PDA

View Full Version : Big Wii Titles Held Til Xmas 07?

gunntims0103
December 20th, 2006, 04:22
news via kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/metroid-prime-3%253a-corruption/big-wii-titles-held-til-xmas-07-223052.php)

Nintendo fans looking forward to their next big Wii game or their next Zelda fix are just going to have to hold tight a little longer than they may have anticipated. According to CVG and their "sources close to Nintendo" we shouldn't expect to see either Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption or The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass until at the earliest third quarter of 2007.

While titles like Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and (hopefully) Fire Emblem will help fill the void, the wait for what will surely be top-tier 40+ hour adventures now seems heartbreaking.

Nintendo spokesfolk would not confirm a late shipping window to the CVG crew, but did commit to a calendar year 2007 release date for all three. The odds of one of those marquee games slipping into '08 wouldn't surprise me one bit, though.

ninja9393
December 20th, 2006, 05:07
DANG! i am going to have to wait for metroid prime 3 even longer:(

SwordOfZork
December 20th, 2006, 06:28
I really hope this isn't true. I was totally burned out waiting this long for Zelda, and Metroid Prime 3 was the one game I was looking forward to more than any other on Wii.

Gottaa
December 20th, 2006, 07:09
I can imagine they are considering holding back one major title's EU release (only the EU release mind) for when the PS3 does finally hit the stores in the EU. March is the time Metroid is currently down for release so I did assume if PS3 release slipped in the EU, so would the EU release of Metroid. There are enough other games I'm looking forward to that I'll be happy waiting for Metroid, the other 2 I'm not fussed about anyway.

werpu
December 20th, 2006, 07:33
I hope that okami once will be ported to the Wii. It now would make perfect sense since the next Zelda is way off.