PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Gran Turismo Concept Offered For Free

gunntims0103
December 23rd, 2006, 22:42
news via igniq (http://www.igniq.com/2006/12/ps3-gran-turismo-concept-offered-for.html)

Tis the season for giveaway downloads. First it was Bethesda with its free Oblivion add on pack, and now Sony has stepped up to the plate to provide a free glimpse at Gran Turismo’s future for PlayStation 3 owners.

Of course the number of people who can take advantage of the free download is limited, but it sounds like one that’s worth snatching up.

Gran Turismo HD Concept will be available as a free download on the PS3’s PlayStation Network starting on Christmas Eve, according to Gamasutra.

The concept was originally planned to be a full release that would actually ship without cars or tracks in hopes gamers would buy them through mini-transactions, but that craziness was given up on earlier this month.

According to Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi, the free download will give gamers a very good idea of what the game’s future holds. “With the power of the PS3 technology, the world of Gran Turismo is refined by its full HD visual presentation and unique interactive experience, resulting in an even more realistic and true driving simulator.”

I can’t wait to check this one out and get a better idea of the PS3's full power! Resistance Fall of Man looks awesome, but Marvel Ultimate Alliance holds a lot to be desired thus far.

mavsman4457
December 24th, 2006, 00:41
I'm in the process of downloading this thing right now. Oh boy I can't wait, this going to be incredible. This demo got me to update my PS3 after I held out hopes for an exploit for a month. Good thinking Sony. I know I'm weak.