PDA

View Full Version : a thought that i think zx-81 would be able to handle

gunntims0103
December 15th, 2006, 00:00
iv been a big fan of super nintendo and nintendo. Everyone says that the snes and nes emulators for the psp are full speed and relitivly have no problems but i beg to differ.

i found coutless problem with the nes emulators and a few problems with the snes emulators.

I would like to ask maybe in a distant future that you zx-81 would concider taking on coding a snes and nes emulator. As the oneswe have now i certaintly feel arent the best still. I also love the gui's you put and your whole way of setting up the emulator. So there my request.

Your a busy guy i know that, and i know how difficult it is to code first hand. You dont have to, just a idea.

Thanx :)

zx-81
December 15th, 2006, 12:35
First of all, thanks gunntims0103 for your comment :).

For the moment i''ve several project idea, and me be during christmas time i will have spare time to develop or port something new on the PSP.

But i don't think i will rewrite or enhance snes emu from my friend Yoyo and Laxer.

This emu is one of the best emu (with the GBA emu, gpsp from Exophase), and sorry but i won't take the work from other coders, and only rewrite the GUI, because i think it's a waste of time ;).

Anyway, please fell free to ask me some port or homebrew project ideas, and if it doesn't already exist on the PSP, i will try to find some time to develop it.

I know that dazman is requesting a VIC-20, i will may be see with the original author of the PSP Vice Port (Christophe) ...

gunntims0103
December 15th, 2006, 20:23
thanx for the post back bro :)

i guess the snes emulator is pretty good i just found some things wrong with it. Also im surprised im having problems with the latest version of nes as this should already be perfect i guess.

Well zx-81 i find you to be the best coder in my mind and i know first hand how difficult it is to code for c/c++ . I picked up 3 books and it all seemed confusing. I get alot of it as LUA gives me the basis or at least a concept of how c/c++ code works. The whole things is downloading cywig and psp toolchain can be rather difficult and take a very long time, Iv yet to have patients for it. Im willing to learn and know a few things on just c/c++ alone.

for example i learned this (this is c++ code)

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main(viod)
{
cout << "im gunntims0103!";
return 0;
}

another little program i know in c++ but cant complile it

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main(void)
{
int testScore;
cout << &testScore;
return 0;
}

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main(void)
{
short testscore;
float my GPA;
cout << "the address of test score "
<< &testScore << "/n";
cout << "the size of testScore is "
<< sizeof(testscore) << "/n";
cout << "the address of myGPA is << &myGPA << "/n";
cout << "the size of myGPA is "
<< size of (myGPA) << "/n";
return 0:
}

i know a little c++ forgive me if the code was rather choppy...

im still learning :o

tsurumaru
January 1st, 2007, 15:19
Also im surprised im having problems with the latest version of nes as this should already be perfect i guess.

Hi Gunntims0103,

This is a bizarre method and I haven't tried it myself yet but apparently the NES emulator for PSOne runs NES roms perfectly through the PS1 POPSTATION emulator on 3.02OE. you might want to give that a try.

http://imbnes.gamebase.ca/

You'll have to convert the NES emulator for psone to an eboot using the same process as other PS1 games.

Like I've mentioned previously I haven't had a chance to check this out myself yet I am just posting someone's findings from the Maxconsoles forums. Let me know if you get it up and running and how the compatibility is.