PDA

View Full Version : No software drought for Wii, pledges Fils-Aime

wraggster
December 20th, 2006, 17:50
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has promised that the Wii will not suffer from a lack of software titles as other Nintendo consoles have done in the past.

Speaking to Newsweek, Fils-Aime highlighted three games - Zelda: Twilight Princess ("arguably the best game we've ever made"), Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy - as examples of key titles for the Wii.

He said that Metroid was down for a release "early in 2007", while Mario Galaxy will be "strategically" timed "to make sure that we continue driving momentum through 2007".

"How do I answer the question, "Will there be no drought," and "How will we make sure that there are fantastic titles for Wii?" The answer is Zelda, Metroid and Mario. Which is a pretty darn good lineup," Fils-Aime concluded.

When then asked if he'd repeat George Bush's infamous "read my lips" pledge to deliver games at a steady pace, the NoA president added, "I thought I just did."

Speaking to MTV News recently, Fils-Aime said that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption would be the next big first party title after WarioWare: Smooth Moves (January) and Mario Party 8 (March), while Mario Galaxy would arrive sometime between March and Christmas 2007.

via gibiz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21868)