PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Shango46 PSP Auto installer for TA-082

shango46
December 21st, 2006, 15:24
This is my very first release for the PSP scene but not my last. It is an auto installer for 2.71 firmware TA-082 PSP's.

Here is more info.

Shango46 PSPAutoInstall v.01 BETA
================================================== ==================

First of I would like to say that this is my very first program for
Windows. I am a professional coder by no means so dont expect anything
flashy right yet. I am just learning on my own free time.

Secondly, in case you are unaware of what this is, it is an Auto
installer for PSP's that are using 2.71 firmware and have a TA-082
motherboard (nasty little thing).

Whats Included:

- Booster's DevHook 0.4X for 2.71
- Booster's DevHook 0.46
- 1.50 Firmware
- 2.71 Firmware
- Homebrew Enabler rev D (HEND) by Dark_AleX

How to install:

1. Connect your PSP to your PC via USB.
2. On the PSP, go to "Settings" and select "USB Connection"
3. When the PSP is recognized by the PC (Windows XP) open
"PSPAutoInstall.msi".
4. When prompted to choose where to install, choose the drive
letter assigned to the PSP by Windows and select "Next".
5. The installation takes a few minutes so go get a beer or have a
smoke. The PSP will display a bar that goes back and forth while
files are written to the memory card.
6. Congratulations! Your PSP has been successfully "upgraded".

It is my first release so it is not perfect. If anyone has any suggestions or requests let me know.

Download Shango46_Auto_installerPSP.rar from FileFront! (http://dodownload.filefront.com/6394161)

ExcruciationX
December 21st, 2006, 16:52
Nice job, dude! People might be reluctant to download it though.

shango46
December 21st, 2006, 17:18
I know what you mean. I was just as crushed by dark.thug's fake TA-082 downgrader as everyone else. I actually made this program for that reason. I just wanted to give something nice to TA-082 users such as myself right before Christmas.

THIS WILL NOT BRICK ANY PSP AS LONG AS THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOLLOWED!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup:

If anyone has any problems, let me know and I will try and resolve them ASAP.

splodger15
December 21st, 2006, 17:25
Yeh like what ExcruiationX said people may not downlaod it due to the fake downgrader.Persoanlly myself i would have waited a bit longer to let the downgrader issue die down then release it

jak66
December 21st, 2006, 18:14
well, good work on this but chances are that this thread will be deleted rather than front paged.
Reason

- 1.50 Firmware
- 2.71 Firmware
if i understand correctly, this auto-installer comes with pre-decripted firmware dumps for use with devhook. Distributing these dumps is illegal as they contain material copyrighted by Sony.

shango46
December 21st, 2006, 18:57
They are the ones that came with DevHook when I downloaded it originally. 2.71 from Chaos Zero ( With the DevHook background) and 1.50 from Keal Valros. As for them being illegal, I did not know. I had just used all the files distributed via various websites. And a quick question... If the firmwares are illegal then how is it so many sites are posting them for download? And wouldnt 2.71SE be illegal as well as it has been modified? Everything just has to be difficult...lol.

ExcruciationX
December 21st, 2006, 19:29
I think it doesn't matter. Just leave the download up.

jak66
December 21st, 2006, 21:49
there are a few sites that dont provide dumped firmares (here and qj for example). Many of the sites that do provide dumped firmwares also provide ISOs, which shows how legal the site really is. I guess SE could be considered illegal (Sony sure as hell dont want people to have it) but firmware dumps are not needed to upgrade to SE as the DATA.DXAR file (the update) is made on your PSP

F9zDark
December 25th, 2006, 15:19
Just what the doctor ordered! My brother just got a 2.71 TA-082 PSP for christmas and I told him about homebrew. Being the nice brother that I am (having 2 homebrew PSPs) I wanted to give him a hand in getting it setup properly on his PSP.

Thanks for this bro, everything that I was looking for :)

Scorchiolio
December 25th, 2006, 19:40
Awesome, but could you do it in NullSoft install or Installsheild? My Windows installer is not working, so I can't run it :\

Scorchiolio
December 25th, 2006, 21:20
I got DevHook to work once, and now it says it cannot be loaded.

Scorchiolio
December 25th, 2006, 21:29
Th number is 80020148

splodger15
December 25th, 2006, 21:37
Have you updated your firmware

Scorchiolio
December 25th, 2006, 21:44
No, it still says V2.71 on the System Info screen

Scorchiolio
December 25th, 2006, 22:02
Yay, it's working, but what does the Firmware Menu do? Is that for Emulation or downgrading?

shango46
December 26th, 2006, 22:04
There is no downgrading involved with this. The Firmware menu is to select what firmware you wish to emulate. Read the readme file. It will explain it there.

fnfradio
January 2nd, 2007, 05:28
Yay, it's working, but what does the Firmware Menu do? Is that for Emulation or downgrading?

I had same problem, worked once then got the "Cannot load 8002..." when I try and run the HEND image my PSP crashes more often then not.

What did you do to get it working again? Guess I'll try to reinstall that seemed to help me get a green screen after I got the red one on the first try. Or is it just sensitive and needs a few trys?

After 2 more attempts to view the HEND image it has crashed after the first blue screen. Guess I'll try and reinstall.

Again thanks Shango for making this, just got a 2.71 PSP for xmas and have been trying to get emulators running for a few days now. This has goten me closer then anything else so far!