PDA

View Full Version : No Wii Shortage Here, Says Nintendo Australia

wraggster
December 20th, 2006, 18:12
via kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wii/no-wii-shortage-here-says-nintendo-australia-223080.php)

The pictures, videos and articles of lines and shortages surrounding Wii restocks in North America makes for compelling viewing. Unfortunately, it also looks like it's leading to some stupid behaviour, with some Australians assuming the shortages in the US translate into shortages globally. Hint: if you read it on CNN, it's probably not local.

Sensing a scam, Australians are snapping up Wiis and selling them off on eBay to crazed, desperate shoppers, often for double the retail price. Only problem is the Wii is available in stores here so long as you a bit of searching, especially at some of the big department stores, and "there are continuous shipments going out from here on", according to Nintendo Australia.

Take a deep breath. There's plenty for everyone

georgel
December 20th, 2006, 20:40
Hi ,

first post. you say we can get them if we look hard enough in the uk. i have been looking for over a week and no one seems to have any wii in stock

anybody know were i can get hold of one

George

Miria
December 21st, 2006, 02:28
LMAO you could try and import it from Australia..

duckharding30
December 21st, 2006, 08:42
Continuos shipments of consoles maybe but try getting a friggin component cable here in aust and i guarantee that u will be left high and dry, i rang so many stores australia wide and was given the same response, oh except for the mighty EB games who had one in stock but their policy is not to ship orders out u must collect in person ( i am not desperate enough to take a 3.5 hour drive there to get it plus the relaxing 3.5 hours back) so i tried to buy direct from nintendo and was told that i could only get it through retail outlets. So while i love my wii i think nintendo need to get their sh*t together.