PDA

View Full Version : PS3 not flying off the shelves?

gunntims0103
December 20th, 2006, 20:52
news via boomtown (http://www.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=13084)

Several reports suggest that demand in the US for PlayStation 3 is not all Sony could hope for.

A company which tracks the availability of items at online stores says it has noticed a drop in demand for PlayStation 3. Rather than selling out, many consoles are being left unsold.

It seems that the outrageous bundles being forced on consumers by retailers have turned custom away. Ian Drake explained the difference his company had seen since the launch of Xbox 360.

"Last year, at NotifyWire.com, we tracked several one thousand dollar Xbox 360 bundles which would sell out in less than two minutes after becoming available," Drake told PWWeb. "Just today, a one thousand dollar (£507) PS3 bundle was in stock at eToys.com for over 12 hours. This sort of thing didn't happen with the Xbox 360 until well after Christmas."

A quick visit to Ebay also shows that PlayStation 3 consoles just aren't as in demand as you might expect. With many consoles going for just over retail price rather than the riches the sellers may have hoped for. In fact it's really easy to get hold of a PlayStation 3 via the auction site,

"I think we're already at the point where many people won't pay a premium for the console or be forced into buying bundles," added Drake.

It seems there are plenty of people who would like a PlayStation 3, they just aren't willing to get ripped off when doing so.

SSaxdude
December 20th, 2006, 21:03
The prices on ebay of PS3s have gone down significantly.

irongiant
December 21st, 2006, 10:29
Well it's blatantly obvious that last year it was different, the 360 had zero competition. This xmas the PS3, Wii and 360 are all competing for people's money. Journalism at it's finest.

Makaveli777
December 22nd, 2006, 09:08
This guy needs to tell me where the PS3s are at. Every where I go its sold out. Only place I can seem to find them is Ebay

cswallstreet
December 24th, 2006, 19:49
There were 8 playstation 3s at my local walmart sitting in the shelf and it took a day and a half to sell 8 of them. they were the 60gp ones.

Junixx
December 25th, 2006, 01:39
There was a couple PS3's sitting in a walmart near me a few weeks ago, but when i went a couple days ago they were gone