PDA

View Full Version : TA-082 Downgrader Tutorial

splodger15
December 17th, 2006, 12:05
THIS IS A NEW, AND VERY RISKY PROCESS. IF YOU MESS UP ANY STEP AT ALL, OR YOU DON'T MESS UP, THERE IS STILL A LARGE CHANCE THAT YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PSP. ONCE YOU DO THIS, THERE IS NO UPGRADING, DOWNGRADING, OR TURNING BACK IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG!

You need the following files to downgrade your TA-082 motherboard you can find them all HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46216)

I think you already know how to spot a TA-082 motherboard but there will be a few that dont you can check HERE (http://www.modchipstore.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=164)

In order to run use this, you MUST BE USING A 2.50 PSP. To do this, we will use Dark_Alex's Generic Downgrader.

This will ONLY work on 2.71 PSP's. We will run it and downgrade our PSP to 2.50. If you go any lower, you will brick the PSP.

If you can't run any of the applications above, you should use the eloader.

First, put the Dump and Check on the PSP's memory card by extracting it, opening the Root (This is the folder that apears and says PSP there) folder, and draging the PSP folder inside onto your memory card.

Run the dump and check through
eloader.

Once it is finished, drag the folder to your computer somewhere where you will find it easily.

Now, extract the contents of the downgrader to your computer. Run the program. You will have to accept some things. Then You will come to this display (Look at the bottom at the pic)

Where it says PSP Serial No. Enter the serial number found under the battery.

It is in the lower third of the area. It is marked by a gray box surrounding it and Serial No.
Take the dump that is on your computer and enter its location below in the second box.(This was the dump folder that you took from your PSP earlier and moved it to your computer)

Choose the firmware you want; 1.50 or 2.17 SE-C. Warning: 1.50 is known to give an error message when trying to change settings (I believe its the blue screen of death).

When you are ready, hit the generate button and watch the files come. When it says so, go to C:\UPDATE and drag that into your GAME folder.

Make sure that you have you PSP charger plugged in!

Open the eloader and choose UPDATE. Wait 1-5 minutes after it has completely installed before attempting to restart the PSP. This will help prevent bricks. When you restart, you will get a blue error screen. Press O and enjoy.

After having a little look around it seems that you cannot upgrade again

Enjoy

gamerremag
December 17th, 2006, 15:36
kool wish i could test it...but i already hav 1.5

mbr7
December 17th, 2006, 15:56
Great Tutorial !
the only thing i am confused with is that other tutorials /webpages has different observations of what sirial number to use some say the number under the code bar underneath the psp and some say the serial behind the battery I think it's the one behind the battery not shure doh..

jak66
December 17th, 2006, 16:18
its probably the one behind the battery (the one that actually says SERIAL No. next to it)

splodger15
December 17th, 2006, 16:27
Yeh it is the one behind the battery

Russoxley187
December 18th, 2006, 01:42
THIS IS FAKE>>>>>>>

DO not do this...
DARK ALEX said so and so did OOKM...
google the guy who released it...

mbr7
December 18th, 2006, 02:50
THIS IS FAKE>>>>>>>

DO not do this...

OHH SHIEET ***** THIs is fake go to pspupdates they say it's fake now to!

Russoxley187
December 18th, 2006, 02:56
yeah... this actually came out yesterday and I was thinking aobut trying it...
but i never hear of the dude who released it so i didnt..
IAnd I checked ookm's site and he had no clue... so i waited..
i knew it was only a matter of time until he was found out.
i dont think many ppl tried it...

ExcruciationX
December 18th, 2006, 03:08
Very sad. :( I wish Ookm would release his softdown app.

splodger15
December 18th, 2006, 16:07
THIS IS FAKE>>>>>>>

DO not do this...

We know it now look at when the tutorial was written

cha0ticbliss
December 18th, 2006, 19:49
Yes, but someone who came straight to this page from google or something may not know that.