PDA

View Full Version : CFW Pro C

wraggster
June 11th, 2012, 11:33
via http://wololo.net/2012/06/10/release-cfw-pro-c/

Some of you might think this is old news, having seen Pro CFW C released a long time ago on other websites. This is not. Yesterday, Pro CFW C “fix 3″ was added to the official list of downloads on their google code page. This is in my opinion the first really stable release of Pro CFW C, and this is why I am updating our download page only today.

The beta versions had a few issues, including a bug in the CIPL flasher which could cause bricks. Thankfully, this issue of course only happened on hackable motherboards which could be fixed with Pandora batteries. This is now fixed with this release, and I personally verified it on my PSP 1000.

The major improvement of Pro C over Pro B is the possibility to access the Prometheus online system, a free gaming service that allows you to play adhoc games online. In other words, your PSP believes you are in the same room as your friends, and allows you to play adhoc games over the internet. We discuss here why this is a great solution compared to alternatives such as adhoc party or xlink kai.

If you are new to the world of Custom Firmwares on the PSP, or interested but worried about the installation process, do give it a try. The times have changed: installing Pro CFW is risk free (the default installation process is designed to be less risky than installing an official firmware, by not touching any critical files), and is a two-steps operation. An up-to-date and noob-friendly tutorial on how to install it can be found on my cfw for dummies guide.

Pro CFW gives you access to hundreds of homebrews and emulators, plugin support, recovery utilities to repair your psp, additional Ram on most models of PSP, integrated iso supports, and today access to a free online gaming service, that supports more games than the official Sony solution. In simpler words, there is no good reason to stay on Official Firmware today on a PSP.

DOWNLOAD VIA COMMENTS