PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Pro 5 or Power Tab for psp

sok98
December 19th, 2006, 21:50
If someone could port one of these programs that would be incredible for myself and many other gutiarists.

TacticalBread
December 21st, 2006, 20:43
No source = No port

sok98
December 24th, 2006, 22:09
well then maybe someone could make a program for psp that could jut read gp5 files or something... thatd be really cool too

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Pro#Open_source_alternatives go to open source alternatives and theres a bunch of programs that could be ported hopefully :)

GuitarGod1134
January 4th, 2007, 00:07
Im working on implemementing text reading into my Guitarhelper application. so that you can copy a tab into a text file and open it with my guitarhelper app. So far though I can only get it to read one line. Expect it in a couple releaeses.

sok98
January 7th, 2007, 05:55
Thats awesome! Will it play the tab through the speakers or jsut display it? Either way very useful

Bytrix
January 8th, 2007, 15:23
I have been working on a little app which works like a very simple Guitar Pro with playback. I'll take a look at those open souce progs to see how their GP importers work and see if I can add that to my app. Don't expect a release any time soon though, I don't expect to be releasing the first beta for another month.

GuitarGod1134
January 8th, 2007, 17:41
No I wouldnt be able to make it play the song because

1. thats really hard and there are virtually an infinite number of tabs and i would have to develope some kind of tab player it would jsut be to hard

2. copyright would be a big problem, having thier song play.

I could add a feature where while looking at the tab you could play a music file in a certain directory but the file would have to be put there yourself.

sok98
January 9th, 2007, 04:40
Bytrix that sounds amazing too! If you can get it done that be incredible!!

ICE
January 9th, 2007, 05:06
freaking awesome!! that would rule!!

Bytrix
January 12th, 2007, 13:50
Well I managed to put a little app together that will read a GP3 file and play it over midi on my PC. It's a start, now I'm just trying to work out an interface for this little app and get a PSP version made.

sok98
January 19th, 2007, 02:19
sweet sounds good!

Bytrix
February 7th, 2007, 11:46
Well, I have got a gp3 file playing a very simple file I created using a single instrument and no overlapping notes (16 note riff). It's a start atleast.

Once I figure out how to:

1. Play / combine more than one note at the same time.
2. Play different sounds for different instruments (currently all just a kind of beep).
3. Load gp4 and gp5 formats (but ignore the extra information).

Then I will probably release a beta and start a release thread. Note there is no editing at the moment and even the display of the tab is bad, but all things that can be improved/added later once the files are playing correctly.

kharaboudjan
March 4th, 2007, 13:58
sounds so great that ppl are wotking on guitar tools for the psp!!! :) lets hope we can get the ideas to work!

rhysdigby
February 13th, 2008, 13:53
This is great stuff. How long do you think it will be for you put it into Beta phase?

xstux
July 2nd, 2008, 10:54
i tried to install this on my psp and it said the data is corupted? do i need custom firmware to run this?

rhysdigby
August 20th, 2008, 17:38
hey yes you do need custom firmware to run any homebrew.

larz258
November 30th, 2008, 09:03
Bytrix, is that done yet? Can it/will it be able to play/write lyrics (show them not actually sing them) as well as tabs? and it will be able to wright tabs, right?

tillo
January 23rd, 2009, 15:30
No source = No port

hello people i am sorry to dissapoint you those who want to figth with sources yourselves but you can check on the tuxguitar source code it is an open source program indeed so i think you "codemasters" can "portabilize" it. i would appreciate it, oh i forgot tuxguitar is able to open all power tabs and guitar pro archives and lot more.
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/ ____(main webpage)

http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/download.html _____(the ovious download page)

JLF65
January 23rd, 2009, 22:42
hello people i am sorry to dissapoint you those who want to figth with sources yourselves but you can check on the tuxguitar source code it is an open source program indeed so i think you "codemasters" can "portabilize" it. i would appreciate it, oh i forgot tuxguitar is able to open all power tabs and guitar pro archives and lot more.
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/ ____(main webpage)

http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/download.html _____(the ovious download page)

Err... one tiny problem with TuxGuitar...

TuxGuitar 1.0 supports JVM 1.4 specification. That means it is compliant with most third-party JVM distributions, but Sun JVM is recommended.

It's written in Java. What you'd need is a dev who can convert from "regular" Java into "Mobile Edition" Java, which is available for the PSP, or who could make gcj work on the PSP toolchain.

clirulz123
February 26th, 2009, 12:59
wait... now how do i get it to run on psp??