PDA

View Full Version : Wii Browser Details and Tricks

wraggster
December 22nd, 2006, 15:32
via liquidice (http://wiihacks.blogspot.com/)

After downloading a 26mb file, which will use up 230 blocks on your wii, the browser channel will show up in your wii menu.

Once you launch it you are presented with a window where you can type in any url, or navigate to your favorites.

Controller Buttons:
You can get to the favorites page by pressing the 1 button on the wii-mote.

The 2 button on the wiimote puts the browser into a large text viewing mode. it reformats the pages so that it is readable and fits on the tv.

The browser supports Flash. It is a version of Flash player 7, and it supports sendAndLoad(). This means lots of fun client/server flash applications can be developed.

Both YouTube and Google Video play on the Wii Web Browser Internet Channel.

Cap'n 1time
December 22nd, 2006, 15:37
Flash 7 support and google video are always nice and quite handy!

OT: I have a theory that a nes emulator already exists for the wii via this browser... It just needs to be tweaked for button support.
If my memory is correct about a year ago someone did somthing like this for the xbox360 with the nescafe. ;)

DPyro
December 22nd, 2006, 15:37
I couldn't get youtube videos to work. It says you don't have javascript :(

The Hombrew Hunter
December 22nd, 2006, 15:53
The Wii browser is awesome!
*typed on browser.*

TheLazy1
December 22nd, 2006, 16:51
I couldn't get youtube videos to work. It says you don't have javascript :(

Same here, google video works though.

8b!T
December 22nd, 2006, 17:03
dailymotion: works
googlevideo: works
youtube: workED, some hours ago i was watchich some films on youtube via the browser and now it says that my javascript is too old

anyone an idea why it isnÄt working anymore?

alienanthropologist
December 22nd, 2006, 17:46
This is so so amazing. The Opera Browser works perfectly! I'm showing this thing to all my friends and they all love it. The Wii mania is spreading!

strumstrum
December 22nd, 2006, 18:06
is it a little blurred with any of you, perfect when you zoom the text, but a little blurry when you dont?

skater9269
December 22nd, 2006, 19:02
this is great I can listen to myspace music through my wii some pages make it go back to the opera home though other than that this thing is great I wish sony would of done something like this with the psp browser of course the wii is more powerful.

brainpan
December 22nd, 2006, 19:19
is it a little blurred with any of you, perfect when you zoom the text, but a little blurry when you dont?

Are you using component or composite cables? I think I may have read that the Opera browswer displays at 640*480 so if your using composite cables,it will definetely be a little blurry.