PDA

View Full Version : dreamcast boot loader problem.

ICE
December 14th, 2006, 22:29
ok i got Action Replay CDX Demo and bootdreams to burn the .cdi and the dreamcast wont read the disk!!! what am i doing wrong!?!?! the disk i s a cd-r too!! and there's a 1 circled on my dreamcast!!!

ICE
December 14th, 2006, 23:31
someone please help!!!!!!!!

curt_grymala
December 15th, 2006, 00:08
Wow. You gave us a whole hour to respond to your message.

Please, you have to be a little more patient.

First of all, have you been able to successfully burn other things and use them on the DC? Have you tried using Alcohol 120% or DiscJuggler to burn the CDI (although I absolutely love tools like BootDreams, I've found that CDRecord - it's burning back-end - doesn't get along well with 2 of my DC's)?

ICE
December 15th, 2006, 00:33
no this was my first attempt at it. sorry about being impatient but it seemed like longer than an hour. i read through a bunch of faq's and tutorials so it seemed longer... ive only used bootdreams.

VampDude
December 15th, 2006, 03:50
no this was my first attempt at it. sorry about being impatient but it seemed like longer than an hour. i read through a bunch of faq's and tutorials so it seemed longer... ive only used bootdreams.

tell me what your doing step by step and i'll help you by doing whatever myself and telling you what to do (since I have a sh*tload've cd-r's to play with)

ICE
December 15th, 2006, 07:10
put in cd-r.. open bootdreams.. select burn cdi.. browse files and choose cdx demo(thats the loader) .... and hit "burn cdi image.

i also tried istead of "burn cdi image" "cd record" and i chose the cdx demo and left all else the same and hit burn.

lo
December 20th, 2006, 13:48
Have you set speed to max. 12x?

ICE
December 21st, 2006, 04:41
no do i need to? the guide on here didn't say to...

ICE
February 21st, 2007, 04:10
i dont think this counts as a double post since theres 2 months between posts... just wanted to know if anyone wanted to help my very old problem i recently remembered....

Darksaviour69
February 21st, 2007, 10:20
have you been able to boot anyother homebrew and any cd-r stuff? did you try different cd-rs? (some crap brands don't work) you not useing cd-rws? they don't work

ICE
February 21st, 2007, 18:27
cd-r's, first and only attempt at dreancast brew, 3 different brands.

Darksaviour69
February 21st, 2007, 18:52
maybe you have been unlucky and gone got yourself one of them DCs that can't read cd-rs... rare but a few were made towards the end

http://consolevision.com/?Dreamcast:Information:Buying_a_system

ICE
February 21st, 2007, 21:47
it has that 1 circled on it..

Christuserloeser
February 22nd, 2007, 08:15
it has that 1 circled on it..

Good.

Now download a free trial version of Alcohol120% at www.olderversion.com

Install and burn your CDI file from www.dcevolution.net either in TAO or RAW/DAO mode.