PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo to drop Pokemon DS titles in Apr.

gunntims0103
December 20th, 2006, 22:44
news via punchjump (http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=3555)

Nintendo on Wed. announced that it will drop Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl to U.S. retail on Apr. 22.

The two titles are the latest installments in the best-selling Pokemon franchise.

New features in the game include a new region called Sinnoh, new Pokemon, and Pokemon transfer to the Game Boy Advance via the GBA game slot on the Nintendo DS.

"After recently celebrating its 10th anniversary, the Pokemon franchise continues to get stronger," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "These two new titles represent the best that Pokemon has to offer, and a great opportunity for Game Boy users to upgrade to Nintendo DS."

Pokemon games have sold 155 million units worldwide to date. Initial sales for Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl broke sales records in Sept.

The Nintendo DS is the current handheld market leader at over 21 million units sold worldwide. Titles include Yoshi's Island DS, Elite Beat Agents, and Brain Age.

galgor
December 21st, 2006, 00:53
Misleading title anyone?

canvasch
December 21st, 2006, 07:20
yeah it is.. i thought that nintendo was gonna stop making pokemon games for the DS based off the title.. lol well it did get me to read the article... if it was like "pokemon pearl and diamond comming out in the us in april" i prolly wouldn't have read it :p

ACID
December 22nd, 2006, 09:43
Why the Fart is it taking so long. :(