PDA

View Full Version : 1st FW2.82 UMD Game DOESN'T work with DevHook ?

wraggster
December 14th, 2006, 20:00
Ookm (http://0okm.blogspot.com/2006/12/1st-fw282-umd-game-doesnt-work-with.html) posted this interesting news of a game called Blitz_Overtime that doesnt work on Devhook:

ULUS-10200.Blitz_Overtime
tried on DEVHOOK 0.51.0100 FW3.02, FW2.82 But NOT Work :P

Are Sony and co starting to block Devhook ?

Psphreak
December 14th, 2006, 20:06
How about SE-C?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 14th, 2006, 20:10
It apparently works on hybrid devhook acording to QJ.Games meant to be a stinking piece of shit anyway so no loss.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 14th, 2006, 20:10
Don't worry Booster will be here!

ExcruciationX
December 14th, 2006, 20:17
They will figure something out.

benpwarner
December 14th, 2006, 20:48
blitz ran fine for me just really slow

penileartery
December 14th, 2006, 21:05
have you tried making a backup of the disk? i know theres no iso talk or anything but that could work, and it would be legal cuz u have the game right?

darthhaze420
December 14th, 2006, 21:20
wwe 07 starts up but froze on me 9out of 10 times i played it i am trying blitz right now

dejkirkby
December 14th, 2006, 21:23
have you tried making a backup of the disk? i know theres no iso talk or anything but that could work, and it would be legal cuz u have the game right?

It isn't legal to have an ISO even if you buy the game.

ReVengeR
December 14th, 2006, 21:38
Ookm (http://0okm.blogspot.com/2006/12/1st-fw282-umd-game-doesnt-work-with.html) posted this interesting news of a game called Blitz_Overtime that doesnt work on Devhook:

ULUS-10200.Blitz_Overtime
tried on DEVHOOK 0.51.0100 FW3.02, FW2.82 But NOT Work :P

Are Sony and co starting to block Devhook ?

Brother In Arms doesn't work in Devhokk 0.51.100 (3.02) and working with Dh 0.46.... :confused:

dejkirkby
December 14th, 2006, 21:43
Don't say SmackDown vs Raw 2007 doesn't work. I'm getting it tomorrow!

SSaxdude
December 14th, 2006, 22:24
It isn't legal to have an ISO even if you buy the game.
Yes it is legal.

penileartery
December 14th, 2006, 22:28
hmm.so it is legal right? because i load them from the memory stick. but i get them from my umd's no illegal ones, is that bad. has anyone looked into the legality's of this?

xg917
December 14th, 2006, 22:33
dont worry man, its legal if u have bought the actual game

dejkirkby
December 14th, 2006, 22:34
Yes. I have looked into it. It is illegal. Everytime you open a game package you have bought, you agree to a document called EULA (End User Licence Agreement). This stated taht you have purchased the right to use this game in the format it is supplied. You are NOT allowed to make copies of it, in any format, whether for back-up purposes or not. By making a cpoy you are breaking the terms of the agreement as well as the law.

Tonx_9
December 14th, 2006, 22:44
does gtavcs work on devhook?

Nevuk
December 14th, 2006, 23:19
dejkirby... you are aware that makes all emulation illegal, and we might as well pull all the SNES, NES, even ATARI emulators off right now?
Not supporting, just saying, for some games with ridiculous load times, it only makes sense, and if you actually used the UMD ripper program yourself.... yeah.

cloud_952
December 14th, 2006, 23:25
Here's an idea: legal or no (I'm still confident it IS legal to backup your own games, and I don't care what people who read Sony and Nintendo's PR hype think), if you make your own backup, NO ONE KNOWS. It's on your computer, your memory card, off of YOUR game. So.. frankly, screw it. No one knows what you do on your own PSP, your own memory card, or with your game. Better yet, no one cares.

For the record: companies like to make laws and policies that tell you one thing, but the LAW provides for something else. Namely, I can sign a countract that makes me someone's slave, but US law invalidates that. I cannot be someone's slave even if I sign a contract about that. So, the EULA thing really doesn't mean it's set in stone. ^_^ Think about that, dejkirkby.

Vega
December 14th, 2006, 23:28
There have also been some reports about SD vs RAW 2007 (which is the same Firmware) having issues with Devhook. Yes it does run . . but crashes quite frequently

gamerremag
December 14th, 2006, 23:42
this isnt the first one people. star wars lethal aliance still doesnt work. :p

tragedie
December 14th, 2006, 23:45
dejkirby... you are aware that makes all emulation illegal, and we might as well pull all the SNES, NES, even ATARI emulators off right now?
Not supporting, just saying, for some games with ridiculous load times, it only makes sense, and if you actually used the UMD ripper program yourself.... yeah.

Those are actually illegal too. Well the emulators themselves maybe not so much if they don't pull code from the original hardware, however the ROM
"backups" aren't supposed to be made either. Its just that sensible want to share these games (NES is over 20 years old) with the newer generation lest they be forgotten. There's a group of people who are trying to preserve our cultural history by creating these ROM images. In the music industry, songs are deemed free 80 years after they've been released, so we can enjoy Bach, Beethoven, and Tchaikovsky free of charge. I'm not so sure if software is the same way for console games... yet. More on Abandonware (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware)

The whole "its ok if you own it thing" is just to make people not feel so bad about it, check the EULA, we're not allowed to make copies. Really it just depends on whether or not the developers care if you're doing it or not. How many gamers will buy a cartridge of Biker Mice from Mars are you going to buy at Toys R Us tomorrow? My guess is, not very many (the answer is closer to zero). I don't think the game makers are going to be too angry since they wouldn't earn a penny if it was bought at a flea market so they probably wouldn't sue you for having a ROM. Some developers/publishers don't care. Sony does. (Especially if its for their brand new game system that's causing them to hemorrhage money).

But lets be honest, if you're an honest person who is going to backup a game so that you can play it on your memory stick (which loads faster than if it were from UMD by the way) and you don't share it with anybody, who is going to know? So keep it to yourself and nobody gets hurt.

nyrtrublue
December 14th, 2006, 23:57
well devhook was developed so quick it could have flaws...and does it make a difference if dev hook is in the flash?

Festizzio
December 15th, 2006, 00:14
I could have sworn booster said there were still some bugs with the 3.xx emulation, maybe this is one of them? Or an indirect effect of one of them?

gunntims0103
December 15th, 2006, 00:28
i just relized something..

Devhook can never be finalized or come out of beta stage until sony has officailly stopped making psp firmware updates.

Booster could intern finalize devhook .51 and finish it up.

Devhook is still in beta stage so i just think this game not working is just a bug within devhook not a block that sony cae up with to block devhook...

Sk8.4.Life
December 15th, 2006, 01:27
Star Wars: Lethal Alliance runs just fine on Devhook .51.... but I'll have to say, it really sucks. The game wouldn't even entertain a 5 year old.

iniquitous_beast
December 15th, 2006, 06:37
There is something immoral about EULAs. Common knowledge states that when I pay for an item, it is mine to do whatever I want with. If I want to buy UMD's just to make a necklace out of them, then that is my choice. Once I pay for a game, it ceases to be Sony's property. It becomes mine...(cocks shotgun) now get off my property, Sony.

I don't support piracy, but I firmly believe that what one does in their own house is their own business. So, in my book, you are free to go about your business.

rebuiltearth
December 15th, 2006, 07:27
Yes. I have looked into it. It is illegal. Everytime you open a game package you have bought, you agree to a document called EULA (End User Licence Agreement). This stated taht you have purchased the right to use this game in the format it is supplied. You are NOT allowed to make copies of it, in any format, whether for back-up purposes or not. By making a cpoy you are breaking the terms of the agreement as well as the law.

Ok, to settle this dispute once and for all (I HOPE!), this is the exact wording from the EULA agreement for the PSP: "You may not copy (except to make one necessary back-up copy), distribute, sell, auction, rent, lease, loan, modify or create derivative works (other than Custom Content to be solely used with the Game), adapt, translate, perform, display, sublicense or transfer all or any portion of the Game. You may not copy any of the written materials accompanying the Game."

This means you can make a back up copy of your games, meaning you can make an ISO copy of the games legally.

So please guys, stop arguing, this is getting childish. Just read the rules, its pretty cut and dry

dejkirkby
December 15th, 2006, 08:42
Ok, to settle this dispute once and for all (I HOPE!), this is the exact wording from the EULA agreement for the PSP: "You may not copy (except to make one necessary back-up copy), distribute, sell, auction, rent, lease, loan, modify or create derivative works (other than Custom Content to be solely used with the Game), adapt, translate, perform, display, sublicense or transfer all or any portion of the Game. You may not copy any of the written materials accompanying the Game."

This means you can make a back up copy of your games, meaning you can make an ISO copy of the games legally.

So please guys, stop arguing, this is getting childish. Just read the rules, its pretty cut and dry

Good find. I retract part of my statement. you are allowed a back-up copy, but not an ISO.
And yet again, everybody jumps down the throat of the person trying to keep this site legal. I'm well aware that the majority of people use ISO's with DevHook, but keep it to yourselves. Stop coming on the forums with ISO talk for the love of God.

hacksparrow
December 15th, 2006, 11:13
capcom classic collection reloaded has does not work in 0.51.0 emulating 3.02

umd loads, but does no let me play any games... black screen, and then psp shuts off... the three letter word we do not speak of has the same problem...

0.46.0 emulating 2.71 works with both disc and the three letters, but crashes sometimes

appie01
December 15th, 2006, 14:42
i've got all the games running exept for
Cabeleas african safari

as far as i know this is currently the only game i
cant boot:(

wasbourbonbot
December 15th, 2006, 14:56
In most countries with a base of common law
EULA 's are meaningless
you can not be coerced into a contract or agreement
after a sale has been made.
EULA's should be illegal as they appear at installation of software which can only be done after
opening of a product, at which point they can not be returned unless defective.
There is also the rule of non contract with minors.
You hear of "always read the fineprint" well if software producers hide the fine print behind the "you open it you own it" what rights do any of us have?
Then again legality of software backup is in place to be able to prosecute those that do the wrong thing.
I doubt anyone has been fined or convicted for using a backup when they own the original.

rebuiltearth
December 15th, 2006, 17:26
Please stop arguing about this, its totally legal. The Official EULA for all PSP games states that you are not allowed to make copies of the games, only one, single back-up copy of the games. This includes ISO's since its kind of imposible to burn a UMD. Creating an ISO is legal as long as you dont distribute it and you only copy it as a back-up for yourself.

Frankly your arguing is getting annoying, please stop. And while you're at it, learn how to read legal documents a little better so you don't make a stupid mistake like this again.

cloud_952
December 15th, 2006, 18:36
you are allowed a back-up copy, but not an ISO.

What does that even mean? o_o I'm not trying to start an argument, but I seriously have no idea what you mean there.

An ISO is a backup. It's a disk image, a copy, a "backup", if you will. If I were to "backup" a cd, I can do it with an *.iso, *.bin, or one of many other formats. On what grounds are you distinguishing between an "iso" and "backup"? What else would your backup be if not an iso? Would it be drawn on paper with crayons?

deftonesmx17
December 15th, 2006, 18:48
Good find. I retract part of my statement. you are allowed a back-up copy, but not an ISO.

Please enlighten me on another way to make a back-up of a UMD..........

darthhaze420
December 15th, 2006, 18:58
has any one tried sd vs raw or blitz on dev hook 0.46 i have 0.51 emulating 3.01 flashed and the 2 games do not work

the_eternal_dark
December 16th, 2006, 04:00
What does that even mean? o_o I'm not trying to start an argument, but I seriously have no idea what you mean there.

An ISO is a backup. It's a disk image, a copy, a "backup", if you will. If I were to "backup" a cd, I can do it with an *.iso, *.bin, or one of many other formats. On what grounds are you distinguishing between an "iso" and "backup"? What else would your backup be if not an iso? Would it be drawn on paper with crayons?

An ISO is not a backup. A back-up or copy would mean you would have to load it onto a write once media (UMD-R) or re-writeable media (UMD-RW). Since both do not exist (yet), making an ISO (the load times may be quicker, but it's a crap reason to make one) is not a legal way to make a copy. You can't play a backed up UMD on a computer (game, emulators don't count) or a car radio (audio) or a DVD player (video).

Technically, ROMs are big time illegal, as you can't really make a backup without A) dismantling the cartridge and B) without using a flash cart to be used on the said proprietary system. Disk games (CD-ROM/DVD-ROM based, except for GD-ROMS (which are illegal to backup) for the Dreamcast) are borderline and most of the time cannot be used without a modchip (xbox, and I believe the Saturn).

I may be wrong. My opinion may be as flawed as anyone else's.

Basil Zero
December 16th, 2006, 04:10
hmm interesting....seems like sony's really trying hard lol

cloud_952
December 16th, 2006, 18:03
An ISO is not a backup. A back-up or copy would mean you would have to load it onto a write once media (UMD-R) or re-writeable media (UMD-RW). Since both do not exist (yet), making an ISO (the load times may be quicker, but it's a crap reason to make one) is not a legal way to make a copy. You can't play a backed up UMD on a computer (game, emulators don't count) or a car radio (audio) or a DVD player (video).

A "back-up" does not have to be on the same form. I can backup a cd to my PC, or I can back it up onto an audio cassette (old as they may be). I can backup my old VHS movies onto a DVD. Do you see where I'm coming from? To backup my games, I don't need to rip them and write them again to a different UMD, I can own them in a myriad of forms.

I can also run this ISO off of my PSP, which makes your final point null and void, in that I can use this backup in the original system.

Case in point: the Xbox can run games from the HDD as can the PS2 w/ the HDD attachment. The PSP can run games from WIFI or USB networking, or from memory stick. You do NOT need to run it off the same medium for it to count.

Technically, ROMs are big time illegal, as you can't really make a backup without A) dismantling the cartridge and B) without using a flash cart to be used on the said proprietary system. Disk games (CD-ROM/DVD-ROM based, except for GD-ROMS (which are illegal to backup) for the Dreamcast) are borderline and most of the time cannot be used without a modchip (xbox, and I believe the Saturn).

I may be wrong. My opinion may be as flawed as anyone else's.

Are you insane? Or have you not done any research before opening your mouth and stating your opinion as fact?

I don't have to dismantle the cartridge to make most, if not all, backups. All cart-based games can be backed-up by using a card-reader, which requires no dismantling. Just plug it in, read the data and copy it to the PC. Pretty cut and dry. Never once have to take the cart apart. As for chipping the console, according to current US laws, NOT ILLEGAL. ^^ All it does is void my warranty. If I don't intend to ask the company to fix it for me, it's really not a problem.

So.. as far as I can tell, you're wrong on all points. Where did you get your info?

hacksparrow
December 19th, 2006, 01:58
can we keep with the list of non workin games so we can have a better newer devhook pls thx