PDA

View Full Version : nds: SUPERCARD DS HAS BEEN RELEASED

jojotjuh
December 16th, 2006, 15:59
from http://eng.supercard.cn
Update(2006.12.15):SuperCard DS(ONE) Released, Slot 1 perfect solution

As the first extra flash memory game cartridge, SuperCard team has been working in developing new features in the past three years. With the simple but practical functions, SuperCard has gained a great popularity of gamer in the world. After a long period of development, our team finally come up the new version -- SUPERCARD DS(ONE), which is the best Slot 1 solution.

Click to enlarge (http://eng.supercard.cn/images/SCDS(ONE)s.jpg)

Main Feature:
# 1. Plug 'n Play(No FlashMe, No PassMe, No convert).
# 2. 100% Clean Rom Support. 100% game capatibility.
# 3. no PC software required, just Drag 'n Drop file from PC to flash memory card.
# 4. Hardware save support. Easy to backup and exchange save with other players.
# 5. support FAT/FAT32 up to 32Gbits flash memory card. Flash memory card can be used on other digital products, save money.
# 6. Blue-Light engine included. Support High speed flash memory card without any slow down.
# 7. DS original cartridge size, the perfect solution of slot 1.
# 8. TFlash/MicroSD slot Push'n Push design, easy to use.
# 9. Micro firmware designed, and extended skin which is fully upgradeable.
# 10. MoonShell built-in design. Can play MP3, Ogg and DPG2 directly in SuperCard DS system. Capatible with DPG0/DPG1. It also support eBook and view picture. It's a real multimedia system.
# 11. TWO mode design:
# Standard mode: 100% Capability when copy clear roms into MicroSD for playing directly
# Super mode: support RESET, cheat code, save to flash memory card directly.

Addidtional Functions:
# Can be used as a SuperKey.
# Inter-play with GBA slot.
# Support SC Rumble Series as a rumble PAK.
# There is a SuperCard DS software(Super Mode need to use), you do not need to use it at standard mode. But if you use the software, SuperCard DS can support more powerful functions, such as RESET, cheat code, infinity save space etc (can support save more than 4m in the feature).

Here is the AD of SuperCard DS(ONE)..press here (http://eng.supercard.cn/images/scdsONE_eng.jpg)
also , they immediatly have released a IO fat driver for homebrew fat support added in this post

as soon as we hear a shop has them in stock we will post news

skipboris
December 16th, 2006, 17:56
Looks like a good slot 1 choice. What does 32 Gbits translate into Bytes?

DoughBoi
December 16th, 2006, 19:23
32 divided by 8 = 4

Senile Snake
December 16th, 2006, 19:34
32:8 = 4

EDIT: Too slow. :P

Anyways, I might buy this one in addition to my G6L if itīs any good/cheap.

jojotjuh
December 16th, 2006, 19:59
i think they mean 32 Gigabyte as fat 32 isnt only up to 4 GigaByte so they made a mistake i think

to bad i have no money and already normal supercard SD as i would like this one too :D

DoughBoi
December 16th, 2006, 21:14
i just my supercard lite a month too early... darn

Dom29
December 16th, 2006, 22:28
im sure youll get enough money as the M3 slot 1 is only around $50 the supercard will have to compete, so im guessing it will also come to around that price

Mazza
December 16th, 2006, 22:51
I'm pretty sure www.Supercardstore.com have stock of the Supercard DS

devious_fx
December 16th, 2006, 23:53
i think they mean 32 Gigabyte as fat 32 isnt only up to 4 GigaByte so they made a mistake i think

They mean 4 GigaByte. Not because of the FAT32 limitation, but because u won't find any bigger MicroSD cards on the (commercial) market at the moment - or at least cards that will be supported by this reader.

Payk
December 16th, 2006, 23:56
# 5. support FAT/FAT32 up to 32Gbits flash memory cardThats not the speed n00bs
its the size!!!

Sorry for my behavier...but i cant get that ppl realy think there is a microsd card which has a speed up to 4GigaByte/sec...and even if there would be one i doubt that the DS-Slot could handle that....would really be totaly unnnececary to be able to load 4Gigabyte in a second if the RAM is just 4MB and the main cpu just have 66MHz...it couldnt work with the data that fast and it couldnt store them. And beleave me nintendo wouldnt do that. They dont even have build in an FPU (its neccecary to calculate with floatin point values which is for my opinion important for 3D...but they dont build it in so they wont have a slot which is that fast...damn)

StormB
December 17th, 2006, 01:10
Thats not the speed n00bs
its the size!!!

Nobody said it was the speed :) Senile Snake was saying he was too slow to reply, not that the card is too slow :)

ACID
December 17th, 2006, 06:05
I'm pretty sure www.Supercardstore.com have stock of the Supercard DS

Dude thanks for the link i had checked like 20 web sites from around the world and none had it. So i just bought it of the link you gave us. You are my best bud now :thumbup: i will coment on it as soon as i get it.

mainnine
December 17th, 2006, 13:53
What do you guys recommend me to get? A supercard slot1 card or an m3 slot1 card? which has the better functionality, even if ur thoughts are based on the slot2 generation.

waternova
December 17th, 2006, 20:16
What do you guys recommend me to get? A supercard slot1 card or an m3 slot1 card? which has the better functionality, even if ur thoughts are based on the slot2 generation.

Personally, I like SuperCard brand better. Their slot1 has MoonShell with it. That supports better video and stuff than the M3.

jojotjuh
December 17th, 2006, 20:37
Thats not the speed n00bs
its the size!!!

Sorry for my behavier...but i cant get that ppl realy think there is a microsd card which has a speed up to 4GigaByte/sec...and even if there would be one i doubt that the DS-Slot could handle that....would really be totaly unnnececary to be able to load 4Gigabyte in a second if the RAM is just 4MB and the main cpu just have 66MHz...it couldnt work with the data that fast and it couldnt store them. And beleave me nintendo wouldnt do that. They dont even have build in an FPU (its neccecary to calculate with floatin point values which is for my opinion important for 3D...but they dont build it in so they wont have a slot which is that fast...damn)

i meant the capacity dude relax, its christmass :P

bigboicee
December 17th, 2006, 21:09
It's Out Already! Omg I'm Buying It!

henchturk
December 17th, 2006, 21:39
Total newbie here, searched and found lots but lots of it confused me.

I want to buy this this week badly but have MANY question.

So if i buy this;

1. all i need is a sd card to play my backups
2. is there like a video tutorial to play games,
3. what does patched mean and whats compatibility like on this
4. with my backups can i play wifi
5. are specific folders needed or can i put any file in any place i want
6. Moonshine whats that about do i load my games off that as well as my pdf's.

Thanks in advance :)

DoughBoi
December 17th, 2006, 23:06
^^^
1. u need micro SD
2. they say its drag and drop, so i'm assuming its .nds files
3. slot 2's roms need to be patched/converted in order for it to read it
4. yes, it should work just like the older slot two carts, wifi will work
5. folders are just there to organize
6. sorry, don't know whats moonshine...

henchturk
December 17th, 2006, 23:28
^^^
1. u need micro SD
2. they say its drag and drop, so i'm assuming its .nds files
3. slot 2's roms need to be patched/converted in order for it to read it
4. yes, it should work just like the older slot two carts, wifi will work
5. folders are just there to organize
6. sorry, don't know whats moonshine...

Sorry by slot 2 you mean? How do i patch or is it done for me?

I know I'm lame but can someone write up a quick tutorial for me for how to run my DS backups, I might go and order this tomorrow.

DoughBoi
December 18th, 2006, 04:52
the one you're going to buy probably wouldn't need converting or patching, so you would be fine. Someone confirm me on this...

Its so new that probably no one could give you a definite answer.

Payk
December 18th, 2006, 06:24
Like i said...sorry for behavier :D
I would wait good month after they all hv been released and read reviews about them to compare...but direct playing dgp is a nice thing. It wouldnt wonder me if other will follow with that.

henchturk
December 18th, 2006, 17:14
Just ordered off supercardstore, can't wait to get it.