PDA

View Full Version : M3 Slot 1 Flashcart Coming Soon

wraggster
December 15th, 2006, 23:25
It Seems that DSxtremes days as the only decent Slot 1 flashcart are over, heres the details about the new SLot 1 cart from M3:

The same size as an original DS cart
NoPass Functionality
Uses MicroSD card (TransFlash) as storage.
No PC Software/drivers required
Standard FAT system support
Supports different speed micro SD cards.
Upgradable Firmware ( OS / Bios / Kernel )
Touch Screen control & robust skinning support
Homebrew support , IO lib will be released on launch

Screen Via Comments

TeenDev
December 15th, 2006, 23:28
sweet looks great
ill get one to replace my MMD

Dom29
December 16th, 2006, 01:46
it looks nice, but im gonna have to wait and see what the supercard team is up to, you cant go wrong with a supercard :)

houseonfire
December 16th, 2006, 01:48
That thing actually looks really cool.
I want to see a rating/ review for all these new Slot one devices coming out before i go buying one.

Amethyst
December 16th, 2006, 10:05
Wow. Like Max482, I am going to replace my MMD with one these sexy beasts.

Now, will I go M3 or SuperCard?

whatsorrow
December 16th, 2006, 14:39
i have been a fan of the m3 adapter for awhile now...this looks freaking awesome i cant wait...any word when this hits and how much is it???

Payk
December 16th, 2006, 16:41
It Seems that DSxtremes days as the only decent Slot 1 flashcart are over
^^sure but...you never saw dslink and ninjads? NinjaDS had autopatcher as first device. And dslink was first one which was real size while having upgradable flash-mem. DS-X has both but cant be upgraded in storerichsize...They are all 3,fine but no one was realy better then the other. All had their good sides and issues...i dunno why all are just talking about ds-xtreme. I got a DS-Xtreme and a NinaDS...both run clean backups, both do their job well and no one of it is better then the other.

But now SCslot1,M3slot1, NinjaMicro,NinjaPassSlot1 and EZslot1 will be released(and more of them!). All with same specs. MicroSD, uprgadable menu/"os"(they mean skin or gui), same size as an orginal game, autpatcher ect.

But one thing to say: Autopatching is nice trough, but a PCpatcher is good enough too. I dont see a reason to wait 4 seconds everytime instead of one time 2 minuts. A skinnable GUI is nice idea as long as it is FAST. DS-Xtreme has to improve alot. I never read that here or on maxconsole that its slower then any other menu. And for those both features you all give up gba-support and a fast menu?

TeenDev
December 16th, 2006, 18:44
Wow. Like Max482, I am going to replace my MMD with one these sexy beasts.

Now, will I go M3 or SuperCard?

that's "TeenDev" to you! :mad: lol:D