PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Another DS Update In 2007?

wraggster
December 18th, 2006, 16:03
via kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo-ds/rumor-another-ds-update-in-2007-222491.php)

News always sounds more exotic when it comes from Jeux-France. But their rumours....they verge on being delicious. I wish we called ours "rumeurs". They sound sexier that way. I bet Jeux-France could bed a woman just by whispering "rumeur" lightly in her ear.

Anyway...JF are passing along a pondering that the DS is in line for another update, due sometime in 2007. The only info appears to be that they'll be increasing the screen size dramatically, going from 3 inches to between 3.5 and 3.8. That'd be nice, but is it really necessary? Three different versions of the same hardware is a bit much, even by Nintendo's standards.

Do Nintendo Really Need to Improve the DS as it is now ?

Mikaa
December 18th, 2006, 17:07
Really, only the DS Lite's D-pad needs improving. Other than that, it is darn near perfect at the moment.

jojotjuh
December 18th, 2006, 17:09
i dont think they will, as a wider and bigger screen will need newer games (when you increase a pictures amount of pixels the quality will dcrease dramatically) so the games will need to be newer, or will need other game cartridges, and stuff like that, or else the picture will look ****ed up , so if they do this, i hope they have solved this problem

robman84
December 18th, 2006, 17:10
Gotta be honest, the shoulder buttons, especially the right one, on my DS lite are awful. The right one has collapsed almost completely, but even when working it is very difficult to play a game that makes extensive use of all of the buttons - I just can't find a decent way to hold it and use the shoulder buttons at the same time!

Screen size - no problems with what we've got. I wouldn't want to compromise battery life for a bigger screen.

Tomobobo
December 18th, 2006, 19:24
Like, It'd totaly rock to have like, the hand nubs like the GC controller has on the DS, it'd make it look weird, but it would work so well.

Öhr
December 18th, 2006, 19:43
mhh, a better dpad(how about using the same from the phat ds? of course, with a better design) and a gba slot which covers a whole gba game would be cool :)

kcajblue
December 19th, 2006, 02:49
and a gba slot which covers a whole gba game would be cool :)or gba games that come with 2 different shells for the ds lite and for the original ds.

Payk
December 19th, 2006, 11:25
Well well...it isnt the dpad which disturbs me on the ds lite. Its the entiry shape. They really tried to get ipod style without thinking about how it fells in the hands. Please play 1 hours metroid whith thump strap and you will say that the dpad is not the issue, The rest of your hand will be dead. A anolog stick would be cool. It wouldnt need new software or something. Every game would be compatible to it. But not that good..Well i wished the dslite would be a bit bigger but a better feeling. I prefer playing egoshooters on the phat ds because of that