PDA

View Full Version : Wii Forecast Channel - Opens December 20th

wraggster
December 18th, 2006, 22:35
The US Nintendo Wii site has posted that the Forecast Channel will be appearing on the December 20th, basically this is a weather channel but youll need to be connected to the internet to use it.

Kramer
December 19th, 2006, 05:06
Awesome I just woke up to my Wii's blue light dimming in and out, it turned out it was a message from Nintendo saying that my Wii was ready to update for the forecast channel:thumbup:. I can say that the Forecast channel is really handy and easy to use it's not at all slow like the VC channel.

I think Australia got it before anyone else:thumbup:

SwordOfZork
December 19th, 2006, 05:26
Europe has it right now, too.

Strumtoo
December 19th, 2006, 09:26
yep, me too here in sunny but cold(so it says) England.

love the globe function.

Meekasko
December 19th, 2006, 10:42
Hehe, yep. It was cool waking up and coming downstairs to see the blue light glowing. It only took about 30 seconds to download the update too.

I hope they add more cities though, the nearest I could get to my home is a city 20 miles away. It's still really cool though :)

Accordion
December 19th, 2006, 11:32
well it definately works...and the globe is good....but i will rarely use it really, my house has windows in it!

zidanerick
December 19th, 2006, 11:37
Awesome!!!
It's Like Google Earth for your Wii!! XD

shadowprophet
December 19th, 2006, 13:28
Now what about the news channel ? ;)

I hadnt recived a wii-mail from nintendo, But after I saw there where people that had it working already, I tried the forcast channel. I downloaded the update and it works!!

So i suppose its out in the US as of now actuelly :)

The globe feature is a nice touch. Its for the most part everything I had hoped it would be :D

DPyro
December 19th, 2006, 13:50
Sweet, just updated now :D

Jay_PaRaDoX
December 19th, 2006, 15:51
Great! I love the Globe!! Nintendo does need to add new places, but its excellent for being new. Looking forward to the Opera and News Chanels.

Ryupowerup
December 19th, 2006, 16:05
I live in the USA
and the got wii-mail form nintendo
the Wii Forecast Channel is working

shadowprophet
December 19th, 2006, 16:12
i wonder why others are getting wii-mails about this and i didnt,

I must be on nintendos naughty list or something :thumbup: lol

Xiofire
December 19th, 2006, 17:27
Yep, woke up to see my disc drive glowing blue this morning with the Wii mail from Nintendo :)
Its OK but not that usefull. Still cool
-Xiofire

Accordion
December 19th, 2006, 17:55
dont know if anyone has noticed, but you dont even need to start the channel to find out you local weather report. if you have set up your location, just click the channel and you get get the latest information instantly, then just click "wii menu"