeaver
December 16th, 2006, 23:58
The way I see it, Sony are acting in a similar way to when Nintendo had the N64 on the horizon.The new boys Sony had taken a good lead over old rivals Sega and its Saturn, but Nintendo were cock sure that the N64 with its superior graphics and innovative controller would still dominate like the old SNES days, only it didnt happen like that, and they spent the next 10 years going from bad to worse in the home console market.Finally they have gone back to there roots, 1st with the DS (it looks like game and watch and their handheld systems have stopped ALL competition in it's tracks) and now with the Wii, they are going for a simple strategy....make games people can play easily, but are hard to put down, and to be a little more humble.
Pleasse.... dont call me a nintendo fanboy, i have many systems old and new, when my old PS2 broke a few months ago, i bought a new one as I know FF12 will be out EVENTUALLY and i must add it to my collection, as i will eventually a PS3, i just fel sony are far to arrogant about their prices, and the need for blu-ray, without it the system would have been cheaper and lore readilly availiable, oh and probably out in Europe by now aswell.
as a closing thought, give sony a break, just not too much they need to get it together or they will become the nintendo of old.

December 17th, 2006, 13:09
Sony is losing the console war this time around, and anyone who thinks otherwise is qute in denial, as is Sony.

So, not only do you make a ridiculous comment with absolutely no merit or contribution, you're also enforcing it on everyone by saying we're in "denial"? :rolleyes:

Cap'n 1time
December 17th, 2006, 17:16
The way I see it, Sony are acting in a similar way to when Nintendo had the N64 on the horizon.The new boys Sony had taken a good lead over old rivals Sega and its Saturn, but Nintendo were cock sure that the N64 with its superior graphics and innovative controller would still dominate like the old SNES days

excellent example and totally true. You live and you learn eh?

SSaxdude
December 17th, 2006, 17:46
MattZani, in your signature it says:
Come On PS3!
R.I.P Lik-Sang

Kinda hypocritical

TacticalBread
December 17th, 2006, 19:11
So, not only do you make a ridiculous comment with absolutely no merit or contribution, you're also enforcing it on everyone by saying we're in "denial"? :rolleyes:

So you think Sony is winning this time?

:rofl:

PSPFR3AK
December 18th, 2006, 06:09
LMAO

PSPFR3AK
December 18th, 2006, 06:10
So you think Sony is winning this time?

So you think SONY is losing this time?

TacticalBread
December 18th, 2006, 08:05
So you think SONY is losing this time?

Yes, I do. In my opinion PS3 sucks, and Wii doesn't. :D

lmtlmt
December 18th, 2006, 10:01
not fair man, you can like wii but just dont say ps3 sucks

IHadToReRegisterwtf
December 18th, 2006, 11:16
I agree ps3 sucks, 600 bucks... SCAM

lmtlmt
December 18th, 2006, 12:51
scam? how can a well known company selling there new console be a scam?

shadowprophet
December 18th, 2006, 12:58
What a funny word it is, and it sounds so negative.

The fact of the matter about the word is. it only enforces others to have some form of control over another's opinion, Saying how can you say that, that's hypocritical, is like saying you just said something contrary to that, how can you say this new thing now?:confused:

Fact is, you can say what you want, when you want too, without worrying what other people think of your opinion, in fact
The simple matter of things is. people may or may not change there minds on a whim, or may have a conflicted opinion on certain topics. others may not like it, but they'll just have to deal with it..

I'm all about the wii these days, and I've all but forgotten the psp ever existed. And I was once a devout psp supporter, But just because i'm not now, doesn't make me hypocritical, It only makes me free to decide my own opinions. which wont be alienated or pushed around because someone else wants to start slinging the (H) word.
In fact.. ill change my opinion right now,! poof! the ps3 is the bomb, and the wii sucks!! got a problem with it? well calling me a hypocrite wont change it any.
Gosh I love the ps3, its so much better then the wii!!!!! damn its so sexy
Oops! opinion shift!! Now the wii's king once again and the ps3 blows donkey particles.
got a problem with it. ~~Deal......

Ohh now the ps3 and the wii both suck. I like Cheese dammit!!!
Cheese is King of the next gen!!! Got a problem with it? So what!!
Oops, Now the wii is back on top again.. wow aren't opinions fun
And isnt it strange, HOW PEOPLE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THEM AT WILL!!:mad:
People would do well to remember that, and stop there crazy nit picking..

I don't know how long it'll take. But in time. something will strike my fancy and make me forget all about the wii. Just as something happened to make me forget about the psp. and the x-box before that.
For a real lesson in what hypocritical truly is, Stay tuned to some of my posts in future months, If Ihavnt changed my mind completely about the wii by then. Well that would just be totally out of character for me
Times and opinions change, I can guarantee that:thumbup:

irongiant
December 18th, 2006, 13:41
I used to be a huge supporter of sony too.
Its really not like a bangwagon im jumping on.

I come from the same place you do. i was a huge sony fan, But the lack of great third pary support for the psp really dissapointed me :(

And there where a few articles before the launch of any next gen systems from sony, that so much directly said. the fans will pay whatever we ask of them because we are sony.

i dont know how that made everyone else feel, but to me it felt like being stabbed by a friend.

I realize sony has a right to be cocky. But its just not a healthy buisness pratice.

I feel. let down by them, its not about the price or the consoles power, its about there attitude tword us fans. and sonys lack od support for homebrew had little bearing on my opinion tword them. but it did play a part. :(

i just dont feel that sony is the same sony that brought us the psx and the ps2. they have changed somehow..

Don't you see that even saying 'stabbed in the back' when talking about a multibillion dollar corporation is ridiculous? Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Nike, Coca Cola, Ford.. none of those companies give a damn about your feelings or anyone else's. The ONLY thing they care about is money, making as much of it as possible is the entire reason they exist. Getting emotionally attached to a console or any product is just plain foolish.

Sony haven't stabbed anybody in the back, they've made some strange and some plain stupid decisions, that is all. It was Nintendo's arrogance 10 or so years ago that allowed Sony to dominate ever since. All big companies are the same, Nintendo don't love gamers one bit they love the $. The only reason they've created the Wii and the DS is because they realised they had no chance of competing head on with Sony and MS. If they were so keen on innovation why didn't they release the DS earlier? Because they had no need to, they dominated the handheld market with the gameboy and kept milking gamers with rehashes and tired old NES technology.

Oh and by the way i'm not a big Sony fan at all, i'm a fan of no big company.. i like games regardless of the box that plays them. It just irritates me to read the countless moaning and whining about Sony, if you can afford a PS3 then buy one, if you can't then don't. It's really simple. In fact the best system currently is the PS2, massive selection of games and cheap.

MikeDX
December 18th, 2006, 13:43
I haven't played anything else since getting my Wii.

Everybody in the house will play the wii, but only the "youngsters" want to play the xbox or the playstation..

irongiant
December 18th, 2006, 15:26
I haven't played anything else since getting my Wii.

Everybody in the house will play the wii, but only the "youngsters" want to play the xbox or the playstation..

I haven't played anything else since getting my 360. I only know one person who's bought a Wii and that was for his two young children. Without the software to back it up the Wii will quickly get boring, so far only Zelda has the depth to keep playing.

C4TW
December 18th, 2006, 16:14
-to MikeDX

You have twice stated that only "young" people play the playstation (or xbox). Though this is true to some extent, there is also a huge number of gamers (for the aforementioned consoles) who are >25. You also ignore the fact that Wii itself, and ninetendo in general is oriented almost entirely around young players: cartoony graphics, cute characters, intuitive gaming (i.e. Wii controller/DS screen) and non-graphic violence.

This is not a negative thing! Many older gamers also enjoy games fulfilling those requirements, i do myself! Games companies will always try to appeal to as wide an audience as is possible - simply for money. For example, the female audience is attracted by the singstar, eyetoy and dancing games on the PS2 (not to mention that sony releases all of its consoles in pink...sigh...something ninetendo has recently emulated - as well as producing ninentendogs for the female gamer).

I myself am a hearty supporter of the PS3 for: its pure power, in terms of hardware; the beautiful graphics, that i know that that hardware can render; the controller, for its ergonomic/comfortable design and the motion sensitivity (which i believe is more suited to me than the Wii's controller); my, maybe misplace, loyalty and love of Sony; the fact that Sony's consoles have so many games on them that it there has to be SOME good games - just due to the laws of probability and finally, irrelevantly, OMFG it looks so indescribably, beautifully, magnificantly, wonderfully SHINY!

I am unfortunately/fortunately English because: the PS3 doesn't come out until march and is expensive/everything else due to England being the greatest country in the world.

(BTW the last comment is me being patriotic, not racist - the boundaries of the two are, regrettably, beginning to fuse.)

MikeDX
December 18th, 2006, 16:28
I'm making a judgement based on what I have seen. The PS3 is definitely geared towards teen and mid 20s males. The wii and nintendo in general seem to just cater for people who want to pick up a game, play and then put it down.

I quite agree with your comments. I was one of the first in line for an original psx, and more recently a psp. The psp has let me down personally. I wont get a ps3, although to be fair I wont be able to get one due to short supply and they are so expensive.

I never got a 360, although I still play (or use) my original xbox nearly every day for movies and emulators.

Sony dont rate highly in my book any more.. which is sad as I used to be quite a fan...

C4TW
December 18th, 2006, 16:39
Fair enough. But, might i add, is a good thing to just pick up a game and play it then put it back down - i don't want to spend a huge portion of my life on my games but i feel that games should have more playability than that.

Its a pity that your no longer a fan - but they have done enough to deserve it, so theres no faulting you.

PS3, Wii or Xbox 360 - its like arguing over apple pies, mince pies and cherry bakewells (no particular comparison between pie and console, though i prefer PS3 and apple pie). Everyone will have something different to say and nobody, apart from the big G-man, can say which is the best.

TacticalBread
December 18th, 2006, 16:42
I agree ps3 sucks, 600 bucks... SCAM

I agree that the PS3 isn't all Sony said it was, but a scam? lmfao. How can a console be a scam? If it was a fake console, that's a scam. Obviously it's not fake.

Look here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scam). Nowhere does it say "Over Priced Gaming Console Scam."

Therefore, I'm pretty sure PS3 is not a scam, just an over priced gaming console, that isn't nearly what it was made out to be.

irongiant
December 18th, 2006, 16:57
I quite agree with your comments. I was one of the first in line for an original psx, and more recently a psp. The psp has let me down personally. I wont get a ps3, although to be fair I wont be able to get one due to short supply and they are so expensive.

Sony dont rate highly in my book any more.. which is sad as I used to be quite a fan...

How can the PSP let you down? It does exactly what it says on the box, it's a portable playstation that also allows you to play music, display photos and video. The games released for it are down to the publishers and developers, if you've seen Crisis Core then you'll realise it's quite a powerful machine in the right hands.

Being a fan of a company is pointless, buy the consoles that are home to the games you want to play regardless of what name is on the front. Nintendo have never rated highly in my book, their track record with shafting europe, high development costs which led to a lack of 3rd party support, constant repackaging and reselling of old technology/software with the Gameboy etc.

Microsoft have always been bully boys with their attitude of destroying the competition or if they can't beat them just buying them outright.

Sony have dropped the ball lately and made some stupid mistakes.

The point is no company is perfect, they're all after your money at the end of the day and nothing more. They feel no emotional attachment to you so why should you feel any different towards them.

PSPFR3AK
December 18th, 2006, 17:36
Well i dont .In my opinion Wii sucks and PS3 doesnt.
:D

shadowprophet
December 18th, 2006, 17:49
This reminds me very much of the old snes genesis wars,

To be honest about it, Its been a long time sice any of us have seen such a close war as that.

I hope this time around, We see that kind of gen war again :thumbup:

Bring it on, fun times!!, and third party devs scrambling to pick up the slack for any console willing to throw down enough money.

If all goes well in this generations gen wars.
And things heat up enough, we may even bare witness to a new renascence age in gameing once again.

Wouldnt that be nice?

Entire new series will be born.
inovation will sweep over every console.

I have to say. To coin a phrase from wraggy. Its true. interesting times indeed for us fans :thumbup:

By the way. weather nintendo wins this next gen or not, ~ i myself hope they do.
But one thing nintendo rarely ever does is abandon a console. we will see new games for the wii for many years to come :)

Cap'n 1time
December 20th, 2006, 03:48
Bottom line. I dont have time to play video games 6 hours a day but id like to have a little bit of fun every now and again. I also cant be spending $500 on a console. Ive just got more important things to spend my money and no one at my age under my circumstance can just shell out that sort of cash at any given minute. The wii looks and plays good enough for me. In fact it plays the best for me :)

TacticalBread
December 20th, 2006, 05:11
Well i dont .In my opinion Wii sucks and PS3 doesnt.
:D

Well obviously. You appear to be a Sony fan boy. Excuse me if you're not, but it sure seem that way.

Joel92
December 20th, 2006, 14:30
:rofl: true , true

i mean people buy wii mainly for zelda
last zelda i played was OOT and i finished it once and i tryed to finish it again but i got bored
and zelda TP is not better than OOT
so yeah
i expect a lot of wii's reselled back to stores
nintendo failed with wii harder and faster than they did with GC

that is completely false. there are so many other awesome games out for the wii other than zelda. im not saying zelda isnt a good game, i love it. but there are so many games out that can be played so much more realsiticly and activly than on a ps3 controller, which can only tilt. the wii is a revolution in gaming, and everyone knows it.

irongiant
December 20th, 2006, 15:50
that is completely false. there are so many other awesome games out for the wii other than zelda. im not saying zelda isnt a good game, i love it. but there are so many games out that can be played so much more realsiticly and activly than on a ps3 controller, which can only tilt. the wii is a revolution in gaming, and everyone knows it.

You're in serious danger of being shown up as a dribbling fanboi.. there are no other 'awesome' Wii games yet but i'm sure more will be coming sooner or later. The current crop of games are mostly above average gimmicky efforts or ports with the Wii controller shoe-horned into the gameplay poorly.

Don't worry the Wii sells itself quite well regardless of the lack of top quality software.

December 20th, 2006, 16:12
Well obviously. You appear to be a Sony fan boy. Excuse me if you're not, but it sure seem that way.

And you appear to be a Nintendo fanboy, does it matter which console you like honestly?

TacticalBread
December 20th, 2006, 17:27
And you appear to be a Nintendo fanboy, does it matter which console you like honestly?

Would you mind explaing exactly how I appear to be a Nintendo fanboy?

December 20th, 2006, 18:15
Would you mind explaing exactly how I appear to be a Nintendo fanboy?

Well:

But like I said, does it matter?

mikebeaver
December 21st, 2006, 23:27
Don't worry the Wii sells itself quite well regardless of the lack of top quality software.

Unlike the PS3 then?:rofl:

Seriously, this is a pointless argument, just buy the system YOU want, and RESPECT the opinion of others towards thier favorite console.
I agree that if this war of consoles is half as heated a sthe SNES vs Genesis era then we will be in for some fantastic games on ALL systems, some of which will be exclusive, meaning that to play them all you will need to own several consoles, it's going to be a tough time making desisions, but dont critisise others if they do not share your fondness of "x" console, just agree to dissagree and enjoy the games you have.

PSPFR3AK
December 22nd, 2006, 08:15
most people bought their wii's for zelda

irongiant
December 22nd, 2006, 11:36
Unlike the PS3 then?:rofl:

Seriously, this is a pointless argument, just buy the system YOU want, and RESPECT the opinion of others towards thier favorite console.
I agree that if this war of consoles is half as heated a sthe SNES vs Genesis era then we will be in for some fantastic games on ALL systems, some of which will be exclusive, meaning that to play them all you will need to own several consoles, it's going to be a tough time making desisions, but dont critisise others if they do not share your fondness of "x" console, just agree to dissagree and enjoy the games you have.

Whoa come down off the pedestal. Who's arguing? I made a fair point that the Wii will sell regardless of the games available for it, that's not attacking the thing but any sane person will look at the Wii games available so far and agree aside from Zelda there ain't much worth getting yet. I never mentioned the PS3, you're the one bringing the PS3 into it with this mature comment!

"Unlike the PS3 then?:rofl: "

Cap'n 1time
December 22nd, 2006, 16:15
Whoa come down off the pedestal. Who's arguing? I made a fair point that the Wii will sell regardless of the games available for it, that's not attacking the thing but any sane person will look at the Wii games available so far and agree aside from Zelda there ain't much worth getting yet. I never mentioned the PS3, you're the one bringing the PS3 into it with this mature comment!

I dont disagree that the wii is lacking in software at the moment. but much like the PS3 it was JUST released.

What excites me about the wii is not what is currently released (though zelda is certainly desirable) but the potential it will have for many sports games, FPS, and just crazy games like those wario ware games.

Ironic. The same could be said about ps3 thus far. I know you probably meant this sarcastically but its true. Resistance : fall of man is the only memorable ps3 title thus far I can think of. That may be due to the fact that I dont read every magazine and internet review site on the internet (like I used to do 2 years ago) but i think thats about it so far. I am sure you will come up with more but surely the wii lovers will too ;) . But the point is.. you cant decide who is superior in the software aspect because both consoles are in their infancy.

gdf
December 22nd, 2006, 19:37
capn' 1 time is right, as a matter of fact PS3 has a shitter line up so far, as resistance is surely not as good as zelda. also, to the point of this topic, i think the wii is a novelty but just 'cos its a novelty don't mean it aint fun and worthwhile. anyway i shouldn't really be posting as i cant be assed with sony and am not buying a wii; getting 360! (ive mentioned this in like 3 posts, sorry if you are annoyed but just so psyched man!)

Junixx
December 23rd, 2006, 03:56
Well to be completly random and butt in, has anyone played Trauma Center: Second Opinion? I played UTK and loved it and was wondering if anyone has given the Wii version a tryout....yea wrong place but like i said, randomness :D

TacticalBread
December 27th, 2006, 16:55
Well to be completly random and butt in, has anyone played Trauma Center: Second Opinion? I played UTK and loved it and was wondering if anyone has given the Wii version a tryout....yea wrong place but like i said, randomness :D

rofl. I have it, but I don't have a Wii yet D:

I'm getting one this week, and then I'll try it out :p