PDA

View Full Version : 3.02 OE-A + DevHook 0.51.0100 Installers

gunntims0103
December 23rd, 2006, 05:17
new installer/release via Chaos Zero (http://www.psp-haxors.com/302-oe-a-devhook-0510100-installers/502)

heres what chaos zero

Well here they are! The easy installers for 3.02 OE-A and, finally, for DevHook 0.51.0100.

So what are you waiting for? Christmas?

3.02 OE-A BASIC Installer

Includes the following options:

* Install 3.02 OE-A
* Install Recovery Folder for OE-A

DevHook 0.51.0100 Installer

* Install DevHook 0.51.0100 (3.02 Firmware)
* Includes custom Eboot by me

SE/OE Users: To use DevHook, you must set your GAME folder to 1.50 kernel in the Recovery Menu.

Download 3.02 OE-A BASIC for SE Users (http://www.psp-haxors.com/wp-content/uploads/OE-A/302_BASIC_Installer_SE.exe)
Download 3.02 OE-A BASIC for 1.50 Users (http://www.psp-haxors.com/wp-content/uploads/OE-A/302_BASIC_Installer_150.exe)
Download DevHook 0.51.0100 Installer (http://www.psp-haxors.com/wp-content/uploads/OE-A/DH0510100_150.exe)

download via links and give feedback via comments

Cap'n 1time
December 23rd, 2006, 05:33
jesus... they just dont stop :). how long has 3.02 been out and its already being hacked to pieces and exploited to our advantage.

Deshevy
December 23rd, 2006, 05:45
Congrats ****ing right those bitches at sony can finally eat their own shit

Cap'n 1time
December 23rd, 2006, 06:03
just a little warning.. this seems to take forever for us usb 1.1 users ;p
Ive watched my memory card go from 274 to 270 megs in the past... like 5 mins... meh. at least i know its doing somthing.

the_eternal_dark
December 23rd, 2006, 06:29
Cap'n1time, it takes forever even with USB 2.0 as well I've heard.

Thanks Chaos Zero for another noob friendly installer pack.

Nikolaos
December 23rd, 2006, 06:30
good job chaos zero, this will be helpful to the newbs out there and for the lazy people like me who dont like read mes

win2k1
December 23rd, 2006, 08:35
I have a psp 1.5, i want to know if I upgrade to this 3.02 OE-a will I be able to downgrage again? Also if I brought a psp say 3.01 can I upgrade or do I need a psp 1.5 to upgrade to this version?

kayhanbakid
December 23rd, 2006, 08:46
Can you get to the 3.02 xmb using this version of devhook? Or is it just to run the newer umd's?

Because when I try to go the xmb all I get is the blue language screen and when I press circle it goes back to the same screen. And when I reset my psp I have to go through the initial setup everytime I use devhook. It's really weird.

This is the first time I used devhook past version 0.46

dejkirkby
December 23rd, 2006, 08:46
I have a psp 1.5, i want to know if I upgrade to this 3.02 OE-a will I be able to downgrage again? Also if I brought a psp say 3.01 can I upgrade or do I need a psp 1.5 to upgrade to this version?

You can return to 1.5 if you aren't happy with OE but you can't use it with a 3.01 PSP.
Quick question, what's the need of DevHook for OE users?

win2k1
December 23rd, 2006, 08:59
Sorry I'm a noob for custom firmwarez, how can I get back to 1.5 & can I run 1.5 home brew or do I need to run the 2.7se homebrew stuff

thanks

kayhanbakid
December 23rd, 2006, 09:05
You can return to 1.5 if you aren't happy with OE but you can't use it with a 3.01 PSP.
Quick question, what's the need of DevHook for OE users?

I think some umd's wont run on the new custom firmware. You have to use devhook.

dejkirkby
December 23rd, 2006, 09:26
I think some umd's wont run on the new custom firmware. You have to use devhook.

Well, my Smackdown vs Raw 2007 UMD crashes on both DevHook 0.51.1 and on OE, so it makes no difference to me then.

D0N
December 23rd, 2006, 09:36
I just tried the installer "3.02 OE-A BASIC for 1.50 Users" and it worked perfectly for me!

I am now a happy 3.02 OE-A user :D

funy56
December 23rd, 2006, 09:59
Hi

Colud anyone tell me, what this for? Is it upgrade to 3.02 version and u can play homebrew game?

Cheers

D0N
December 23rd, 2006, 10:01
If you are at 1.50 or 2.71 SE you can upgrade to this which will allow you to have 3.02 and 1.50 in one firmware version.

So you can play all your homebrew and have all the 3.02 firmware features at the same time.

There are also customisations you can add to it aswell.

Virus.exe
December 23rd, 2006, 10:14
So why isn't there a discussion for this, since THIS is actually illegal, and ChaosZero is also trying to help..

*Winking to my removed thread..

splodger15
December 23rd, 2006, 11:28
I have Harley G's Custom firmware installed but i heard that if i remove it you get a brick Someone please help i dont know what to do

Cloudhunter
December 23rd, 2006, 11:51
Simple: Just don't remove it :)

You can install this over the top, and it will be completely safe as it formats the flash first :)

Cloudy

Nocuddle
December 23rd, 2006, 11:56
Would those emus like NJ MVS, DGEn etc work with this?

What the hell is this anyway? Is this an alternative to DevHook? Like I can go back & forth to 1.5 <-> 3.02?
Sorry, I wasnt following up the HEN/SE/whatever developments, so dunno much abt this thingy from DA.

dejkirkby
December 23rd, 2006, 12:00
Would those emus like NJ MVS, DGEn etc work with this?

What the hell is this anyway? Is this an alternative to DevHook? Like I can go back & forth to 1.5 <-> 3.02?
Sorry, I wasnt following up the HEN/SE/whatever developments, so dunno much abt this thingy from DA.

Basically this can be called a replacement for DevHook. It gives you 3.02 firmware with the added benefits of being able to use homebrew AND the ability to play PS1 games.

Nocuddle
December 23rd, 2006, 12:16
Hmm my understanding is I can run homebrew (or emus) within this 3.02, which Devhook wouldnt able to do that before... if that it correct then WOW.

Still another Qs: is this like permanent "fake" flashing, which I wont be able to go back to 1.5 like Devhook was, but from what I been reading this forum I can recover back to my original 1.5 status? That is if anything wrong or Im not happy with it, money back guarantee? ^^;

Tho I dun like the idea of missing functionality, like Location Free Player. Dun care abt the missing Korean fonts. :P

Oh, thanks for the reply. :)

dejkirkby
December 23rd, 2006, 12:20
You can return to 1.5 if you don't like this using the recovery mode. But it is essentially a permanent DevHook.

blackrave
December 23rd, 2006, 12:27
Hmm my understanding is I can run homebrew (or emus) within this 3.02, which Devhook wouldnt able to do that before... if that it correct then WOW.

Tho I dun like the idea of missing functionality, like Location Free Player. Dun care abt the missing Korean fonts. :P

Oh, thanks for the reply. :)

Hey, remember you can still use DevHook to emulate a full 3.02 firmware with Korean fonts and Location Free Player. ;)

And yes, 3.02 OE lets you run 99% of homebrew from within this custom firmware 3.02. Great, huh?

MicroNut
December 23rd, 2006, 13:03
Wow... Awesome Stuffs.

What this is:

A "custom firmware" that uses both 1.5 and 3.02 firmware’s
to create a whole new firmware called 3.02OE (Open Edition)

3.02OE is a firmware with all the benefits of the 1.5 and 3.02 firmwares.
No need to use DevHook unless you want/need to use Korean Fonts and the location free player.
DevHook5101 can still be used to Emulate any firmware 1.71~3.02 from within 3.02OE.

Yes, it overwrites the original flash0
This is not something that goes away when you restart your PSP
When you restart your PSP it always boots to 3.02OE

No, this is not an emulated firmware
No, this firmware cannot be emulated using DevHook. (yet)

Yes, you can flash your PSP back to 1.5 if you want
If you read the README!
That comes with the original 3.02OE firmware update you will see that you need
both the 1.5 and 3.02 firmware PBP’s from Sony to install the custom 3.02OE firmware.
So yes, you would already have the 1.5 update PBP you would need/want to go back to 1.5.

Yes, you can use the 3.02 PSX emulator.
The PSP PSX EMU can only play games that are downloaded through Sony's online PS3 store.
It cannot play or use your original PSX games.

You can use this firmware if you have a PSP with firmware 1.5 or 2.71SE (which is like saying 1.5)
If you can downgrade to 1.5 then your in the game.

Again read the README!
It’s very clear about all this.

Is it new: Yes
Does it have unknowns: Yes
Can it kill a PSP: Yes

funy56
December 23rd, 2006, 13:04
Hi

Thnks for the answer, I have 2.81 version and I install the file to my psp. When I tried to install the 3.02 from my memory card, it pause and switch off. Can you tell me what I have done wrong?

dejkirkby
December 23rd, 2006, 13:12
Yes you have tried to install this on a PSP that isn't 1.5 or 2.71SE.

Nocuddle
December 23rd, 2006, 13:58
DevHook5101 can still be used to Emulate any firmware 1.71~3.02 from within 3.02OE.

This what am after. :thumbup:

Yes, it overwrites the original flash0
This is not something that goes away when you restart your PSP
When you restart your PSP it always boots to 3.02OE

Righty, so I dun need to bloody reboot so many times, like in DH & with 3.xx I believe I dun even need to pop my UMD out. Another :thumbup:

Yes, you can flash your PSP back to 1.5 if you want
If you read the README!

Am SOLD! :D

Can it kill a PSP: Yes

I wish I could pretend this thingy not exist, but its reality. I just dun like this part. :(

Thanks guys. This is just great minor infos I've been looking for. I will try install this when my battery goes full. :p

A13
December 23rd, 2006, 14:47
THX for 3.02 OE-A BASIC for 1.50 !!!!!

thx to Dark Alex!!!

kiariki
December 23rd, 2006, 15:51
I am still too chicken to try it out... I have the .zip on my desktop, sitting there, waiting for me to muster the courage... (I don't really need it since all my PSP games are homebrew games)...

And, what is the format for the PS1 games downloaded from the PS3 store? o.O (Maybe if we emulate that, we can use Sony's own PS1 emulator to play our own PSX-CD games! w00t!)

Cap'n 1time
December 23rd, 2006, 16:35
people if you have questions.. just read the readme like the rest of us. it takes so long to get the program on your psp you might as well... ;)

There is really no reason to keep your 1.5 anymore... and even if you feel like keeping it for later you can just return to it.

Q: Will this run all my emulators, homebrewed apps and games too without any problem what so ever?
A: to emulators most likely yes, to homebrewed apps 99% runs (read the readme) as for homebrewed games? yes.

Q: Is this just as good as my 1.5 psp? Is it better than my 2.7 psp?
A: Yes and Yes :)

I strongly urge everyone to use this. no need to clog up your memory with devhook anymore.

eLAy12
December 23rd, 2006, 17:55
Thanks MicroNut for breaking it down, i hate reading all the posts of people who don't read the README, and if you did read it and still don't understand, then sorry and disregard this. But everything you need to know is pretty much in the README.

I've been following the scene for awhile and worked on multiple PSP's and just reading the README helps at least 70% of the time. People don't be lazy ... just read.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 23rd, 2006, 17:57
this INDEED is a christmas present to psp users

mavsman4457
December 23rd, 2006, 18:42
Whats the point of having devhook if you already have the custom firmware? Once this custom formware is installed is it idiot proof? I am planning on installing it on my friend's PSP so he doesn't have to deal with devhook.

MicroNut
December 23rd, 2006, 18:56
It feels like Christmas to me
I am using it now and it rocks!

the box opened right up like a breath of fresh air...

valar
December 23rd, 2006, 20:46
where's the README file if i may ask?
they're all exe files.

Nocuddle
December 23rd, 2006, 21:27
where's the README file if i may ask?
they're all exe files.

I just abt to say that. :p

It should have been zipped & include README externally. But sum1 just made it abit more complicated other thinks a n00b is still a n00b, which is half true coz all the n00bz are scared with this exe. :rofl:
Hey I was too. :D

I tried CZ version, got scared. Then I tried this manual method (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/post-621583.html#p621583) & it works like a charm. Thanks Contra24.

psp411
December 23rd, 2006, 22:30
one question...

will the devhook work for 2.71 henD users?

im thinkin it wont but i aint 100% sure bout that

funy56
December 23rd, 2006, 22:53
if i upgrade to 3.02, do i need to use eloader to play homebrew? What version of eloader? Thnks

khamdaraphone
December 23rd, 2006, 22:54
Need Help, i used to 1.50 installer and it install fine, but now i cant seem to get non of my homebrew to work. do i need an eloader?

funy56
December 23rd, 2006, 23:09
the upgrade seem to be not working for me, I have to download a 3.02 firmware upgrade to upgrade my firmware. and still my homebrew is not working.... pls help! Santa, Xmas elf... anyone! :(

khamdaraphone
December 23rd, 2006, 23:45
the upgrade seem to be not working for me, I have to download a 3.02 firmware upgrade to upgrade my firmware. and still my homebrew is not working.... pls help! Santa, Xmas elf... anyone! :(

Try to put your homebrew at PSP/GAME150/

khamdaraphone
December 23rd, 2006, 23:49
Im having a problem i cant seem to find the recovery mode on XMB

funy56
December 24th, 2006, 00:35
I tried but it doesn't show in memory card as I go to the psp screen .

funy56
December 24th, 2006, 00:36
Do u need to use eloader to run homebrew?

funy56
December 24th, 2006, 00:36
Do u need to use eloader to run homebrew?

bandit
December 24th, 2006, 00:41
There is a Easy Installer on the net by chaos zero. Homebrew should work just by going to memory stick.

To get recovery back to 1.50, you need to install the recovery. You can get that at maxconsole.net

I hope you people know that there are guides out on the internet.

MicroNut
December 24th, 2006, 01:11
Its was not my intent to start a readme - readme you fool thread.

I was trying to help by answering all the questions that had been posted up to that point.

So just to be thoroughly thorough in my own apparently asinine way
I guess I should have posted the readme…

which is generally considered another forum no no

So, here it is anyways:

3.02OE-A can only be installed in a full install

Creating the DXAR file
----------------------

- Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME/ if you are using 1.50 firmware and to
/PSP/GAME150 if you are using whatever version of 2.71 Se.

- Get the 1.50 and 3.02 sony updaters in the oeupdmaker folder with the names "150.PBP" and "302.PBP".

- Run the program. This program won't write to the flash, it will just create a file called DATA.DXAR in the
same directory (oeupdmaker).

- The program will verify that the SHA-1 of the generated file is correct.

- Once that you have done this, you can save the DATA.DXAR file to skip this step in the future.

SHA1 of DXAR: BB43B06852826F446CCA933927C3D54C50E151B1
MD5 of DXAR: 5BD5DE55204BB8A407C0187C3DA1040C

Flashing 3.02 OE
----------------

- Copy the directories oeflasher and oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME (or /PSP/GAME150 if you are on 2.71 SE)

- Copy the generated DATA.DXAR file at oeflasher directory.

- Run the flasher. If your battery is less than 75%, the program will show the error saying that
and will return to the XMB.

At petition of someone with battery problems, now this check can be by passed at your own risk;
Execute the program with triangle and L pressed.

- The program will continue showing an agreement. Press X to accept
it and flash the custom firm, or R to cancel and exit to the XMB.

- If you accept, the program will flash the custom firmware. DONT shutdown the psp and DON'T
quit the memory stick.

- After finished, shutdown the psp and restart manually... to 3.02 OE :)

Using 3.02OE
------------

- OE runs all homebrew from the /PSP/GAME302 folder using the 3.02 kernel.
Homebrew here have to be NOT kxploited.

- To run applications with the 1.50 kernel, and have about 99% compatibility with current homebrew,
put those applications in the /PSP/GAME150 folder.
Homebrew here can be either kxploited or not.

Now the standard folder, /PSP/GAME can be configured in the recovery menu to either execute 1.50
homebrew or 3.02 one. (by default is set at 3.02)

- Native UMD emulation is now in the custom firmware. ISOS are shown under memory stick games.
Currently ISO and CSO are implemented, for technical reasons DAX is not implemented yet, but may
be done in the future. At the moment they require an umd to be inserted in order to be played, although
they show in the xmb without an umd.
Note that whenever you do an update to the ISO folder (add, delete, change files, first OE-A execution),
a little delay will ocurr when entering in memory stick games. While the ISO folder is not changed, this won't
happen.

Using recovery menu
-------------------

- To enter in recovery menu, press R when power on the psp.
The recovery mode lets to set options, and it lets to recover potential bricks, as soon as
the 1.50 bootstrap is intact.

- Toggle USB: It will enable/diable USB mass storage.

- Configuration. All setings are set to disabled by default.

* Skip SCE logo. If you enable this, you won't see that beautiful, (but sometimes annoying)
Sony Computer Entertainment logo when power on the psp (and in this way you also disable the autorun of
UMD).

* Hide corrupt icons. It will hide corrupt icons. Note that currently not all corrupt icons
are hidden but most of them. This setting can SLOW down the access to game menu if you have too many items.
This will be improved in the future, however the best way to hide corrupt icons is always to convert your kxploited
applications to a standard single PBP.

* Game folder homebrew. It will let you choose with which kernel, 1.50 or 3.02,
programs at /PSP/GAME will be executed.

* Autorun program at /PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP. When enabled, it will run that program at startup.
Notice, that that program runs always in 1.50 kernel.

* Fake region. Allows you to set the psp kernel region to either Japan, USA, Europe or Korea

* Free UMD Region. Sets the UMD region to region free.

- Loading plugins from the ms.

Plugins from the ms are loaded from the folder ms0:/seplugins

You need to write two text files inside that folder: game.txt and vsh.txt
These files have a module path in each line to load with umd games/homebrew and with the vsh
respectively. A maximum of 5 modules is allowed in each one.

Example, content of a game.txt or vsh.txt

ms0:/seplugins/mymusicplugin.prx
ms0:/seplugins/mycheatplugin.prx

Once the files game.txt and vsh.txt are created, you can enable/disable each plugin in the recovery menu.
Note that if you have too many modules loading, the xmb or the game may not start because of lack of memory.

A usbhostfs plugin for SE is planed in the near future.

Note for developers:
All ms plugins are loaded after mediasync.prx is loaded but before mediasync.prx is started.
mediasync.prx is the first module to be loaded in the last phase of 3.02 firmware rebooting.
At that moment all io drivers are accesible.

- Advanced. This setting shouldn't be touched by most users, since they are mainly for debugging purposes.
It lets to flash some NOT critical files to the flash from the directory ms0:/reflash.

- Advanced configuration (inside Advaned).

* Plain modules in UMD/ISO. By default it is disabled, because it was found that the patch to run
plain modules gave compatibility problems with some umd games. (error 0x8002012D).
You can always enable it if interested in running unsigned code in an iso.

* Execute boot.bin in UMD/ISO. If enabled, it will run BOOT.BIN instead of EBOOT.BIN. This option
has no sense if the plain modules one is not enabled.

- Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP. This is what currently enables to recover a
semi-bricked psp (e.g. the vsh doesn't show, but you can reach the recovery mode).
Despite being in the game folder, that program will be executed in 1.50 kernel, so if even 3.02
kernel is destroyed, that program can be run.

- Registry hacks. This setting allow you to enable some features in the firmware

* Button assign. Allows you to swap between O and X to validate

* Activate WMA. Allows you to activate WMA without a WLAN connection.

* Activate Flash Player. Allows you to activate Flash Player without a WLAN connection.

- About the speed change...

It has not been implemented in SE yet because it was causing weirds problems at the moment in which
the speed change was done. Probably it will be implemented in the future on other way...

At the momento you can use one of those plugins that before were installed on flash and that now
can be installed in the ms.

Because official SCE updaters don't work in that 1.50 kernel environment (because they need some vsh files
not available), i've included with this package a flasher that lets to flash any official update from
1.50-2.71 to your psp.
To use it, copy the files inside inside "flasher for recovery/RECOVERY" in /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/
and the official SCE updater renamed as UPDATE.PBP in the same directory, and run the program
through the recovery option.

Another alternative for recovery is to reflash the own 3.02 OE-A.
To do this, copy the EBOOT.PBP of oeflasher to /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP along with the
DATA.DXAR file, and run it through recovery.

DEVHOOK
-------

- Devhook for 1.50 can be run on GAME150 or GAME depending on the folder you set.

- In devhook for 1.50 you cannot use the option of 1.50 flash if you are gonna reboot to XMB.

- When using devhook 0.46 or higher, DO NOT use the options for flashing things.

1.50 Compatibility
------------------

- Most of 1.50 homebrew work. There maybe some exceptions of few programs that interfere with
the reboot system of SE. These programs can be umdemulatorand daxziso, although i have not
tested them. They may not work at all or work in certain modes (direct load methods probably).
Programs that hacks the flash like xflash, pspset, sxt version changer, etc are not
recommended to be used here.

- Irshell shows as corrupted... this is an issue in 2.XX+ vsh's. They don't like irshell sfo :)
The solution to make it show (and work) is to apply the solution given by frmariam originally
for epsilon bios: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=29639

- It seems that original umdemulator also shows as corrupted.
Try changing the sfo and maybe also the icon to fix that.

- Since 1.50 kernel gets patched, it can support things that a normal 1.50 cannot do, such as loadexecuting
prx's, loading modules, signed or not, from ms and flash in user mode without previous patches,
loading real pbp's, etc

- Note with wifi: 1.50 kernel doesn't understand WPA. So if you have a connection with WPA, you cannot
magically use it in a 1.50 application. Use WEP or not protection, or wait to wifi applications to
be ported to 3.02 kernel.

3.02 OE limitations against 2.71 SE
-----------------------------------

* No-umd mode seems to be less compatible
* 3.02 kernel homebrew: elf's are not still supported (no real problem, you can just run them in 1.50
kernel).
* 3.02 kernel homebrew: due to a restriction added in 2.80, kernel prx's cannot have user syscalls anymore.
This is what makes psplink for 2.71 and irshell for 2.71 not to work in 3.02 kernel, althout they
can be easily ported by their authors.
* Because of necessity of flash0 space, the location free player and korean font has been removed.

Known problems, remarks, etc
----------------------------

- "I tried, for some reason, to run a sce updater and it gives me a weird "DADADADA" error.
Running a sce updater can be dangerous, and because of that is disabled, and it will give you that
custom error code of mine.

- "I receive a weird error "98765432" when setting the language to Korean, Chinese traditional or
Chinese simplified". This is done on purpose, setting the language to those 3, which don't exist in 1.50,
can be dangerous for the 1.50 bootstrap, and therefore, they are disabled.

- The game menu says that "There is no games". Probably you renamed your game folder to game150, but you didn't
create a new game folder. Even if you don't plan to use 3.02 homebrew, the folder GAME must exist, even if
if it is empty.

Credits
-------
- Core and flasher coding: Dark_AleX
- Recovery menu coding and region codes researching: harleyg
- Beta testing: Mathieulh

A lot of thanks to all PS3 beta testers for testing the PSX backup things!!

3.02 OE supports psx downloaded games from ps3store to be backuped and played on other psp systems.

The purpose of this is the legitimate play of backups in your other psp's, without the requeriment
of a ps3 that you could have bricked/sold or whatever.

I'm not responsable of any bad use that you can do by the use of this feature, you are on your own, remember.

Instructions to play psx backuped games from ps3store.
Let be A and B two different psp's.

1) Buy a game and transfer it from PS3 to A.
Here a little note: if you already trasnfered the game to A using devhook, DELETE THE GAME
AND DO IT AGAIN.

2) Run it.

If you receive an error that starts of the form 0xCAXXXXXX, then something is wrong with your
licenses, or your memory stick.

If you receive an error 0x80000004, then this may be on of the following:

* You are using the up nand of the UP modchip (see up issue below)
* An unknown error.

If all goes succesfully, your game will be played, and a file called "KEYS.BIN" will be generated
at same directory than the EBOOT.PBP of the game.

3) Transfer all the content of the directory where the game is (e.g. /PSP/GAME/SCUS00000) to your PSP B.
You don't need to transfer the license files.

4) You can now run it in your PSP B. The KEYS.BIN file is the responsable of allowing this, and it
lets whatever psp to run the game. Use this only for legal purposes.

Undiluted Platinum issue
------------------------

It has been found that psx games seem to fail in the up nand of the UP chip.
For some reason, it makes the UP chip to have corrupt nand readings. (like if data
were shifted one byte right)
The reason is probably a power issue, since the emulator needs a lot of power to run.
This only has been checked in one psp, so you may try it anyways to confirm the issue.

If your psp is chipped with UP, just use the onboard nand when using psx games and all should go fine.

valar
December 24th, 2006, 01:45
i just looked at this website and saw readme posted,lol.i used these installers,they're working fine on my psp.thanks for help micronut.

great download ,easy to use

Flatlander
December 24th, 2006, 04:02
the only question i have before i try it is.. will the network work? Because it doesnt work at all with devhook 0.51.1

Flatlander
December 24th, 2006, 04:40
**** man.. so ****ing stoked its ridiculous.. everyone should do this!

Iceman8674
December 24th, 2006, 07:05
Yo this was so easy a 2 year old could do it. Works great. Thanks to Everyone on the Homebrew scene that keeps on bringing us great stuff and keep up the great job guys.:thumbup:

Iceman8674
December 24th, 2006, 09:02
You need to put your 1.5 homebrew in a folder named GAME150 and then ur 1.5 homebrew will work

anorak2001
December 24th, 2006, 09:19
Hi can anyone tell me if ps1 games work on Devhook or do they only run on 3.02 OE

Th:confused: anks

funy56
December 24th, 2006, 09:24
do u need to use eloader to run homebrew?

You need to put your 1.5 homebrew in a folder named GAME150 and then ur 1.5 homebrew will work

funy56
December 24th, 2006, 09:35
Hi

I have renamed the game folder to GAME150 and it doesn't show game on the psp screen...

.:PSP1.0:.
December 24th, 2006, 09:48
do u need to use eloader to run homebrew?

Hey man i'll try and help you out... :) You will NOT need eloader with this at all..

Hi

I have renamed the game folder to GAME150 and it doesn't show game on the psp screen...

And.. DON'T rename your GAME folder as you'll need both a GAME folder and GAME150 folder.. Just make another folder so.. 1.5 homebrew will go into the GAME 150 folder but you'll also still need a seperate GAME folder weather you use it or not is up to you.. :) Hope i was some help to you :) Merry xmas too :)

Makaveli777
December 24th, 2006, 10:35
Im sorry everybody but I have a question. This is my first time considering doing something like this. Can this be installed like a normal firmware, where you place it in an update folder and update from any firmware version. Or do you have to start at 1.5 firmware and then go to 3.02SE?

.:PSP1.0:.
December 24th, 2006, 11:11
Im sorry everybody but I have a question. This is my first time considering doing something like this. Can this be installed like a normal firmware, where you place it in an update folder and update from any firmware version. Or do you have to start at 1.5 firmware and then go to 3.02SE?

No you cant use this like a real firmware upgrade just download the easy installer and read the readme its heaps easy man.. umm you need to either start from 1.5 or otherwise any 2.7se will be fine.. Chaos Zero has been making these easy installers for a while and i trust his work and advice but without Dark_Alex none of this would be possible :thumbup:

novexxx
December 24th, 2006, 12:48
does this just enable homebrew and alow extra features for 3.02 ? it seems that its a bit pointless undless people get really anoyed at returning to 1.50 when they want to run homebrew. still its very good for the homebrew scene.
keep up the good work

Malksta
December 24th, 2006, 12:53
Jesus.. I'm gone for about 3 days and 3.02 is exploited and 2.80 has a downdater :eek:

ataribob
December 24th, 2006, 15:22
3.02 OE

I don't want to sound like a noob ,
But why do you need Devhook with the 3.02 OE.
It can already can play all the "goodies" straight up from game folder.
I just installed this Devhook. It works too but takes longer that running straight from the games folder

Nocuddle
December 24th, 2006, 15:40
But why do you need Devhook with the 3.02 OE.

Coz sum ppl wanna use Location Free Player, which it has been removed in 3.02 OE-A.

Other than that, I cant think of anything else.

cfscorpio
December 24th, 2006, 15:57
I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem yet but I enabled the hide corrupted data option in the recovery but I can still see them.
This is with 1.5 homebrew placed in either the GAME or GAME150 folder with the same result. Can anyone help?

dejkirkby
December 24th, 2006, 16:04
I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem yet but I enabled the hide corrupted data option in the recovery but I can still see them.
This is with 1.5 homebrew placed in either the GAME or GAME150 folder with the same result. Can anyone help?

Use X-Flash to hide them. There will always be one corrupted file there. This is the recovery file.

the_eternal_dark
December 24th, 2006, 17:20
Hi can anyone tell me if ps1 games work on Devhook or do they only run on 3.02 OE

Th:confused: anks

PS1 games do not work under devhook right now, only in the 3.02OE-A custom firmware.

does this just enable homebrew and alow extra features for 3.02 ? it seems that its a bit pointless undless people get really anoyed at returning to 1.50 when they want to run homebrew. still its very good for the homebrew scene.
keep up the good work

It's basically 1.5 with 3.02 features and then some. How is that pointless? It allows game compatability with newer games without starting devhook to load it up. Basically, this is devhook with out devhook, but without the location free player (which is why I still keep it in my memorystick just in case I need it).

mavsman4457
December 24th, 2006, 22:26
I am not sure if my installer is just slow or what but whenever I try to install it it just stops at 37%. Has this happened to any of you guys?

Edit: I guess it was just slow because I left it there for a while and it finished up. Now all I do is run the oeupdatemaker then bring the DXAR file into the oeflasher folder and run oeflasher? Sorry I just want to be careful because it's my friend's PSP. Also, I got the basic installer since his PSP is 1.5 and not 2.71SE but the oeflasher folder was put into the GAME150 folder, is that supposed to happen or should oeflasher be in the GAME folder?

prophecy
December 25th, 2006, 00:29
i was wondering if anyone would please dump me a copy of their 3.02 OE fw. i no it will be unable to work on devhook or anything like that its just for examination because i would like to crack the pop drm for my 3.02 dh fw.

please email it to [email protected]

many thanx
prophecy

juggaleaux
December 25th, 2006, 00:41
I used the easy devhook installer, followed the directions EXACTLY (there weren't many), ran Devhook, and got a BSOD for my REAL firmware. The devhook menu was visible but not usable.

I shit my pants in fear of being bricked. After hard rebooting, my 1.50 firmware acted like it was the first time I ever used it. I had to choose my language/nickname/everything.

I uninstalled devhook.

Perhaps I did something wrong in my devhook settings?

benichay
December 25th, 2006, 03:49
I have firmware 3.02 installed on my psp and i want to put the 3.02 OE but each time i try and run the firmware update , it runs and then gives me an error and sends me back to the menu.

So if anyones got any bright ideas for this , can you pass them my way. And i thought this was gonna be easy....

Nocuddle
December 25th, 2006, 04:55
Hmm my converted video from PSPvideo9 (1.74) doesnt work anymore. Is this a prob on 3.02 OE? Or was it other thing? Coz I also heard abt sumthin like 2.8x above plays video differently. Not so sure. :(

Can sum1 clarify what which & how? ;)

Ramza042
December 25th, 2006, 05:18
I have firmware 3.02 installed on my psp and i want to put the 3.02 OE but each time i try and run the firmware update , it runs and then gives me an error and sends me back to the menu.

So if anyones got any bright ideas for this , can you pass them my way. And i thought this was gonna be easy....

Did I read that right? You're running 3.02 already and you want to install a custom firmware? Your first post and it's this?! Come on man, surely you are joking. How about next time you want to post on a message board, you actually read the board a little bit? There are over 30 pages of questions about 3.02 OE! Imagine that!

Well, first off go here.. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46711

THEN, after you read ALL of that, and if your PSP is NOT a ta-082 or -086 board, wait about oh, 2, 3 weeks untill someone makes a 3.02 downgrader. Then downgrade to 1.5. Then you can upgrade to 3.02 oe.

I don't mean to sound hateful, but it's Christmas Eve, I'm sleepy, and well, that's really a dumb question. So sorry, Merry Christmas, and keep reading. :D

mavsman4457
December 25th, 2006, 06:46
Did I read that right? You're running 3.02 already and you want to install a custom firmware? Your first post and it's this?! Come on man, surely you are joking. How about next time you want to post on a message board, you actually read the board a little bit? There are over 30 pages of questions about 3.02 OE! Imagine that!

Well, first off go here.. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46711

THEN, after you read ALL of that, and if your PSP is NOT a ta-082 or -086 board, wait about oh, 2, 3 weeks untill someone makes a 3.02 downgrader. Then downgrade to 1.5. Then you can upgrade to 3.02 oe.

I don't mean to sound hateful, but it's Christmas Eve, I'm sleepy, and well, that's really a dumb question. So sorry, Merry Christmas, and keep reading. :D

It's that time of year where we can just forget about anything that annoys us and give new people links to their answers rather than telling them to search for stuff. Happy Holidays everyone!

Volsung
December 26th, 2006, 13:18
Wow! this looks really great, does it mean I'll be able to play Final Fantasy Tactics on my PSP? the thing is i'm on a TA-082 (doh!) can I use this and how do I go about upgrading to 3.02 on a UK 2.71 PSP?

Can anyone help or am I just doomed... all my hopes are crumbling to dust by reading other TA-082 threads

sweetboy1986
December 26th, 2006, 14:42
Has anyony come up with the blue screen fix yet with devhook.Meny people have talked about it but no one seems to know. Is there anyway a expert can take a look at it.

flunked
December 29th, 2006, 15:33
hey ppl
i am a complete noob/idiot...i got a 1.50 version PSP and i want to intall 3.02OE but i dont have a USB chord i just have a memory card reader

Can i install it because when i was trying it used to get stuck. What do I do??

Please help me. Can i directly upgrade from 1.50 or do i have to update to 2.71SE-C

classicgmr
January 3rd, 2007, 00:23
I have a question that I don't see in this thread...

I'm about to do this to my PSP(and the other 2 if successful) but will this be upgraded as new firmware comes out or is it hardcoded to 3.02? Example: a month from now I buy Sega Hard Knocks Pacmania Booster XTreme the new UMD from Vaporware Intl. (yeah I'm an idiot ;) ) and it requires an update to, say, 3.04... is this going to be updated like Devhook once the new firmwares are broken down?

pokemon_4_life_ese
January 3rd, 2007, 01:21
hey does the vcs cheatdevice work with it on its own or do i have to use devhook?

sonic reducer
January 3rd, 2007, 02:02
Ok can anyone help me.. I installed devhook .51 with the installer i found somewhere on the site. And its pretty much ****ed over my psp. I tried using it with wwe smackdown 2006 umd and it bitched and moaned for the most part... the whole to go back to 1.5 and going through a restore mode pissed me off (hope its meant to do that) so i deleated it and tried to go back to devhook .44 (its the only version i had on my computer) and now that wont run.. any ideas.. or am i screwed?

inferno913
January 4th, 2007, 07:01
excuse me, I'm having a problem here, my installer for 1.50 stopped at 37% and then it stopped responding.
Did I do anything wrong?
It says that the DXAR cannot be generated..

haaroon
January 4th, 2007, 19:05
i have a psp 2.8 and can i upgrade to 3.0OEa

nemoseiya
January 5th, 2007, 11:56
nah, your psp has to be firmware 1.5