PDA

View Full Version : PS3 and Wii commercial diversity

gunntims0103
December 20th, 2006, 19:53
From my own experiences from watching tv and seeing countless commercials advertising the Nintendo Wii and the PS3, I have come to notice something. In the commercials advertising the PS3, the commercials don't actually advertise anything about the playablility of games nor does it advertise for features or graphics. The PS3 advertisment commercial always shows metaphor or sibliminal messages.

Example: In one PS3 commercial you see a plastic baby doll and its crying with a PS3 next to it in a all white room. Its actually kind of "freaky". It doesnt show anything that has to do with the PS3. Quite bizzare.

While on the other hand the Nintendo Wii's commercials always show the playablility of games, new features and over all fun factor of owning a Wii.

I would like to know the thoughts on this from users on DCEmu

Accordion
December 20th, 2006, 21:28
i actually like most of sonys advertising...upto the dismal psp effort though, but the ps3 seems back on form...

in fact i believe the crazymotions shown in the Wii adverts are more misleading

VampDude
December 20th, 2006, 21:43
we don't have PS3 comercials in the UK yet (only Wii), can't wait to see SONY's T.V. marketing ploy's for the PS3!

gamerremag
December 23rd, 2006, 01:50
wii kicks *** i dont care if the ps3 can turn into a robot that you can play with.....

i still have R.O.B.

the_eternal_dark
December 23rd, 2006, 18:35
i actually like most of sonys advertising...upto the dismal psp effort though, but the ps3 seems back on form...

in fact i believe the crazymotions shown in the Wii adverts are more misleading

I don't see it as misleading, really you could play the games like that or how ever you wanted.

gamerremag
December 23rd, 2006, 20:21
how is it misleading? thats exactly how i play mine, especially when im showin it (the wii) off

the_eternal_dark
December 23rd, 2006, 22:33
how is it misleading? thats exactly how i play mine, especially when im showin it (the wii) off

Call of Duty 3 would be fun to play like in the commercials...