PDA

View Full Version : PixerFixer by crait

crait
December 20th, 2006, 20:58
http://www.astris.com/dpl/gr/LCD.jpg

Hey guys, I decided to create a program that randomly prints thick lines to your psp screen. The program is used to unstick stuck pixels from your screen without the need of downloading a 30 megabyte video that does the same exact thing.
This way, people can actually fit it on thier memory card. Especially for those who only have a 32 megabyte card. The Eboot file is about 150kb.
This works on 1.0 and 2.00+ psp's. It will also work on a 1.5 psp if you have custom firmware installed.

Enjoy!

Any questions? Comments? Requests?
Please IM me on Aim. My sn is "thecrait" without the quotes.
Or, you can visit a fast growing online community at http://z8.invisionfree.com/Systems_and_Sketches/

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

SSaxdude
December 20th, 2006, 21:13
If this works, you are awesome!

Edit: Tried it and it fixed my dead pixels.

Vega
December 20th, 2006, 21:13
hope this works dude . . . ive tried pixel fixers before but had no luck. Will try it now!

Thanks and sweet release!

paughthead
December 20th, 2006, 21:14
This is great, gonna download it now.
thanks so much.

ExcruciationX
December 20th, 2006, 21:29
I was wondering when someone was going to make something like this!

Nice job, crait!

DarthPaul
December 20th, 2006, 21:32
all pixel fixers that ive tried doesnt worked...ill try this one now

crait
December 20th, 2006, 21:35
all pixel fixers that ive tried doesnt worked...ill try this one now

dont get confused with dead pixels
nothing fixes those

Vega
December 20th, 2006, 21:36
Any tests yet? I would test it out but Im busy encoding music at the minute . . . taking forever :(

DarthPaul
December 20th, 2006, 21:37
testing right now:D

Gene
December 20th, 2006, 21:38
My psp has some one stuck pixel, well it's more like it is stubborn. you see it changes from White, to Black, to Green, to Violet, and so on, but it doesn't want to change to any shade of Red or Orange. I was just going to ask if this is a common problem, and if it can be fixed.

If there is a difference; it is about 1 centimeter out, and 1/2 a centimeter above the bottom right corner of the lcd.

If you would like, i could post a picture of how it looks.
thank you for your help

Oh and i have tested this, and i'm hopefull.

I just realized i had one more question.

about how long should i leave this program on, if it will fix my problem that is?

DarthPaul
December 20th, 2006, 21:39
dont get confused with dead pixels
nothing fixes those

dude,i have all kinds of damaged pixels on my psp lol,ive red,yellow,green...and i dont remember what other color.

DarthPaul
December 20th, 2006, 21:41
oh and how much time do i have to spend with this?

crait
December 20th, 2006, 21:41
Yeah
My brother stepped on my psp
and it messed up like this little blob of pixels
i have like 7 dead pixels grouped right there, and a lot of pixels around them with a dark black tint
i left it on for about a minute, flipping through the color brightness ever few seconds, and no more dark tented pixels!
I am actually very surprised with my results :-p

Xiofire
December 20th, 2006, 21:42
Cool program.
I was bored so i made a 1.50 version! Enjoy!
-Xiofire

crait
December 20th, 2006, 21:43
oh and how much time do i have to spend with this?

i did it for about a minute, switching the brightness of the screen every 2-3 seconds

paughthead
December 20th, 2006, 21:54
Great program! I had 2 stuck pixels, fixed them both :D

danknugz
December 20th, 2006, 21:55
just last night-
my psp fell under my recliner and i leaned forward to pick it up, the corner of the chair totaly squished my psp! i shat, of course, 1/3 of the screen was messed up, all while from the pressure! luckily, after a little while most of the pxels fixed themslefs! psp is amazing, i thought i was screwed! now theres just one pixel in the middle stuck blue, and a cluster of afour 30 that show wieird in a blue background. anythings better than a cracked screen, which is what i thought i had for aminute! man im lucky!

-=me=-
December 20th, 2006, 21:56
this app looks cool.

i dont have bad pixels though, im good like that :P

DarthPaul
December 20th, 2006, 22:02
thanks for the help crait:) great work

crait
December 20th, 2006, 22:08
Great program! I had 2 stuck pixels, fixed them both :D

thanks for the help crait:) great work

No problem guys

ORANGE8888
December 20th, 2006, 22:19
where do you put the eboot.pbp

crait
December 20th, 2006, 22:27
where do you put the eboot.pbp
ms0::/psp/game/pixer/eboot.pbp

ORANGE8888
December 20th, 2006, 22:31
thanx

The_It
December 20th, 2006, 22:43
lol, can someone give me a detailed explanation on how this can fix pixels, and the difference between a dead pixel and a stuck pixel?

this would make a cool screensaver

TacticalBread
December 20th, 2006, 22:52
lol, can someone give me a detailed explanation on how this can fix pixels, and the difference between a dead pixel and a stuck pixel?

this would make a cool screensaver

It's really quite simple.

A dead pixel, is as the name suggests, dead, and cannot be fixed.

A stuck pixel, is also as the name suggests, stuck, and can be fixed, if stimulated right.

pspforme!!
December 20th, 2006, 23:22
are dead pixels always black because i have a few messed up pixels that are white and i am wondering if their dead or stuck

Vendeta
December 20th, 2006, 23:39
My pixles are red(i think there stuck) but whats the best way to run this????
i had the old video pixle fixer on 2 days last time.... PLZ HELP SOON!

crait
December 20th, 2006, 23:45
My pixles are red(i think there stuck) but whats the best way to run this????
i had the old video pixle fixer on 2 days last time.... PLZ HELP SOON!

put this inside the ms0:/psp/game/pixer/ directory. then go to game and run it for 1 minute switching the brightness setting ever 2 - 4 seconds.

there ya go man

Vendeta
December 20th, 2006, 23:48
but ive done that for 5 min and no dice.... and i-- i really want this to work T_T

shedeus
December 20th, 2006, 23:52
crait,

how can one tell the difference between stuck pixels - in my case white in color - and lint that can be under the screen?

NeoXCS
December 20th, 2006, 23:54
Thanks for the release, I've not tried a pixel fixer yet even though I have a few stuck ones. I'm gonna try this one out. :)

crait
December 21st, 2006, 00:07
If your pixel does not change colors then it is one of the following: stuck pixel, dead pixel
a dead pixil is when the pixel usually stays black. and in some rare cases, white, red, blue, green. these cannot be fixed
stuck pixels are often one color. a different color or a mix of the listed above. i.e. orange, purple, pink, yellow. these are sometimes red, blue, green or white too. (but there is no way of telling the difference between the dead or stuck version of these four colors.) these can be fixed
also, tented pixels (pixels of a shade of a certain color that change, but stays that color of tent) are considered stuck pixels. these can be fixed too

Gene
December 21st, 2006, 00:14
crait,

how can one tell the difference between stuck pixels - in my case white in color - and lint that can be under the screen?

To figure out if its Dust or a dead pixel, turn off your psp.

next get a very bright flashlight, and shine it in the area that you think may be "contaminated" if you see white specs, then you have dust under your screen. if you don't see anything then you have either, 1 a stuck pixel. Or, 2 a dead pixel.

hope that helped a bit.

crait
December 21st, 2006, 00:20
To figure out if its Dust or a dead pixel, turn off your psp.

next get a very bright flashlight, and shine it in the area that you think may be "contaminated" if you see white specs, then you have dust under your screen. if you don't see anything then you have either, 1 a stuck pixel. Or, 2 a dead pixel.

hope that helped a bit.

Thanks for taking care of that for me

sok98
December 21st, 2006, 01:46
this just saved my psp:D i brought my psp to school cuz my gig stick broke and when i came home the screen had a giant black dot and i realized it was internal and this just got rid of ti :D thgank you so much

Pumped'Up
December 21st, 2006, 03:27
thanks crait!

Pumped'Up
December 21st, 2006, 03:36
btw, for those with 1.5 fw, use KXploit to convert the eboot.

uneekracer
December 21st, 2006, 03:36
good work

razorak
December 21st, 2006, 04:19
hmm...i'm gonna try this out

ninja9393
December 21st, 2006, 05:09
nice job crait

i just fixed 2 pixels :)

crait
December 21st, 2006, 05:51
nice job crait

i just fixed 2 pixels :)

np chap
get on aim so we can chat sometime

benn
December 21st, 2006, 10:00
Cool program.
I was bored so i made a 1.50 version! Enjoy!
-Xiofire

hurrah - cheers man. will test now.

eambo
December 21st, 2006, 10:37
Thanks very much dude =-) I had 2/3 stuck pixels and I ran this for a minute, at the end changing the brightness. It seems to have worked a treat. Better than the flashing video that didn't actually work on my psp >.> Thanks!

blackrave
December 21st, 2006, 15:16
Thanks a lot for this app, crait! It fixed quite a few of my stuck pixels, which is great!

But I still have a few at the top of the screen which won't get fixed. I think it's because the coloured slopes don't go up so far often enough.

So I'll have to let it stay on for a while more or just try another method to get rid of those as well.

But thanks a lot again, crait! It really works. :)

crait
December 21st, 2006, 16:50
Thanks very much dude [

Don't call me dude. I'm not a stoner anymore.
Np guys

IHadToReRegisterwtf
December 21st, 2006, 16:57
I never noticed anything wrong with the pixels on my psp. Did they fix newer psp's? When I bought my psp it was at 2.5 already

crait
December 21st, 2006, 17:13
No. There were probably only 1000 psp's with dead pixels at launch.
Stuck pixels and dead pixels are mainly caused by the owners or people, or anything really. Not Sony.

Reedius
December 21st, 2006, 21:51
how do i know if my psp has stuck or dead pixels?
i tried the program and waited 2 minutes while alternating the light and then a just went out and everything stayed the same, is that good?

IHadToReRegisterwtf
December 21st, 2006, 21:58
how do i know if my psp has stuck or dead pixels?

Because you'd see it dumby. :rofl:

mlcurly16
December 22nd, 2006, 05:32
I have a ridiculous amount of dead pixels on my PSP. Hope this works! Great work, either way!

kawkeyedmonkeey
December 22nd, 2006, 08:37
does this work with FW3.0+? because it keeps saying its corrupt :(

Axelius
December 22nd, 2006, 15:18
Unfortunately you can't run homebrew on 3.0+ (yet) and this pixel fixer is a piece of homebrew...

ps3udo
December 3rd, 2007, 02:17
Hi everyone, I've got 3.71 m33-2 on my slim. would I be able to use this on it?