PDA

View Full Version : Wii “Christmas surprise” revealed: free VC games?

gunntims0103
December 20th, 2006, 04:15
news via nintendic (http://www.nintendic.com/news/211)

Not so long ago Reggie promised us a “Christmas surprise” for the Wii, and massive speculation ran through the Internets. Browser channel? Mario Galaxy demo? In my opinion, it’s something almost as good and far more plausible than that demo: Super Mario Bros., Toe Jam & Earl, and R-Type are going to hit the Virtual Console on Christmas, for free! (We hope. Doubt is a terrible thing.)

We here at Nintendic absolutely love that price point. This news comes from the NeoGAF forums, with screenshots obtained from switching some things on Firefox and visiting the Wii shop on your computer. ICGamers Wiki guru Messiah checked into it himself, and he says it’s legit, so we’re not basing this newspost on forum speculation.

juancarlos
December 20th, 2006, 05:49
Free!!!! no way. Probably the VC Wii games are listed as free before release... Hope not.

rbervoets
December 20th, 2006, 07:51
are you allowed to download all the games or just 1 ???

And if ur only allowed 1 then wich would u pick ???

Id choose Super smash Bros

Ewan
December 20th, 2006, 13:15
are you allowed to download all the games or just 1 ???

And if ur only allowed 1 then wich would u pick ???

Id choose Super smash Bros

That's Super MARIO Brothers, just to clarify. I wonder if it'll be a "one day only" deal, where you have to "buy" it on Christmas day or you have to buy it...

rbervoets
December 20th, 2006, 13:34
That's Super MARIO Brothers, just to clarify. I wonder if it'll be a "one day only" deal, where you have to "buy" it on Christmas day or you have to buy it...

Oh ...

I Miss read :o

I would pick Super mario Bros !!!!

shadowprophet
December 20th, 2006, 13:59
It would be even cooler if nintendo just gave everyone some wii points and let them pick what they wanted though:cool:

Joel92
December 20th, 2006, 14:21
well, what about the people without any internet? poor them.