PDA

View Full Version : 26 Wii And 66 DS Games In Q1 2007, Delays, New DS In 2007

gunntims0103
December 20th, 2006, 20:39
news via playfuls (http://www.playfuls.com/news_8699_26_Wii_And_66_DS_Games_In_Q1_2007_Delays _New_DS_In_2007.html)

Nintendo is making sure to keep those games rolling out by the lot all through the winter, and into the spring of 2007. The Japanese publisher has already promised to release another 26 Wii games and 66 DS games in the first quarter of 2007, complementing their already rich "launch period" line-up on the Wii and adding a staggering number of new DS titles. The overall quality may not look too high, but the sheer number of options gamers will have should be enough to keep Nintendo on par (at the very least) with their next-gen opposition.

Among the Wii games set for release in Q1 2007 are titles such as Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (the only one set for a January release), Excite Truck (in February), and then from March onward SSX Blur, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Heatseaker, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of (W)WII and many more.

Over on the DS, the list is topped by Children of Mana (in January) and includes Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (in February) and such oddities as Rayman Raving Rabbids, The Settlers or Theme Park. This is but a small fraction of what Nintendo has lined up for early 2007, and you can see both lists - for Wii and DS - complete with release dates for each game on N-Europe.

There are still many notable absents from those Q1 2007 line-ups, some of which won't be coming out until the end of 2007. As CVG has learned from "reliable sources close to Nintendo", Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on Wii, and Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on DS will not see light of day until Christmas 2007, which could mean anything from October to December.

So 2007 is going to be yet another busy year for Nintendo, especially now that a new rumour also seems to indicate the arrival (or at least the announcement) of a new version of DS next year in Japan. The info originates from various Japanese blogs and boards (via JeuxFrance), and it tells about wider screens for the new DS (3.5-3.8 inches, instead of 3.0 in the current version). Also, Nintendo will supposedly release new colors for its Wii console during Spring 2007 in Japan.

Xiofire
December 21st, 2006, 12:34
A new DS? If it gets any smaller, it'll be Annerxic! LOL

-Xiofire

abeisgreat
December 21st, 2006, 16:31
Let the ds die already, it was great but now they need something better like thr Pii (Portable Wii)

the_eternal_dark
December 21st, 2006, 19:43
Let the ds die already, it was great but now they need something better like thr Pii (Portable Wii)

No, it won't die yet, probably not for a long while at the rate games and systems are being sold.

Nintendo is going to have something up their sleeve for the DS and Wii, possibly (almost definately) a DS/Wii connection/download station.

dejkirkby
December 21st, 2006, 20:02
The DS is a long way from dead yet. While sales are so strong, Nintendo won't kill it off. Hell, they still haven't killed of the GBA yet.

Xiofire
December 21st, 2006, 20:05
Im buying a DS Lite soon, and was wondering which one to get, the White or the Black. Which would yew get?
Thanks
-Xiofire

dejkirkby
December 21st, 2006, 20:06
The black looks better than the white IMO, but you can always buy a vinyl for it.
http://search.ebay.co.uk/ds-lite-vinyl_W0QQfromZR41QQssPageNameZWLRS

Xiofire
December 21st, 2006, 20:09
yeah, but i heard it smudges like mad. Thanks for the fast reply

Might get a black one, wonder how much ill get for my DS Phat if i trade it in......?

-Xiofire

Xiofire
December 21st, 2006, 21:34
Or should i wait for this, "New" DS?

-Xiofire

Junixx
December 21st, 2006, 21:53
Hm...I doubt there will be a new DS, I mean..think about, it says it rumoured to have wider screens..i dont think it would happen.

Anyway i have my bro's white DS Lite, I like the white one better, but black is very close to it ;)

Xiofire
December 21st, 2006, 21:59
Yep, ordered my white DS Lite and Sonic Rush.
Thanks guys

-Xiofire

JD/
December 21st, 2006, 22:08
I would wait a DS phat isn't all that bad i got one :p you'll kick your self hard if a new DS comes out and you bought the DS lite.