PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console Friiiiiiiiiiiiday Kicks off in Europe

wraggster
December 15th, 2006, 22:41
via ign (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/751/751185p1.html)

With an impressive degree of promptness, Nintendo made good on its promise of regular Virtual Console updates for its Wii console, every Friday in Europe. Arriving practically bang on the stroke of midnight this morning, the first batch of releases unleashed since the Wii's launch last Friday offer some formidable old-skool classics, including the superb Gunstar Heroes, Ristar and Alien Crash.

Today's eight-strong line-up is as follows: Urban Champion (a Euro-exclusive right now, even if it's not particularly good), Solomon's Key and Pinball for the NES, Columns, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar and Dr. Robotonik's Mean Bean Machine from the Mega Drive's illustrious past and, rounding things off, Alien Crush on Turbografx. If you're in need of some purchasing guidance, follow the links for some considered opinion, courtesy of our US brethren.

In the spirit of completeness then, cast your eyes below for that full roster and any extraneous details that seemed like a good idea at the time. Like say, how many Wii beans you'll need to plant for those magical time trees to reach fruition.

Virtual Console European Releases, Friday 15

NES - 500 Wii Points

Pinball (1986)
Solomon's Key (1990)
Urban Champion (1986)

TURBOGRAFX - 600 Points

Alien Crush (1989)

MEGA DRIVE - 800 Wii Points

Columns (1991)
Dr. Robotonik's Mean Bean Machine (1993)
Gunstar Heroes (1993)
Ristar (1995)

zidanerick
December 16th, 2006, 03:36
Damnit i want toejam and earl :(

Strumtoo
December 16th, 2006, 08:41
I downloaded Columns yesreday and didnt realise til I had done it that megadrive version wasnt a 2 player battle, its was 2 players just playing their own game at the same time....DOH.