PDA

View Full Version : Alfonso Cuaron talks Book 7

wraggster
December 19th, 2006, 23:26
News via Mugglenet (http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/548)

Slash Film has a new interview with Prisoner of Azkaban director Alfonso Cuaron and another film director Guillermo Del Toro. In it, Cuaron discusses whether Harry could possibly die in the final book:

"I don't know, I had this same conversation with someone the other day about that. In one hand it makes sense, in the other hand - how do you finish Harry Potter if you kill Harry? What is the resolution of the tale? How is she going to finish the seven books and not have an temptation to do an eighth book? I don't know. And that kind of stuff, I have a really good relationship with JK but I don't mess with that."

He goes on to mention a recent phone call he received from Jo congratulating him on his film Children of Men:

"She really loved Children of Men. And we started talking and I said that it was a tough process doing the movie because of the brutality of what you're doing, of what we're picturing. And then she conveyed to me, 'yes, yes, it's been hard for me because when you do writing about hard stuff, you have to sleep with that.' But I don't go into details."