PDA

View Full Version : PSP: 3.0 OE - DRM protection hacked?

Mr.Denny
December 22nd, 2006, 19:15
Ok, what does this mean exactly?

Pops (SCE PSONE emulator) - DRM protection hacked (Which means that you can now your game on more than one psp, and share them over the internet)

Does that mean we can now play downloaded official PSone eboots?.

I be mega-confused here :confused:

splodger15
December 22nd, 2006, 19:25
Means more than one PSP can use the Eboot

Mr.Denny
December 22nd, 2006, 19:29
Ok, so in theory someone could say, download an eboot for a game from the internet?.

splodger15
December 22nd, 2006, 19:51
So it would work like this

I download a game from the sony store and use it on my PSP. And you ask for it i could send it to you

But before it was hacked it wouldnt let you run it on your PSP due to the fact that i have already used it on my PSP

Mr.Denny
December 22nd, 2006, 19:53
I see, thanks for that.

Also, sorry to sound noobish (which i am) but i currently have a 1.5 PSP with Devhook 0.51. Could this work for me or do i need 2.71 firmware?.

Napalm-Death
December 22nd, 2006, 20:03
I think you'd still need a 3.x fw.

Mr.Denny
December 22nd, 2006, 20:05
So you need a 3.x firmware even before installation?

Apoklepz
December 22nd, 2006, 20:07
You still need a PS3 to get the games from the Sony store :P

To answer your question, Mr. Denny....3.0 OE is the latest custom firmware by Dark Alex and crew...you need a 1.50 update and a 3.02 update to install it....Once you have it installed, you can play the few PSOne releases that Sony has put out for buying in the Sonystore...But, you need a PS3 to do this....That, or getting them somewhere else in the internet.

....As for Devhook 0.51 doing this, it can't....That's one of the reasons 3.0 OE is the best firmware right now, followed closely by 2.71 SE-C that just got graced with a new IRshell.

Napalm-Death
December 23rd, 2006, 00:19
So you need a 3.x firmware even before installation?
Well, I mean you need at least a 3.0 to connect with a PS3 to get access to the store, so if you tried to run a PSX eboot or whatever format the games came it, it would probably run a firmware check to make sure your PSP is "PS3-connectible", and Apoklepz got the rest of it down for you. :P

Cloudhunter
December 23rd, 2006, 00:53
The psp which gave you the playstation eboot would need to have 3.02OE-A aswell, as it generates the needed files for it to be ran on any PSP on first run.

Cloudy

CaptainMorgan4
December 23rd, 2006, 03:37
But can you only play the ps1 games that were released on 3.02, like you won't be able to get the PSX games that came with the 3.02 update? I have a 1.5 psp and am using Devhook .51 to run 3.02 firmware, is there any reason I should go to this OE custom firmware? I mean I love my 1.5 homebrew and I love irshell, and using devhook makes it perfect, but like is there any good reason I should get this? Isn't it a pain to run 1.5 homebrew on the OE firmware, and does it run EXACTLY like the real 1.5 homebrew? Also if I install the OE if I don't like it can I go back to regular 1.5?

turtleguy101
December 23rd, 2006, 05:43
umm for now i would just stay at 1.5... emulating 3.02 with devhook is fine for (unmentionables). You still get the visual player, the camara, the internet browser. All that crap. The psx games out right now for psp kinda suck still.. syphon filter is like the only good one. JUst wait a lil while. Lord knows SOMEONE will find some way to bring the ps1 emulator to 1.5 or use devhook to emulate the hacked ps1 emu or somethin...

Mr.Denny
December 23rd, 2006, 14:51
Thanks for the help guys,

I now have 3.02 OE, im loading homebrew from the main screen as well as ISOs of Demos and PSone games.

:)

In my opinion, this is 1.5 but just that extra bit better. ;)

sok98
December 24th, 2006, 20:25
so wait just making sure... lets say if i wanted to i could download one of the psx games that someone downloaded from there psp from the internet... of course i wouldn't ... but im curious