PDA

View Full Version : Wii weather channel now forecasting

wraggster
December 19th, 2006, 17:17
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=152524)

It's a sad moment in the CVG office this morning, as the promised Wii Forecast Channel activates around the world, eliminating the need for us to ogle at visually-pleasing GMTV weather girls every morning with our toast.

The Forecast Channel - in case you haven't jumped to conclusions yet - allows you to check the weather on your Wii by spinning a big 3D globe. You can even check the weather in parts of the world outside blighty, and get a heads up of that ruddy great storm that's currently tearing up west coast USA.

To get the new channel on your Wii, simply choose 'update' on your empty Forecast Channel menu screen.

Screens Via Comments

Jonesyxxiv
December 19th, 2006, 19:49
The Forecast channel is kind of cool. I like the way nintendo does updates. They send a message to you message board with a picture on it and the opion to update right from the meassge.

geise69
December 20th, 2006, 01:13
I got home from work today and noticed my Wii was glowing blue like when it's accessing a Wii disc. I was like wtf is this all about. So I figured there might be an update and yes it was the Wii channel. I was pretty impressed with it. I also like how nintendo lets you know there's an update.