PDA

View Full Version : More on Wii strap offer

wraggster
December 18th, 2006, 15:57
Via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71099)

Following Friday's revelation that Nintendo is offering Wii owners a free replacement wrist-strap, the company has offered more details on how customers can take action here in the UK.

Reiterating that it's a "voluntary exchange programme" and not the "recall" declared by some, Nintendo says that you should contact your nearest Nintendo Service Centre, which can be done via email ([email protected]), telephone (0870 60 60 247 - national rate) or post (Wii Wrist Strap, Nintendo Service Centre, CoDEStorm House, Walton Road, Farlington, PO6 1TR).

From our conversation with a Nintendo spokesperson on Friday, it sounds like you'll need to post them your existing strap in order to be sent a replacement with a thicker connecting cord. Similar schemes are already in place in Japan and the US.

Mabolsa Ritchie
December 18th, 2006, 16:41
Huh i dont get it? If you go to the wii site you just fill in a form and they send you the straps without you having to send in your old ones. Whats the deal?

acardy
December 18th, 2006, 17:02
Unfortunately thats only for the US and Canada.

Personally I'm a bit annoyed that we have to take our straps off and send them in to get a new one, thus putting our control in danger, when US and Canadian citizens can keep theirs and use a nice convenient web form! :mad:

Grr! Ah well.

Andy

Meekasko
December 18th, 2006, 17:14
Unfortunately thats only for the US and Canada.

Personally I'm a bit annoyed that we have to take our straps off and send them in to get a new one, thus putting our control in danger, when US and Canadian citizens can keep theirs and use a nice convenient web form! :mad:

Yep. How annoying is that :(

I imagine this is because they only have a limited number of new straps and are confident that not many people would bother to take them off their remote and send them in, to get a new one. I'm sure we'll get a similar web order form like US/Canada in the new year when more straps are available.

lexluthor
December 18th, 2006, 18:15
That sucks.. I would have done it.. but I cant be bothered to send anything off. Kinda shows how lazy we all are.. but oh well.

lexluthor
December 18th, 2006, 21:05
http://wii.nintendo.co.uk/6315.html

Perhaps you dont need to send them off after all..

Accordion
December 19th, 2006, 10:57
you dont need to send you strap, that would be absurd... just fill in the online form...

as a special offer, if you order 4 wii remote straps they will send you a neck brace and a padded helmet to keep you safe from yourself !

Vighu
December 19th, 2006, 12:23
Im gonna get myself 4 new straps i think might come in handy if one really breaks. Might even look cool on other devices

DPyro
December 19th, 2006, 13:13
I don't think you should be getting more straps than controllers you have. Theres probably a limited supply, and a lot of people are stuck with the old strap...