PDA

View Full Version : Website that announced the Fake PSP TA-082 Downgrader Apologize

wraggster
December 18th, 2006, 22:39
Hmm heres the apology from the PSPhaxors website for the fake downgrader released yesterday:

On behalf of PSP-HaXors, I would personally like to apologize for the recent release of the fake TA-082 downgrader by dark_thug.

Once it was emailed to me, I was skeptical. The sizes of the so-called ".thug" files matched the sizes of the Official Sony 1.50 firmware eboot and 2.71 eboot files.

So instead of releasing a fake downgrader to the scene, I held on to it.

With no proof, I finally decided to get it tested in a live test.

Without a TA-082 PSP myself to test it, I gave it out to test to 3 people who asked for it.

When all three came back saying it worked, I released it, with the proper cautions.

Numerous people from PSP hacking sites reported success, and a few, bricks, so I assumed it was working.

That was until birdman and Dark_AleX said it was a hoax, and could neither downgrade nor brick a PSP.

It was fake, and we've all seen fakes in the past. And will probably continue to see them.

Instead of pointing fingers at the testers, it's better to just move on.

Again, I am sorry for posting it without the proper proof.

- Chaos Zero -

Remember all, Fakes only ruin the scene we try so hard to work for.

ExcruciationX
December 18th, 2006, 22:46
Well, I guess that's alright.

psp fan
December 18th, 2006, 22:54
Oh well lets all move on its not like its the first one to be released and i hope no one from dcemu got a brick from it or anyone if so my condolences ppl.

goaliedude
December 18th, 2006, 23:09
ya thx 4 the apology

the_eternal_dark
December 18th, 2006, 23:38
Chaos Zero wouldn't have done that if he had known. I'm just glad its gone now, silly poser (ewww so 90's).

Briggzy11
December 18th, 2006, 23:38
Next time ask me to test...

...I have 4 PSP's now...2 are TA-082 and I dont mind testing something like that ok. These hoaxers are damaging to the scene and all of them are just dissappointments in life, shame on them!!!

SSaxdude
December 18th, 2006, 23:42
We still love you Chaos Zero. Nobody's PSP bricked, so it's fine.

XpspX
December 19th, 2006, 00:02
...i hope no one from dcemu got a brick from it or anyone if so my condolences ppl.

I'm glad for your wishful thinking that no one bricked, but according to birdman and DAX no one could have bricked. I dont know how they got brick reportings if that is true though.

That was until birdman and Dark_AleX said it was a hoax, and could neither downgrade nor brick a PSP.

Anyways, Thanks for the apology.

LC_killer
December 19th, 2006, 06:46
yea that was really kool to appoligise. not many people would, people would have. although no harm was done, it takes a big man.

dejkirkby
December 19th, 2006, 07:03
Cheers for the apology Chaos Zero. No harm, no foul.

Skateblind
December 19th, 2006, 11:47
Its always great to hear an apology, cause it shows dedication to the community, but I'm not very impressed by these 'testers'. I think someone should have a chat with them and ask them what the heck they were thinking of. Were they part of the hoax or just bloody stupid? Anyway, we all know Chaos wouldn't do something like this, so I think we all need to show him some support and also find these fools who released this program and figure out some way of naming and shaming them.